16. Sunset to Dark

Diana

"How come you didn't tell me you were gay?" Katherine asks me. My eyes widen in shock and surprise. I'm about to question when her eyes turn red. Then back to their normal chocolate brown.

"I ... I was afraid..." I face away from her, "I didn't think you would accept me." I had to hide it from my family for years cause they were homophobic. I felt bad for keeping it from her...

"I'm still your best friend. I'm always going to love you," She says in a supporting sisterly manner. My eyes start to water when I turn back at her.

"You mean it, Katherine?" I asked feeling a tear slowly slip down my face. She nodded then pulled me in for a hug. I see Caleb transform back into himself as he watched us behind a corner.

"I'm always going to be here for you," She said as I hugged her tightly. I sigh in relief knowing my best friend accepts me for who I am.

"There's something I need you to do for me," said Katherine as she pulled away from the embrace. I wiped my tears away.

"Yes?"

"I need you to call my family ... and Robby's and still them we passed away...."

-

Katherine

"Do you think they're going to believe it?" Caleb whispered in my ear as Diana was talking on the phone.

"I hope so," I tell him. Crossing my arms against my chest patiently waiting for Diana's call to end soon.

"I want to give you something special tonight," he whispered in my ear. I felt his hands slowly go under my shirt touching my waist. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I instantly knew my eye color transformed into a crimson red color. Just like Caleb's.

"Something ... special?" I question.

"Yes," he mumbled softly. He kissed behind my ear feeling the sensitive spot. He stopped as his hands still stayed on my waist.

I see Diana walk towards me with the phone in her hand. She sighs, "It's done. They believe it and they're sorry for my lost. They even asked if they wanted me to come back home. I told them it wasn't necessary." I smiled as I looked at her arm. I sighed in sadness but I did whatever I had to do.

"I have work to head to. So, I'm going to leave, you have the house by yourselves until midnight," I nod.

"Char will escort you to work. Just in case Yagi didn't leave, leave." I nod in agreement with what Caleb said. Diana seemed reluctant but she nodded in agreement.

"Aaliyah is visiting tomorrow." Diana says before she heads into her bedroom.