31

I woke up and looked at the bright sun flowing from the curtains.

Today was the day before we left for the next leg of the sweetener tour.

I rub my eyes as I sit up. I get out the bed and walk into the kitchen.

The smell of cooked food filled my nose and I moan.

Tayash had cooked breakfast and it smelled delightful. It had been awhile since I've had anything other than vegan food so my mouth was watering.

"Good morning sleepyhead." Tayash says with a smile.

"Good morning. It smells delicious." I say.

"Help yourself. It's rarely any occasion I make breakfast." Tayash laughs as she makes herself a plate.

I get up and scoop me up some eggs, grab a few pieces of bacon, and grits. Then grab me a water because I need a flush.

The first thing I bite into is the bacon.

I moan.

"Oh god how I miss this authentic bacon.." I take another bite.

"Ari have you on her vegan diet?" Tayash says as she scoops some eggs into her mouth.

"Mhm. I like it, but nothing is better than the real thing." I say eating some eggs.

"You're right. Once she had all of us dancers try her little diet; we didn't last a week." Tayash giggles.

"I've been on it for months so I'm used to it." I grin a little, but it drops when I think about her.

"Hey. It's okay." Tayash says as she drops her fork to come over to comfort me.

"It's not and I don't think it ever will be." I say with tears forming in my eyes.

Her mouth opens to say something, but nothing comes out.

"I just need to be alone." I say quickly before running into my room.

I close the door and lock it before plopping on my bed.

Tears rush down my face into the pillow along with small wails.

I feel a hand rub my back and I freeze.

I know I locked the door.

I looked up and seen Ariana. She looked tired and upset as she rubbed my back.

I couldn't help but feel fear and comfort.

"H-How did you get in here?" I say sitting up.

"I've always been here. I never left your side." She says lowly.

"You shouldn't be here." I mumble.

"But I am and by the looks of it you need me."

I hated that saying, but the way my brain was rewired I did need her.

I jumped into her arms and continued my crying.

That didn't stop her from doing the next thing.

She gripped my hair into a ponytail and yanked my head back to force my face to face hers.

"Don't forget you're mine." She spats.

A soft knock on the door is heard.

"Arielle... Are you okay? I know you wanted to be alone, but I feel like you actually don't wanna be." She asks in a small voice.

Ariana eyes the door with envy.

She clearly didn't like someone else taking on her "supposed" role.

Her eyes then turn to me to hear my answer. Her gripped tighten on my hair and I wince.

"I-I just wanna be alone for now please." I say with pain lacing my words as Ari's grip tighten.

"You sound like you're in pain. Are you sure?" Tayash begins to twist the handle.

"Yes I'm sure." I try my hardest to hide the pain my scalp was feeling.

"O-Okay. I'll check on you later." Tayash says in unsureness.

After she leaves, Ariana lets my hair go and I jump away from her rubbing my tender scalp.

"You're coming home." Ariana says sternly.

"No I'm not. The way you just acted is not what I want." I say with confidence.

I don't even know where it came from.

Maybe tired of being abused?

"Do you think I give a fuck what you want? I tried, but it seems to only work in your favor and not mines."

I look at her crazily.

Does she think THAT statement will make me run back?

"Oh and that convinces me." I say sarcastically with a eye roll. She grips my neck and I couldn't breathe a thing.

"Either that or death because NO ONE can have you if I can't." Ariana was trying to be stern, but her eyes glistened as her grip got tighter around my neck.

The pressure in my face from lack of oxygen made my hands go up to loosen her grip.

"So what will it be?" She says as she loosens her grip a bit.

"I'll... co..me." I say in wheezes.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I wheeze.

She lets go and I gather my breaths.

"I knew you'd make the best choice." Ariana stands up and composes herself.

My face was flushed from the loss of oxygen.

"Get your stuff you're leaving now. I'll be outside waiting. If you don't come or refuse, Call your family and friends because that'll be the last time they hear from you."

As she was about to hop out the window she stops and turns to me.

"Matter of fact, call them one last time because we are snipping that communication now."

She jumps out the window and stand there in disbelief.

I didn't know what to think of all this, but I obediently packed and unlocked the door.

Tayash was sitting at the island on her phone until she heard the wheels of my suitcase on the hardwood coming.

"Where are you going?" She asks as she shoots up.

"B-Back with Ariana. She's outside waiting for me. Thank you so much for letting me stay." I say quickly before rushing to the door.

If she seen the emerging marks on my neck, she'd put up a fight I didn't need right now.

Tayash was the least of my worries at this point.

"You look so flushed and pale. Are you sure about this?" Tayash asks rushing after me.

"Y-Yes." I say trying to open the door.

She slams it back.

"Look at me and say it."

I ignore her demand and harshly open the door and rush out.

The tears were already cascading down my face as I saw Ariana waiting for my by the Tahoe door.

She pulls me into a hug and rubs my back.

I didn't hug back really. I felt numb and hated what my life turned into.

"Everything will be alright." She coos and helps me into the car with my stuff.

I didn't give Tayash one final look.

I couldn't even make myself do it.

I sat there in silence and despair.