2. "Careful" She's Different

Caleb Finn (Kaleb's POV):

I stand behind the trees watching two young women walk through the forest. I chuckle lightly at myself as I watch them. One of them catch my eye, her scent is different than everyone else's. I inhale silently then exhale slowly. My eyes turn glowing red as I watch them intently.

"Katherine, I don't think this is a good idea." The other girl said. They proceed to walk down the path. I grin evilly wanting Katherine ... I don't know why but she feels like a drug.

"Why not-" Katherine gets cut off by the rain pouring harshly on us. I see the other girl and Katherine make eye contact then the other one leaves.

"I'm gonna go," She said. As she walks back.

"Diana, no!" Char stepped on a branch causing it to snap. They both look in two different directions immediately.

"Run," I whisper. Loud enough for them to hear. I see them run down the path and towards whatever they came from.

"Careful," Char said to me. I climbed up the tree rushing from one place to another until I was close to Katherine. At some point she tripped falling face first.
She sits up rubbing her ankle.

"Damnit." She said to herself. I couldn't read her thoughts which I didn't stand cause I could read everyone's mind. Not hers. I stand in front of her. She looks up at me.

"C-Can I .. uh ... help you?" She stutters nervously noticing how she is. I smirk in amusement as she starts to shake a little.

"You think I'm going to hurt you?" I tilt my head to the side quickly and creepily at her. She facial expression shows fear, her body senses danger but I still can't process that I cannot read her mind.

"N-No. Not at all," Katherine says, "I just can't walk..." She shrugs shyly after talking to me. I change my eyes to bright red and look her into her eyes.

Hypnotizing her until she walks up again in my home. "You will count to 10 two different times. After that you are gonna fall into a deep slumber." She counts to 10 twice then after I snap. She's out like a light. Char stands next to me.

"Need help taking her back?" Char asked me. I nodded as he lifted her into his arms as we flew back to my place. Trying to remain unseen by the human eye.

-

Katherine's POV:

I wake up to see I'm no longer surrounded by trees. Where's Diana? What happened to me? Why is my right ankle wrapped up? What even ...

A guy walked into the room with a cup and sets it in front of me, "Good. I see you're awake." I remember seeing him in the forest. My breathing starts to rise and get heavier. He sighs handing me the cup.

"Why am I here? Who are you?" I question him wanting to know answers. He shrugs then looks back at me. He looks so much more beautiful in person. His blue eyes are bright, his smile is amazingly beautiful. His hair was curly and long. I couldn't believe someone this beautiful was looking at me.

"You fell and twisted your ankle. Don't walk on it for two weeks, drink some of the herbs in this water. You should heal in no time," He says offering me the mug of water. The scent was mint as I drank half the entire cup of water.

"Who are you?" I repeat the same question as I did before. He sighs running his hand through his long hair.

"I'm Caleb Finn. You are?" He questions me in return after meeting him. He gives me a certain glance then turns to look at the door. His eyes met mine and he changes them to glowing red. Causing me to shut my eyes so he doesn't make me fall into a hallucination or something.

"I'm ... Katherine Lowe." I say. I open my eyes and see him chuckling at me.

"You're cute," he winks at me gets up and exits the room. A minute later he comes back in holding my phone.

"I'll take you home under one condition," He spoke softly as if he didn't want anyone to hear him.

"You act like nothing ever happened. Meeting me, being here, knowing ... this," his eyes color turned red and the white became bloodshot. He changed them back to his normal color after.

"Okay." I murmur softly. He puts my phone in my hand. I turn on my phone to see it at a hundred percent battery when it was at 52 when I went into the forest last night.

My eyes widen when I realize Diana is probably panicking and called the police. I unlock my phone and look at the messages. 58 messages, 104 missed calls.
20 messages and 62 missed calls from Robby. 15 messages and 97 missed calls from Aaliyah.

I look up at Caleb to see him looking down at me. He sighed running his hand through his hair.

"I let you crash here last night while I looked for food in the forest. I'm not going to hurt you," He says to reassure me. Yet, I shake my head side to side.

"I don't believe you," I get up not landing on my ankle. As I slowly hop towards the door. All of a sudden I gasp from being swooped up bridal style in Caleb's arms.

"Trust me," He whispers into my ear as he carries me out the door.

__________________________

Sorry for A N O T H E R cliffhanger! I figured to make this one longer since I made the first chapter short! Here we introduce Char, "Kaleb", Caleb and Katherine and more into the story! Let me know what you think! Don't forget to vote 🖤