37. Ashton

The wind blew lightly, scattering about leaves along the abandoned street as you walked home. You stuck your ice cold hands in the warm confines of your pockets and burrowed more deeply into the jacket. Snowflakes landed gently on your nose and you huffed them away, tugging your beanie over your head more securely. In the corner of your eyes you saw a dark shadow-like figure dart across someone's driveway. You slowly scanned the yard and saw nothing in sight. Your feet quickly gained speed as your heart began to pound.
"Just let me get home," you whispered to yourself as you saw your house coming into view.
You heard the loud clatter of leaves crunching together and jerked your head to the right, knocking your beanie off, and letting it land on the old gravel road.
You slowly bent down to pick it up and once it was in your grasp, you jerked up and gasped as you saw a figure cloaked in black. His head was tilted down, his black top hat slanted slightly. His pale face tilted up slowly, and you fearfully took in his sullen eyes, the dull look that graced the dark hazel color. A dark faded black ring surrounded both of his eyes and his mouth held a grim frown. He was shockingly beautiful, but the fear he invoked within you overcame everything.
"W-who are y-you," you stuttered as you took a subtle step away from him. He smiled slightly which showed a hint of elongated canines, and you shivered.
"Whoever you want me to be y/n," his deep accented voice said to you as he took a step closer to where you stood.
"H-how do you k-know my n-name?" You managed to mutter.
"I watch you," he said casually," I live for the days I can come out and watch you. You're truly divine y/n." He slid his finger slowly and gently down your face. He got very close and touched his lips to your ear.
"Today, though, I hate to see you. Today, I don't get to see you for my own personal benefit. No, dear I have come to collect you. It is your time," he mumbled.
"M-my time?" He took a step back and laughed, which sent a jolt to your heart. He slapped his head softly.
"Oh dear. I didn't tell you. I'm the Reaper, and you're dead. Oh and mine."
*****
Guess who's back, back again??
It took me long enough right?
This isn't the best but I've been a bad person not updating in so long so I have gifted you with this monstrosity! Yay!
Oh and can we all agree with Luke about Calum being daddy af? Can I get an AMEN?? DADDY BOMERANG!!

Anyways....bye bye😬