Chapter V - Victory Day

╣╠

"Now the day bleeds, into nightfall

And you're not here,

To get me through it all

I let my guard down

And then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved."

Someone You Loved

Lewis Capaldi

╣╠

Chapter V - Victory Day

╣╠

Waking up before the sun rose became a habit during my travels

Waking up before the sun rose became a habit during my travels. Waking before everyone else a certain peace to it. I hadn't fully slept through the night since we got back, my reflexes jumping into action every time I hear the slightest noise from outside my room. My instincts believe that to be safe seems too good to be true. So when I wake, I sit on the railing of my balcony, watching the sunrise, letting my mind wander before the day starts.

"Milady Ashton. Rise and shine." A kind woman's voice calls from outside my door. "You have a busy day ahead of you."

"Come in." I allow.

The woman inhales sharply when she finds me dangling my legs off the balcony without care. "Heaven's child come down from there!"

"Heights aren't a problem for me," I assure her.

"Well, they will be a problem for me, if you cause me a heart attack."

I smile, seeing the resemblance in dramatics between this woman and Ben's.

"I am Venus. Think of me as your fairy godmother minus the pumpkins and rodents. I'm here for your every style need. We will be seeing a lot of each other as event season nears." She says jumping with glee, her long, tight braids swayed freely behind her. "We have no time to waste. We have much to do! Come on, baby."

I chuckled at that, sitting down and allowing her to begin what she believed necessary. She experimented with my hair for a time, deciding what she would do it. She pulled out a device; I believe meant to straighten my hair but as she ran it through my natural curls; they came out unaffected.

"Darling, in all my years, with curls much more uncontrollable than yours. This straightener has produced the desired pin-straight style I want on even the most difficult hair types. Hold this for me, I might need backup for this one." She says handing me the device, I grab the opposite end as her and she instantly goes into a panic.