23

Ever felt alone in a room full of people?

That's how I felt.

My parents joined us in meeting Ariana's family and it was going well in there world.

Mines not so much.

My leg was still sore from Ariana's mini outburst from earlier and my back hurt from being thrown against the door.

Surprisingly, no one heard my back hitting the door. They all were watching tv when I made it back downstairs in my outfit ready to go.

Ariana must've fed them a lie and I guess everyone believed it. They didn't have much of another reason not to except Danielle.

We were all at Joan's original house. Her house was big and beautiful.

"So how is my sister treating you?" Frankie asks causing me to jump out of thought.

"She's a handful, but she's great." I give the fakest smile I could give.

I wish I could stay behind and let Ariana go. Danielle didn't lie about her regressing.

"Tell me about it." Frankie groans and I chuckle a little.

"Y'all are clearly inseparable. When is the wedding?" Nonna says and everyone laughs except me.

"Let's finish touring first then we will decide." I give a dry chuckle and Ariana picks up on it and grips my sore thigh.

I wince and look back at her. Her face showed scolding behind a smile.

"What's the colors for our baby shower Joan? I heard you already started picking." I giggle and Ariana lets my thigh go.

"Well pink and blue are cliché. Let's do some gold!"

Ariana and her family were cooking and I was finally alone with my parents. I could finally privately talk to them.

"So how are you all taking this?" I sigh as I sit in between them.

"Well, we accept you as what you are. We are surprised by who you are dating, but she's lovely and seems to want what's best for you." My mom smiles.

"She talked so highly of you while you were out. She couldn't wait for you to get back. As long as you're happy. I'm happy." My dad says

"The age doesn't bother you?"

"It's a bit wide, but as long as you aren't like 12 and she's 26. We accept."

I let out a breath of relief. So the waters were now clear. I would feel comfortable finally exposing our relationship.

I'm not.

Ariana completely threw off our happy train and I hate her for it.

All because I lose track of time with my best friend since birth.

If she lost track of time with Courtney or Victoria I wouldn't mind it and I'm sure she would beat the fuck out of me if I did.

But with me it's a problem?

How is this relationship going to survive under these unbalanced decisions?

"Dinner is ready." Frankie sings to us.

We all get up and go into the dining room. Everything was set up nicely and the food smelled great.

I sat next to Ariana and my mom. The food passed around and small talk ensued with the older adults.

I started delving into my thoughts again.

Do I really want to introduce a baby in this broken relationship?

Do I even want to be in this broken relationship for life?

My life was here. I never dreamed of dancing for my complete living or for a pop star. I wanted to be a pediatrician.

I feel Ariana tap me and I look at her. Everyone was looking at me and I looked confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"We just asked how was the food?" Joan asked

I hadn't even taken a bite.

"It's good. Thank you for cooking for us. You didn't have to." I say with a warm smile.

"Aw shut up. I wanted to. You and your family are truly beautiful and I can't wait till we become one big and happy one." Joan says with a smile.

I started eating a little. I honestly wasn't hungry. I just wanted to go to sleep, but at the same time I wanted to stay awake because I knew that tomorrow I'd be ripped from my family and best friend again for awhile this time.

I scoot back from the table and stand up.

"Thank you for the dinner, but I'm going to get ready for bed. It was nice meeting and congregating with everyone."

I peck my mom and dad's cheek.

"I'll see you in the morning before I leave." I whisper to them.

They were staying the night here and get one of Ariana's rides home.

I went upstairs to the room we had established was ours tonight. I decided a quick shower would be nice and decided to start the water. I got completely naked and looked at my body in the mirror. My leg wound had closed up, but was still red.

My back had a light bruise, but it was nothing too noticeable.

I sighed and hopped in the shower. As quick I was in was as quick as I was out.

Ariana came into the bathroom and raised an eyebrow at me wrapped in a towel.

"So you are going to shower without me again?"

"Most definitely after earlier. I'm tired of you wanting me to forgive and forget." I spat

I try to walk out but Ariana swings me back to face her.

"This is the main reason why I don't let you get your way because you become an entitled bitch." She spats at me

"Maybe I wouldn't turn this way if you'd stop hitting me and controlling me." I push past her and throw on some pjs. I get into the bed and turn off my side lamp.

She closes the door and I hear the shower run.

A tear slowly cascades down my face.