Boys Scout Cookies

Third Person View

Never in his 342 years of existence was he pissed off this much. He was having a bad day. He couldn't even explain it. But the look of irritation, anger and exhaustion was written all over his face as he set his things on the coffee table and plopped down on the couch.

Taehyung ran his fingers through his brown hair before sighing. Even as an immortal that should never get tired, he was tired.

There a loud series of knocks at his door. He decided to ignore it but they were persistent.
He groaned and stomped to the door throwing it open to see nothing.

Thinking it was teenagers doorbell ditching, he was about to slam it shut when he heard a small sneeze.

He looked down and-
"Oh." He muttered.
There on his wooden front porch, stood a small, ravenette boy. He was rubbing the back of his hand against his nose since he just sneeze before looking up with a wide bunny smile.

He wore a boys' scout uniform of some sort and his tiny hand was wrapped around the black handle of a red wagon filled with, what Taehyung presumed, was cookie boxes. His nose was red, along with his cheeks compared to his pale skin.

Why was he out in the cold all alone.

"Hello, Mister! M Jungkook!" He said, jabbing his thumb in his chest. "I'm a Boy Scout! And my sunbaes assigned me to sell cookies for a fund raiser! Would you like to buy some?"
"Out in the cold? Why couldn't they do it?" Taehyung asked with an evident frown, he said in a soft voice.
"They said they had an important meeting to attend to! So they sent me! If you're done with your questions, will you buy cookies 'cause Kookie wanna go home and play with BunBun."
"Kookie?"
"That's me! No more questions, mister! Cookies?!" The young boy, who looked no older than 10, spat with a pout and crinkled eyebrows.

Taehyung chuckled before fetching for his wallet.
"Here. No need for the cookies."
Jungkook frowned at the bill. It was a single bill but worthed so much.
"They will think I stole it." He mumbled, pout still on his lips.
"Give me the nasty ones then. So that if you go buy any other houses, they still have something to choose from."
"I dunno, mister. All of them are pretty yucky." He scrunched his nose, shaking his head.

Taehyung patted the young boy's head.
"You pick for me then."
"Okay!" Jungkook turned around before grabbing 7 boxes of cookies, juggling them in his short arms.
"I gave you 4 snickerdoodles and 3 cheese flavored. The cheese ones are yuck but the snickerdoodles are exceptional!" He smiled once again. "Thank you, mister!"

He grabbed the handle of his wagon, ready to leave when Taehyung grabbed his shoulder.
"Wait." He went to the small closet he had by the door and grabbed a large scarf and beanie.

"Come here." He said softly, kneeling on one knee to be aligned with the smaller boy.
Jungkook waddled towards him as Taehyung smiled. He wrapped the rainbow scarf around the boy's neck,adjusting it so that it covered his cheeks and jaw. He took the beanie with the cute fuzz ball on top before putting it on the boy's head.

"T-thank you!" Jungkook said with warm, blushed cheeks. Taehyung smiled softly before patting the boy's head.
"Go home now, sweetie."
"Thank you!" He yelled once again before dragging the wagon down the porch steps and running off.

Taehyung smiled softly before closing the door. In a much better mood now.

__________

It was a Saturday afternoon. Taehyung was in the living room, snuggled in a warm blanket while watching TV when there were loud poundings on the door.
He got up with a sigh, just wanting to lie down all day with no interruptions but he never gets what he wants.