18

Moments lasting forever.

Sadly they can't.

You wanna know why?

Because the world continues and life goes on.

Ariana was just like the seasons. Happiness with her came and went.

Why do I say that?

A few days after our confession and acts of love she turned cold.

Like something snapped inside of her.

Her nerves were thin and broke as easily as uncooked spaghetti.

She hasn't hurt me, but she hasn't interacted with me since that beautiful night.

She expressed her love in so many ways and as much as I would love to go back to that time I can't.

I have to live with the present and future Ariana.

I just wish I knew what caused a sudden snap and why is it reoccurring.

I can't

keep doing this..

I look over at Ariana who was typing away on her Macbook. She had been doing it for the past three hours.

We hadn't spoken a single word to each other. I didn't have a phone and all I could do is watch TV, but I was picking at my nails.

I was thinking of how to approach her. I didn't want to provoke her and cause her to hit me. I just wanted to calmly get the answer.

I stand up and walk over to Ariana.

"Ari?" I ask lowly

"Hmm?" She hums as she continues to type. Her response was sincere.

"Why have you been so distant? I miss you even when you're around." I felt tears well up.

Ariana stopped typing and turned to look at me. Her face was unreadable, but it didn't show coldness. That's a good sign.

"I've just been stressed and I have so much to do in little time. My manager has been wanting more vulnerability from me and I hate publicly showing that side to the public so I was kind of upset these past few days because of it. I'm sorry." Ariana confesses

I run into her arms which catches her off guard, but she embraces me tightly.

All I wanted was her to be real with me and she did it.