Chapter XVIII - Dark

╣╠

"I'll be lying awake counting all the mistakes I've made

Replaying fights,

I know I'll be alright, but I'm not tonight."

I Lost a Friend

FINNEAS

╣╠

Chapter XVIII - Dark

╣╠

Lucy is the first to find me in the morning as I helped Ben put on his armor, situating him for the journey ahead

Lucy is the first to find me in the morning as I helped Ben put on his armor, situating him for the journey ahead. Her face did not overflow with courage or confidence. She pulled my old cloak over her shoulders tightly.

"You have always been honest with me, whether or not I disliked the answer." She started. "Could Narnia fall?"

"The Witch's warriors are loyal and reckless, but to think they are stupid would be wrong. We know little about this enemy, and that's unsettling. You have power on both sides, I would never rule that out."

"Be safe."

"I'll see you for dinner." I smiled.

The sun turned the sky into brilliant orange colors, peeking through the tree line as we marched. We had no specific place of search but we knew the rebels would not leave the western wood so we started off to the darkest parts. The kings and I lead not speaking one word. Nerves and adrenaline stole our speech.

As we reached the outskirts of where my mother's castle used to stand, I felt goosebumps raise on my skin. I swallowed hard, "We're close. Real close."

"Keep a sharp eye." Edmund commanded the troops who passed the message along down the line of hundreds of soldiers.

"The caves, it's likely they took over what is left of the dungeons. It's underground, quiet." I advised the Kings.

"Can you get us in?" He followed up.

"Ben and I know the tunnels like the back of our hands, I'd be more worried about getting everyone out. If anyone is forced to divide, or the pattern changed due to the destruction of the castle, we could get aimlessly lost."

Peter nodded, "We'll send a small group in to scout the situation."

"Ashton, Ben, Ed, Mason, Alyssa, and Robin Hood." Peter instructs, conveniently picking the sneakiest people he knows. "I'll take the rest through the forest. We will meet at the castle at dusk."

"Make sure Ash doesn't do anything stupid." Peter tells Edmund specially with a chuckle.

"And how do I know you're not going to do something stupid?" Edmund defends.