Chapter XIV - Square Up

╣╠

"I still feel everything when you are near

And it was just a quick hello and you had to go

And you probably will never know

You're still the one I'm after all these years."

All These Years

Camila Cabello

╣╠

Chapter XIV - Square Up

╣╠

Edmund and I lead our squad, fighting any witch supports that brought terror to our streets

Edmund and I lead our squad, fighting any witch supports that brought terror to our streets. One man came straight for me but didn't make it within five feet before being knocked down by Edmund. We run through the streets following the horrific sounds of innocent screams. I lost count of the number of bodies that were left to grow cold on the cobblestone streets. We kept pushing forward, seeing the destruction get worse as time went on.

As red-dressed guards seemed to multiply on every corner, the witch sympathizers fell into Plan B, lighting fires everywhere. Growing fires were lit on the street, in garbage cans, through glass windows of shops, anything that would burn they aimed for. I grabbed a man dressed in all black, throwing him to the ground, letting his torch roll on the ground until it was out of light.

"We're not going to stop until you give us our rightful queen." He spits in my face. That was the last I needed to hear from him as I raised Rhindon above my head to tear into his chest.

He accepted his fate and his last words were, "We have nothing more to lose. And you have everything too."

"Homes first, make sure the citizens stay clear of the fire!" I ordered.

We diverted our efforts from killing the intruders as they ran off like cowards leaving the mess for us to clean up.

Edmund started shouting, "Get water in pales, buckets, cups, anything that can carry water!"

Everyone with the willingness to help ran to the well, but with more than half of the city at one well. Water would not get out fast enough. I felt useless, just watching with no way of helping.

As the gift of the nation, the human weather machine blessed the sky with an ultimate downpour. The people cheered, dancing in the rain. Edmund and I smiled at each other, knowing the girl responsible for once again, saving us.

Slowly the rain lost its strength slowly pattering out into a cloudy sky.

I expected her to come running out into the street, celebrating with us, but she never came. Instead, Ben came running down. Worry set in all at once, wondering if she got hurt or captured and the rain faded out slowly because she grew out of range.