Chapter 24

This was probably the worst idea, I've ever agreed to.

The plan is to shove gunpowder down his throat, seems easy...right?

We can't get too close to that titan. It produces too much steam all at once, it's constantly regenerating, caused by it's abnormal size.

Not even me or Eren can get close to him, Armin mentioned if we could use my titan but I told the boy it was useless and suicidal.

Our last resort, was to destroy him from the inside. We can't touch him outside, who said his insides were off limits?

I was positioned on the ground, not on top of the wall with the others. One; my titan is bigger than Eren, and will break the wall or I'll get stuck in the wall, half transformed.

That was the bigger problem. Two; the citizens need someone to protect them if any parts of the wall fall off or houses start crashing on people.

I'll feel like shit if I can't at least save one person. I rolled my shoulders, making sure any tight knots were loose.

I didn't need my gear, I'm not going to be slicing titan meat in the air. I'm playing guard dog, and also trying to keep the people calm.

I looked up the wall, I just have to have hope in the Survey Crops. I turn my head slightly, people clustered in a crowed around the soldier, asking them what's going on.

One person points out smoke, another fire of cannons are heard. Making the ground shake, more smoke hits the air. Giving it a gunpowder smell to it, almost coating the blue skies gray.

A gigantic hand grips the wall, holding it for balance. I don't need to see who's on the other side, it's that bastard.

I bite down, tasting metallic on my tongue. I feel my skin break, almost bruising. Lighting crackles though the sky, scaring the innocent people more.

It hits me, surrounding the area I stand with smoke and steam. My body towers over the district, the townsfolk, the ones about to see true hell. What's really on the side, besides titans.

Almost in sink, like he's following my movements. He rises from below the wall, holding onto it for balance. He jaw moved, as if he's trying to roar.

The abnormal titan's front was completely missing. He had no layers of skin covering, not even muscles of tissue. Just organs, out and exposed to the world.

One of his livers fell, making the soldiers from the Garrison jump off, screaming in fear. How didn't he lose any organs on the crawl here?

He's missing eyes, just empty black sockets for where your eyes would be. Different holes in his body, from different sizes, all scattered all over his body.

To make sure his organs weren't falling on people. I motioned the people that were frozen in terror to move. Making sure they caught up with the crowd, it's best to blend than stand out in situations like this.

He really is an abnormal one. When I saw him shifting. I didn't think much of it, I was flesh and blood, of course a titan is going to look big to the human eye.

But, as I stand in my own titan body, one covered with tissues of muscles, layers of skin and armor. I feel...vulnerable, I don't feel invincible or harder to hurt like I normally do.

To other titan shifters, I'm the biggest; besides the Colossal. But, to him....I'm nothing more than just a bug to squash on his way.

I feel a chill run down my spine as he temples slightly, it isn't a chill that just tells me I'm cold. I'm scared, he sends jolts of fear down my spinal cord.