19. Concerned about Kathy

Caleb

"What is the concern about now boys?" Cali asks as we enter the large room. It was filled with bookshelves with books from centuries ago. With a large chandelier in the center of the room when you look up.

"Do you know what Vampire Katherine could be? We're concerned about her strength," Char said before I had the chance to even say anything about my girlfriend.

"What has she shown, power wise?" Cali questioned as I swallowed the lump in my throat. Even though we're Vampires, we still have emotions.

"She can only transform into a white cat, and a white owl. She is stronger than me, she can control animals, and fight really good," Green explains all of what she has done. Cali goes more paler than before. Her eyes widening. It drives me nuts how I can't read Cali's thoughts but she can read mine. Yet she's been here longer than any of us.

"It sounds to me like she's either a newborn or she's pregnant," My eyes widen as I process her words.

"What?" My accent thick.

"Newborn or pregnant. It is possible for her to get pregnant, Caleb. She is a newborn, it takes an entire century to change your body form. And if she were you would have a half human, half vampire baby. Meaning she's immortal."

"How can pregnancy affect a Vampire?" I ask her. She chuckles at my question. (This is completely fantasy btw)

"Katherine should have the ability to transform into any colored cat or owl. But, she probably doesn't. It can also effect her food system, and the pregnancy will only take five months instead of Nine cause the baby grows faster." My eyes widen as I processed this.

"I'm not concerned. She's a Newborn. Caleb, she's just adapting to our environment. It'll go away eventually," I nod. As I listen to Cali.

"I do want to see her in two days at dusk, when the sun is almost down. Here. In this building so I could see for myself." I nod. We all kneel then we exit the building.

"I'm assuming it's just the Newborn traits, there is no way she could be pregnant." Green said trying to process what she told us.

"Caleb, don't worry. I don't believe she is." I nod when Char pats my back. I transform into a bat leaving them to it. The sun was down so I wasn't concerned much.