41

"No baby here." The doctor says.

I feel relief and sadness.

I turned to Ariana and she was staring with her arms crossed.

Since the other night, she has been silent.

"I want a second opinion." I blurt causing the doctor to side eye Ariana.

She shrugs and he looks at me.

"That would be in a month or so. We are pretty booked and Ariana's status basically pushed you in. I'll call if I get a spot open soon." He says as he cleans me up, turns off the machine, and leaves.

I turn to Ariana.

"So you aren't going to say anything?" I ask feeling suddenly angry.

"What am I suppose to say? Oh darn. Maybe next time. You didn't want a baby so there you have it. Shouldn't you be happy?" She says calmly which was making me more upset.

"I am. I just- I just-." I felt a flood of tears coming my way.

Ariana's face softens and she comes to comfort me.

"I didn't care if you did have me impregnated. I started feeling confident and I wanted a baby. I feel like I lost it because in my heart I KNEW I was pregnant. My body said so."

"It's probably too early to tell. Once we get the second opinion then we can go from here okay?" She assures and I nod.

"Do you think I can get a pregnancy test just to be sure?" I sniffle.

"Maybe. Its bright outside and we already risk it by coming here. Paps especially TMZ has a eye on us." She says sadly.

I nod and just accept I have to wait.

Once we made it home, the chatter of animals running to the door brought a smile to my face.

They were like children.

"Hey guys." I smile as I get down to there level.

They jump and bark as I sit to the floor. When I sit, the dogs immediately snuggle to my stomach. I smile. I think this pregnancy stuff is going to my head.

"There's no baby in there yet guys."

What if..

no.

My smile dropped. The wound was incredibly fresh and I stood up then walked to the kitchen.

"Good news." Ariana says.

"What?"

"I got you a appointment in two weeks."

I shrug and get water from the fridge.

"I thought you wanted that." Her smile drops.

"I'm not pregnant. I just want to be. I need to let the desire go."

"You don't know that yet. These things take time." She says and I look at her.

"Are you indirectly admitting you tried?" I raise a eyebrow.

"Nope, but you can keep up with the theory without evidence." She winks and goes to the living room.

I eye her as she walks past.

I just know I'm pregnant..

i feel it.