Chapter II - Back From Gone

╣╠

"Why you gotta show up lookin' so good just to hurt me?

Why you wanna stop this whole damn world from turning?"

Mercy

Brett Young

╣╠

Chapter II - Back From Gone

╣╠

The two men tapped their staff in sync attracting the attention of every soul in the room to the door as protocol states

The two men tapped their staff in sync attracting the attention of every soul in the room to the door as protocol states. I looked to Susan who practically plans all of the events herself. From what I know we all of the guests have been accounted for.

"Introducing, his royal majesty, Prophesied Son of Adam, Knight of Narnia, King Edmund the Just."

The brightest smile comes to my face as I see Edmund step out, fully prepared for the ball in his finest suit and his crown. Even from afar, I could tell that he had grown much since I last saw him, which included a respectable amount of facial hair. He stood proudly alone for a second before raising his elbow nobly.

"And prophesied Prodigy, Knight of Narnia, Lady Ashton of the Western Wood returning from their travels around the land."

The ballroom cheered upon their return but I did not. My body went into some sort of trance with my mouth slightly agape, looking at the girl that ran out of these halls two years ago, walking down the stairs, escorted by my little brother. They both smiled kindly looking down at everyone from the top of the stairs. Ashton wore a light blue dress, decorated with sequins. Her blonde hair was curled slightly, falling over her bare shoulders. I turned my head, afraid I would get caught staring but as I looked around the room I noticed, no one could take their eyes off the two of them.

Everyone in the room bowed for Edmund and Ashton. I gathered myself, bowing as a sign of respect, even though I outranked both of them as High King. Ashton and Edmund bowed back together.

The crowd parted, making way for them to come up to the thrones. Lucy and Susan rush to my brother, hugging him at the same time. Edmund then walked towards me, standing in front of me, sharing a moment before I hugged him as well. Over Edmund's shoulder, I saw Ashton hug my youngest sister. Her eyes met mine and she offered a small smile that I returned.

"How were your travels? Oh, you must tell me everything!" Lucy exclaimed to Ashton.

"Of course," Ashton agreed, "How about at breakfast tomorrow?

"Perfect." Lucy smiled, looping her arm under Ashton's to introduce her to friends.

I turned my attention back to Edmund as he pulled away, "It's great to have you back, brother."