Training

"It's fine. But let's get onto business shall we? First things first, do you want to join the Demon Slayer Corps?"

Huh?

"...B-But I'm a demon...isn't that...uhm..." I trailed off, not really sure how to reply, mostly because, I don't know much about the Demon Slayer Corps. Other than, based on the title itself, it's most likely a job on slaying demons.

"Usually yes, but it's rare to find demons such as yourself. Usually demons, especially newly made ones, won't hesitate to eat humans in hungry, even if those humans were their friends and family. But, you didn't do such a thing, instead you protected that woman. That's enough to tell me that you don't behave like other demons and can be an excellent ally." Amaya replied.

"Uhm...thanks..." I shyly keep my head down, not being used to slight praise.

"So how about it, (y/n), do you want to join the Demon Slayer Corps and help humans defeat the demons? If so, I will teach you what I know." Amaya proposed, her face still neutral as she awaited my answer.

I thought for a moment. I'm a really capable of the hard training and dangerous situations? Aren't I too weak? Will others in the Demon Slayer Corps really trust me and won't kill me instead?

But, now I have freedom to do the things I want. And...I want to help people.

"Yes..I-I'll join the Demon Slayer Corps...!"

"Good, then I'll teach you everything I know. Be prepared for the harsh training, I won't go easy. We'll start tonight."

"Ok! But, isn't that too late..? I-I mean I get that I'm a demon and...can't go outside...b-but...." I trailed off, getting a bit embarrassed at my shakily reply.

"It's fine. Demon Slayers quickly get use to not sleeping at night since that's when demons are most active. For now, this will be your room, I hope you find it comfortable. Stay in here for the time being since most of the house has a lot of windows that can't be closed like the ones in this room. I'll come get you at night and then we'll get start." Amaya said before standing up, putting her sheathed katana back in place at the hook on the belt. She shortly left and closed the door swiftly behind her.

I signed, deciding to get some well deserved rest before my training will commence.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

My eyes opened and I swiftly sat up when I heard loud knocking at my door.

"...Come in...!"

"Are you ready? Because before we start, I want to give you a few things that I have brought during the day." Amaya said. And as she said that, I noticed she was holding a few pieces of clothing.

"Ah! Y-You didn't have to do that...." I meekly said, but I'm happy that she considered to buying me a few gifts. Since well...I was never given anything my whole life expect for a few necessities and wear the same dirty kimono.

Amaya had a ghost of a smile, sitting down as she laid out the pieces of clothing. Some were usual clothing pieces, such as a decent (c) kimono, pants, (c) socks and leg wraps, etc,. But the few things that stood out were a black shirt with a long turtleneck, black gloves that would reach over the wrist, and a panda mask.

"Thank you, Amaya-san...But, what's with this...?" I questioned, shyly pointing at those three pieces of clothing.

"Ah, they're special clothing that'll protect you from the sun. The fabric and material that was used to make this was always bare to the areas never touched by the sun. These will now help cover all your skin from the sun." Amaya informed.