26

The rest of the concert was a blur. Ariana has just publicly outed us. Everyone had there eyes on us for any little thing they could post from this moment on. I'm sure half of the world knew about us at this very moment.

I kept my composure the rest of the show and once it was over I let out a deep breath. Everyone was surrounding me and squealing.

"We knew it all aloooong." Brian sings and I cross my arms.

"It was hard keeping that secret. Congrats girl and welcome to the chaos of fame." Scott sighs

Ariana and I were on our way back to our hotel. She was on her phone and she had a smile from cheek to cheek.

The reaction must've been great.

"When am I getting a phone Ari?" I mumble.

Her eyes snap over to me and she pulls a phone out of her hoodie pocket and hands it to me. It was still wrapped in plastic like new.

I unwrapped it and turned it on to see the apple logo appear. Stars were in my eyes now and I was finally a little bit free.

"Don't try anything funny because I can see everything on my phone." She scolds.

I nod her off and begin setting up my phone and calling my parents immediately.

It was late, but not too late.

Must've been late enough because they didn't answer. I pout and decide to call Danielle.

"Hmm Hello?" Danielle said in a raspy voice.

"Hello stranger. Wasn't I the early bird at sleepovers?" I chuckle

I hear her shuffling to sit up.

"Arielle?!" She squeals

"I think that's the name I was given?"

"Oh my god! Shut up! I miss you so much and it's been what? A few days?"

We continued our conversation. It was a heart to heart and just catching up more like old times.

But in all honesty..

We were just ignoring the elephant in the room..

"Um well.. I see you and Ariana made it official." She says awkwardly.

"Yeah.. it was a surprise to me too."

Ariana and I were walking to our room. She had already finished with her phone tonight and was just listening to my conversation.

"So I guess it's too late for take backs?"

"Take backs?" I ask in confusion.

"Yeah. You breaking up with her and giving me a chance."

Ariana must've heard that comment because she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me and the phone.

"Dani.. as much as I love you. My heart is with Ariana right now. If things were different-"

"They could be! You really are gonna settle for that treatment. She clearly takes out all of her anger on you! For being you! She only publicly claimed you cause she can't handle seeing anyone else having you or even thinking about you. You deserve so much better and if it isn't me hopefully it's someone el-"

Ariana ripped the phone from my hand and put it to her ear.

"Look here persistent, lonely bitch." Ariana gritted

"Arielle is happy. I'm happy. We are happy. Arielle is free to leave even the tour if she wants to, but has she? No. Has she brought it up? No. So either accept what she wants or does or lose her number. Do you get it now slow cunt!" Ariana gritted while maintaining eye contact with me.

I felt all the venom in her words and I froze.

She was not only making the point clear to Dani, but to me also.

That freedom ticket was a option, but at the end of a never ending hallway.

But I've also never brought it up.

I could've stood up and stopped this.

Why am I not standing up for my best friend?!

Ariana is months and Danielle makes up a whole decade!

Out of reflex, I yank the phone from Ariana's hand and put it to my ear.

"I'm sorry Dani." I hang up.

I felt my emotions start to rise. I was upset and sad at the same time.

I wanted my best friend to love who I loved not want to beat her ass and I'm one thousand percent sure this would seal Ariana's fate.

On the other hand, I didn't want Ariana disrespecting someone who I intend on letting stay in my life forever.

Danielle did need to understand that I'm with Ari now and that wasn't changing anytime soon.

Besides Danielle was still a sister to me in my eyes.

I love them both, but they were tearing me apart and I felt myself spiraling deeper into the abyss of despair.

"If I hear that bitch disrespecting me and our relationship again, I will kick her ass. Understand?" She says before continuing to walk towards our room.

"Oh" She says before turning back around and standing in front of me.

"yank a phone or anything out of my hand again and I wont hesitate to kick your ass too."

She yanks the phone out of my hands and continues walking down the hall.