Chapter 25

A/N

Ha! Jokes on you...I'm not dead, just been busy doing other stuff. I didn't abandoned this book, just got distracted with other things.

____

I had no idea how long I've been staring, this visit felt...off.

Usually Annie has a game of chess ready for my arrival or some messy but amusing rant to listen to. Today, none of that happened. We kinda just..sat around, at the table we play our games of chess at, she eyed me with what looks to be disappointment or dismay?

I can't pick which word to describe her right now. Just know, she's flipping me out with her glare. Like I stepped on her puppy, and didn't apologize for the poor animal's pain.

I cross my arms, not knowing where to rest them. I'm scared, scared if I put my palm on the table, she might stab a pencil though the skin or something more worse than a pencil wound.

I tap my foot against the cold cell floor, trying to find comfort in the sound but nothing settling my nerves down, it's just boosting my anxiety and I really want her to say something and not give me that disappointed look!

I clear my throat and thank god! She speaks! But doesn't change her expression for my false wish-fulfillment. "I heard you became the Queen's personal bodyguard?" I subconsciously stiffen, I feel like I'm being scolded for making an impulsive decision.

Can you blame me?! I got kissed by Historia and my dumb-gay brain thought it was a good idea to be around her 24/7. This is evidence to why I don't let my brain do the talking nor the thinking, despite the organ's main function; thinking.

I answer her question with a stiff "yes", she gives me a small nod. "Is it fun?" Kinda thrown off guard by the question, I give myself a few seconds to think about the experience so far.

I do like punching drunktards who get a little to bold, or just like having the privilege to boss people around, specially the MP offices; it's quite the sight.

So, yeah but that depends on either side.

I give a nonchalant shrug, not finding any other way to express my feelings on the matter. "Yeah, I guess. Depends if I'm in a good mood." She hums, taking us back to the beginning, where none of us spoke and basked in the silence.

Was it enjoying? Kinda. Made me feel awkward. Like I had some-sort of tension or drama I needed to clear up with Annie, but there was nothing between us; or for all I know.

The cell was empty, no sound coming though the bars. Until the conversation of the Beast titan came into play, I told her my experience with the furry creature and how that dude gives me weird vibes.

I talked truthfully, saying I had no idea what Erwin has in mind but something that's most likely suicidal. Annie then asked if we had a role to play, I give a hesitated nod, assuming all shifters on humanity's side have at least a role to play against the enemy.

I tell her Eren's gonna seal the hole in Shiganshina District, gaining Wall Maria back after losing it to Bertholdt and Reiner. As she about another question, an MP office pounds on the metal bars, telling me visit time's up.

I wonder if these fools know I'm the Queen's personal bodyguard? Just a genuine question, no hostility or evil intent lacing my curiosity.