Chapter 22

Flashback
~~~~~~~~

Your P.O.V

Wall Maria fell, it fell because a titan was taller than the wall. My parents are dead, I don't even know if my  family besides my parents are alive. I was being refuged like everyone else that lost everything they owned, a man dressed what looked like to be in a guard outfit ran inside where everyone was being taken cared of.

He seemed panicked, and kept asking the Garrison soldiers where he's cousin was. One Garrison pointed in my direction which the man thanked and ran towards me, once the man got closer I realized who it was.

My uncle pulled me into a hug, "Thank god, your alive (Y/N). I thought I lost you," My uncle pulled back with a smile of relief on his face. My empty eyes started to water seeing his face, it was at least a family member.

My uncle was my father's brother, he works under the king directly. He rubbed circles on my back to calm me down, "Yeah I know, you've been though a lot for these past few hours kiddo. I'm here, I heard what happens to my brother and sister in-law but I'll make sure you live long enough to accomplish the family's wish. Something me and my brother couldn't do."

I was confused about what he was saying but brushed it off. My uncle asked if I could stand which I did, he took me to the nearest forest. After we got deep enough, he pulled something from his pocket.

A syringe and some liquid to put into the syringe. My uncle walked up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling up my sleeve. I flinched and yanked my arm out of his grasp, "What are doing with that?" I asked making my uncle look down at the object in his hand. "It's better if you don't know until your older.." He only answered and grabbed my arm again, but with a tighter grip.

I grunted a little at the grip, I punched his chest and tried to get my arm away from him. "What the heck are you doing?! Just answer me then I'll stop acting like a child!" I yelled losing my patience, my uncle looked down at the ground frowning but then placed the tip of the syringe on my skin.

"I might regret this, but I know you'll do this job better then me or my little brother could.." He mumbled to himself but then looked up at me. "(Y/N), promise me you'll live no matter what. Promise me that kiddo, then I'll be satisfied and end both of our sufferings." My uncle was practically begging for my answer.

I nod my head at my uncle's question. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead before pushing the syringe into my skin.

The next I knew darkness took me over, but then once I saw the tress and the night sky. My uncle was gone, and the only thing I could see was the syringe and the bottle he had, covered in his own blood...

~~~~~~~~

I stared at the ground in disbelief, my fucking uncle was a titan shifter! No wonder he served under the king, because of his powers and what he's capable of doing or becoming. I tugged at the chains, I hate feeling like I'm an animal. Rod looked at me, I saw what he had in his hand. The same syringe my uncle had in his hands, Rod handed it to Historia which made me lose my patience.

Eren was crying, Kenny I think was his name came by and cut Eren's forehead. Rod is making Historia eat Eren for the founding titan, and probably me just to get me out of the picture, it's a fifty percent chance I'll be eaten.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled grabbing Rod's attention again. "If you believe in this "god" then why don't you become this god! Don't push all your fucking ideals on your own fucking children! Kids ain't fucking tools to accomplish something!" Rod doesn't look fond of my outburst.

"You don't know what your talking about, (Y/N)" I turn my attention towards the blonde, who stands beside her father. "Really? I don't know what I'm talking about? Well then Miss Historia how about you explain to me what's happening?!" Historia flinches at my voice, "You have no fucking idea what your father is getting you into, all you've been living as is a fake person. You've been living for others, to impress others. Just how about one fucking time you become selfish, that one time you fucking live for yourself and not another person."

This intense staring contest, between me and this girl. I grit my teeth and think about what Ymir told me to do for the both of us, "Protect her..." That's what Ymir left to me before leaving. "Historia, please listen to me." "Why should I?!" Wow, where she get her confidence to yell at me?

I go silent, hearing her suddenly raise her voice. I stare at her, seeing her blue eyes filled with sadden and regret. I gritted my teeth and for once gave up on myself and the people around me, I felt stupid and dumb, if Historia wants to be stubborn so be it even if it leads to her death.

"Fine..." Historia is taken aback from my words. "If you stand by your father, I can't stop you. Family comes before friends...right?" I chuckled bitterly then frowned and finally accepted my fate.

The crave goes silent, Historia holding the syringe at the tip of her skin. She looks hesitated, like she was thinking twice about her choice. Then, it was like she was in deep thought, then suddenly threw the syringe on the floor.

Interested, amused? Definitely, specially when Historia threw her father on his back. Ouch, gotta hurt. She ran over to me, unlocking my locks. I was impressed, surprised she isn't the same girl back at training.

Of course, I had to drag my fat ass up the fucking stairs. Who builds stairs that fucking long?! While trying to get Eren out of his chains, fucking short stacks just had to lick that liquid that was in the syringe.

Fucking making him turn into a titan. Great, gotta deal with a titan both bigger than mines and Bert's.