The Dawn Spreads

Unedited...

"You should try to go to my parent's house, the Rengoku house. There should be some notes which the 'Flame Pillars' of old left behind. My father often read those, but...I never read them, so I don't know what's inside them. But there may be some record...about this 'Dance of the Fire God' you were talking about." Rengoku-san weakly said.

I continued to sniffle, looking down at the ground because I knew that if I looked at Rengoku-san, I wouldn't be able to hold back my sobs.

"Ren...Rengoku-san...That's enough...Please stopped the bleeding with your breaths..Isn't there a way to plug the wound up?" Tanjiro sadly said, hoping there was some possible way to save Rengoku-san from his demise.

"There isn't. I'm going to die very soon. I'm gonna talk while I still can, so hear me out."
I want you to tell my little brother Senjurou that he should proceed down the path that he thinks is right, as his heart tells him to. Tell my father, to take care of his body. And also, Kamado, I believe in your sister, and (l/n), I believe in you as well and accept you as a member of the demon hunters as well as Kamado's sister. Inside that train, I saw that girl protect humans despite her bleeding out. And (l/n), sacrificing her body to protect humans. Those who risk their lives to fight demons and protect humans are demon hunters, no matter what anyone else tries to say. Live with your chest held high." Rengoku-san smiled. "If you get knocked down by your own weakness and cowardice, flame up your heart, grit your teeth and move forward. Even if you stop in your tracks and cower, you're not gonna stop the flow of time. Don't be sadden by the fact that we're all reaching the end. Don't worry about me dying here. If you're a pillar, it's natural to become the shield of your juniors. If you're a pillar, you do the same thing as everyone else, no matter who they are. Young buds can't get plucked. Kamado, my boy, (l/n), my girl, Inosuke, my boy, and golden boy, you all have ways to grow. And next time, you all will become pillars who will support the demon hunters. I believe in you. I truly do."

I couldn't hold back anymore and let out all my sobs.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

"When the train derailed, Rengoku-san used a lot of techniques. The damage to the passenger cars was kept to a bare minimum. I suppose..for him to die...I can't believe it...did a Upper Moon Demon actually come?" Zenitsu said.

"Yeah..." Tanjiro weakly replied.

"Why did a Upper Moon come here like that...Was he that strong? That can't..."

"Yeah..." Tanjiro weakly cut Zenitsu off.

"I hate it...even if I was able to do a single thing...there was another thick wall right in front of me...Even though I should've been able to help him out, I still couldn't get to them. It felt like I stumbling then...so...can I even become like Rengoku-san?" Tanjiro cried.

Zenitsu shortly followed after, using his arm to cover and wipe the tears off his face.

Inosuke started trembling.

I continued the sniffle, small whimpers coming here and there as I cried.

My eyes widened when Inosuke suddenly shouted.

"Don't go spewing out timid ass words! All that talk about whether you can be or can't be like Rengoku-san is pointless!! He said that he believes in us! Don't think about anything else except living up to it! Creatures that die just return to the earth! He won't come back even if you bawl about it! Don't cry, even if you feel regret!" Tears started coming over off the eyes of Inosuke's boar head mask. "No matter how miserable you are, how embarrassed you are, you just have to keep living!"