10 | Troubled Souls

TW *panic/anxiety attack & mentions of rape*

also, Gabriel's nicknames are Gabe and Gabby in case anyone gets confused, okay thanks :)

and Nicandro's is Nic or Nico or Ro hehe

Z I O N

My legs worked fast as I followed River down the school corridors and into the locker rooms.

"What the fuck is going on?" I tried asking him as we made out way to wherever he was taking me.

His answers came out scrambled, and I couldn't, for the life of me, understand what he was saying.

It pissed me off that I was feeling scared as he led me into the locker room.

Then my eyes registered the sight of Gabriel sitting on the bench with his head in his hands, and Nicandro crouching before him, looking dumbfounded.

Shit.

"Okay, good job, buddy. Now, don't talk. Try to breathe," Nico's voice was unrecognisable. He never spoke this soft to anyone before.

River turned to me, gesturing at the sight before us with his eyebrows furrowed.

He expected an explanation, and I had a feeling I knew what it was.

I just wasn't sure Gabe wanted me to share just yet.

"He was fine half an hour ago," River's voice was low, his tone threatening. "Nico pulled me out of class and dragged me here. He said Gabby wasn't saying a word. He kept mumbling things, saying he couldn't breathe."

I ran a hand down my face in frustration, rubbing my chin impatiently.

"The fuck do we do?" River stepped closer to me, demanding an answer I didn't have.

"I don't know," I pushed him aside, and the fucker wouldn't move until I used force.

Nico was sitting next to Gabriel now, his hand soothing Gabe's back.

He was breathing heavily as he planted his elbows in his knees, head in his hands.

"You're okay, Gabby," Nico uttered softly.

When his face turned to us, I was devastated. The rims of his eyes were red, and I could tell he was about to lose it.

I couldn't imagine how Gabriel was feeling.

"Gabe," At the sound of my voice, his shoulders tensed. I walked closer until I was right in front of him. "Can you look at me?" I asked gently.

He shook his head.

"That's okay," I replied as Nico rubbed Gabe's back again.

"Please, don't touch me," His shaky voice made us all go still.