Natagumo Mountain

If you haven't already noticed, the story follows the manga more than the anime, but I do try to add anime bits that I remember for certain scenes. Sorry for leaving this out and I also added that part to the Character Info. Like previous chapters, this chapter is also unedited.

It was finally morning. I groaned tiredly as I put on my panda mask, my turtleneck shirt and gloves already on.

I don't think I've had a night as chaotic as last night.

Ever since Zenitsu found out Nezuko was Tanjiro's sister, he's been bowing and nodding towards Tanjiro all night. While Inosuke would constantly ramming into people.

On the eve of everyone's recovery, Tanjiro's crow flew again and alerted us on an emergency summon, telling us to head to Natagumo Mountain.

I wanted to groan even more.

At least we got a break...

—————————————————————————————————————————————

"We'll be going now, thank you for your care." Tanjiro said to the old lady.

All of us bowed to the old lady with the exception of Inosuke.

"I shall light some sparks for you..." The old lady said, pulling out materials to create the sparks (idk what they're called).

"Thank you very much!" Tanjiro said happily.

In contrast to Tanjiro's reaction, Inosuke became angry. "What are you doing you old hag!" He loud, raising a fist and walking towards the old lady.

Quickly Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and I jumped into action. Tanjiro went behind Inosuke, holding him back with me putting my hands on Inosuke's chest, pushing him back, while Zenitsu shielded the old lady protectively.

"Are you stupid!? These are "sparks" you know?!? The old lady is helping us ward of evil spirits! After all, we are about to embark on a dangerous mission!" Zenitsu yelled out.

Unfazed the old lady said, "No matter what may happen, please live with your heads held high. I wish you luck on your coming battles."

I smiled as we all turned to leave. I noticed Inosuke look back at the old lady.

"What's wrong, Inosuke...?" I asked quietly.

"Heads held high? Luck for coming battles? What does that mean?" Inosuke questioned.

"Well now that you mentioned it..." I trailed off, thinking.

Tanjiro continued for me though. "Actually, now that I think about...this seems like a pretty difficult thing to achieve...living with our heads held high...It means that we should truly try to understand our current standing, and upon this standing, we must devise and follow the correct course of action, without any fear or shame or embarrassment. I think. This is the old lady's way of praying for our safety."

"What's a standing? What do you mean by any shame?" Inosuke continued to questioned.

"That's..." Tanjiro trailed off.

"What is the correct course of action specifically? Why is the old hag praying for our safety? For the old hag to even do that, even though she has nothing to do with us...It seems like the old hag is the only one who doesn't understand her own standing."

Tanjiro stayed silent before speeding up, causing for the rest of us to speed up.

"Ah! He's accelerating!" Zenitsu let out.