39

The next morning, I was rudely awaken to vomit.

If I hadn't "drank", why did I suddenly vomit?

Ariana said it could've been something I ate the day before, but I don't recall eating. I recall DRINKING.

She still claims my mind is twisted because of the time difference, but I know what I did.

It felt too realistic..

She hands me a pill and some water as I lay on the couch.

"What is this?" I ask as I sit up.

"Something for your stomach. You'll be taking it for a few weeks just to make sure it isn't a virus."

I raise an eyebrow.

"Since when do you prescribe things pop star?"

"Since I've had a personal doctor on hand. She prescribed them and I give them to you."

I shrug and take the pill.

"May I know what it's called?"

"Something with Bismol in it. She just gave me trial pills to see if it works."

I was still weary, but I laid back down.

Something felt different like my body was preparing for something.

Ariana decided she wanted to go see her family.

I still felt icky, but Joan and Nonna make me laugh and smile.

I needed that right now, but I also feared giving them my virus.

I attempted to put on shorts that I could fit a week ago, but I seemed too bloated for it now which made me emotional.

Me not being able to hold my emotions in over a pair of shorts?!

I must be ovulating or getting my period soon.

I settled for a dress and walked out to Ariana. She noticed the despair written all over my face.

"What's wrong?" She runs up to me.

"I don't know. I can't fit my shorts and the next thing you know I'm crying."

I could see a little bit of amusement in her face which set me off again.

Her face drops.

"It's okay. You are just closer to your period that's all." She pulls me into her arms into an embrace.

"I never act like this Ariana!" I snap with my emotions still swarming the air.

"Could be a change. You do know not every month is the same." She says as she pulls away.

I wipe my face and shrug. I've never experienced sudden mood changes during ovulation or my impending period.

I've always remained cool, calm, and collected.

"My mom and Nonna miss you. They will for sure put a smile on your face." She grins.

I nod and she takes my hand to walk to the car.

Another weird thing happening was Ariana's sudden happiness.

The last discussion we had was about marriage and kids again which ended with her being very upset with my answer of no.

The whole remaining leg of tour was arguing about that. One of those outbursts nearly costed me a fist to the mouth.

It was strange how peaceful she is right now and comforting.

I actually really liked it.

Once we made it to the Grande Household, I was greeted with hugs and kisses.

They really loved me.

"You have such a familiar glow." Nonna says.

"I agree." Joan says.

I grin and watch as they rack there brain for an answer.

Ovulation glow..?

Ariana squeezes my shoulder and I look over at her. She seemed to be over the moon.

I still didn't know the glow they were speaking up, but maybe the glow of happiness? Ariana and I have been on a good day streak and it felt so good.

"So when are you two going to start ringing the wedding bells?" Nonna asks with a eyebrow raised.

"Hopefully soon." Ariana says and I nod in agreement.

If she kept this up, I would be fine with marrying her and fulfilling the motherly duty.

"Then we can get some grand babies." Joan's smile filled up her face.

She would be such a great grandmother. I couldn't wait to give her that IF I would give her that.

The family isn't even the issue, it's Ariana.

She has some issues going on that are yet to be resolved so I'm hoping before we move forward with these plans that she gets them solved.

"See and she's doing that daydream thing Joan always did when she was pregnant with Ariana." Nonna says and my head snaps to her.

"I always daydream mom." Joan rolls her eyes.

"Just saying. It was a trend in your pregnancy and it would explain the glow." Nonna says.

I started to feel sick again and I had to be excused.

I jog to the bathroom, shut and lock the door, and started vomiting water. I hadn't eaten all day so I had nothing to throw up.

I flush the toilet and let my back hit the wall behind me.

I couldn't be pregnant.

Ariana and I hadn't went through anything to move towards pregnancy. I rack my brain trying to figure out how or when, but nothing came into view.

"Where's Ariana?" I asked Brian.

"Uhh I think in her dressing room."

"Thanks."

I skip over to backstage and approach her room. It was shut and locked. I could hear a faint argument on the phone, but it was muffled.

I knock softly and it goes silent. I hear the door handle unlock loudly then Ariana came into view with a smile.

"Hey baby." She smiles.

"Baby are you okay?" I hear Ariana ask softly through the bathroom door.

"Yes my love. Just needed a breather from all the baby talk." I say as I stand up and look in the mirror.

"You know how they are.. just always getting everyone riled up. Can I come in?"

I raise my dress and examine my stomach.

Nothing to see there.

Maybe I was just over exaggerating.

"Babe?" Ariana knocks again.

I let my dress drop and open the door.

I look up at her and she looks apologetic.

"Ari.. Am I pregnant?" I say with tears forming in my eyes.