Train of Infinite Dreams

Unedited :) This story will now contain manga spoilers for those anime-only's, so beware.

"Eeeeeeeh?! So we still have no orders?! We should've just stayed with Shinobu-san!" Zenitsu exclaimed.

"No...our treatment's done, and we've been cooped in the same place for a month..." Tanjiro trailed off as Zenitsu started hitting him.

"We didn't have to have that sad goodbye!"

"Well...it's easier to make a move when the orders come...and the flame pillar..."

"Moron, moron, moron!!"

I watched the scene before me before my attention went towards Inosuke, who called out to us.

"Hey!"

"I'm busy now!"

"Hey!! Hey!!"

"What is it?!"

Strangely, Inosuke started trembling, but we quickly understood why when he said, "What's that creature there?!" He continued to tremble as he pointed at the long creature. I stared at it in amazement, wondering what it was.

"This thing is the master of the land, yeah...it controls the land. There's no mistaking it's length and and intimidating aura. It may be sleeping now, but don't let your guard down!"

"...It's so cool looking, what is it?!" I said, leaning towards it. I was quickly pulled back by Inosuke. "Hey! Don't get to close to the master of the land! You might wake him up!"

More like you will...

"Ok..." I nodded, deciding to listen to Inosuke. He let go of my wrist when Zenitsu cut in, annoyed.

"No, it's a steam engine. You don't know about it?" Zenitsu said.

I tilted my head. "A steam engine...?" I mumbled.

"Shh! Calm down!" Inosuke said, putting a finger up to his mouth area, gesturing Zenitsu to be quiet.

"No, you calm down."

"I'll go on the attack first!"

A crowd started to form around us, giving up weird looks. I quickly tried to hide myself beside Tanjiro. He smiled at me and patted my head before looking at Zenitsu, a determined expression on his face.

"It may be the guardian spirit of this land. So it may not be a good idea to suddenly attack it."

Zenitsu deadpanned at Tanjiro, looking like he lost all hope.

"No, I'm telling you it's a steam engine. You know what a train is? It's a vehicle. It carries people. You bumpkins."

"Hm? Is this what the crow was talking about?"

"Crow?"

Inosuke suddenly head butted the 'train'.

"Pig Assault!"

"Stop, you're embarrassing us!" Zenitsu exclaimed.

I flinched as two station workers were running towards us, blowing their whistles.

"What're you guys doing?!" The officers said.

"Geh!"

The officers stopped, noticing we were carrying swords. "Ah! They have swords! Call the police!"

"Crap! Crap crap crap crap!" Zenitsu grabbed onto Inosuke, pulling him away from the train. "Make a run for it!"

Tanjiro nodded and grabbed onto my hand. We all ran off and hid.