Chapter XVI - Wedding Bells

╣╠

"If I could build a perfect world, I'd only make you smile

I'd hang the stars, sun, and moon outside this room, but I'll

I'll never be perfect, though I'm gonna try."

Last Time I Say Sorry

Kane Brown & John Legend

╣╠

Chapter XVI - Wedding Bells

╣╠

Peter ran out to meet his deadline early, too early for even me to get up

Peter ran out to meet his deadline early, too early for even me to get up. I woke later, disappointed to not see him by my side. Instead, multiple maids ran in, led by Venus.

"Venus!" I shouted, pulling Peter's sheets up to my neck even though I had one of his light green shirts on.

"Sweetie, I've dressed you for months now, I've seen everything." She laughed. I groaned, seeing she was not getting the point. "Oh! You mean that fact that you're in the King's room. I would like to thank you, I won the jackpot."

The maid's eyes widened, afraid that she just spoiled their secret. "You have been gabbling on the love life of the King?"

"Honey, I've been betting on you, always you." She countered with an evil smile.

"Unbelievable." I roll my eyes, throwing a robe on.

"The king has requested that we get your ready for today." She instructed me.

"What's special about today?" I asked cautiously after all this relationship was supposed to be secretive until the proper arrangements were made.

"He said he would explain that." She swished around a Navy blue dress, flowy but stable, putting it in the bathroom. "In honor of the Navy going through its final preparations today."

I felt pride in my veins, "The greatest Naval forces in Narnian's history, thanks to a stubborn human, a perfectionist polar bear and ex-queen. Who would have imagined?"

Venus scoffed, "Stop bragging and go get dressed so I can work my magic."

I did as I was told and changed into the dress, loving the silky beauty of it. It was simple and elegant. Which made me love it even more. "You never cease to amaze me, Venus."

"Only the best for you." She gushes, ushering me to a chair. "I think I have figured out this hair debacle."

Venus had made it her mission to find a way to curl my hair since we discovered that due to my powers, heat would not work.