Slow Dancing In The Dark

The lights are blinding but she is used to it now.

The stage

The lights

The sounds

The audience

Now they feel familiar to her. It's just ordinary now.

But tonight is different. A constant pang can be felt in her chest.

Tonight is the night she has to break a beautiful soul. Tonight is the night that she has to let go.

Their names were called and the blinding spotlight welcomed them. She squinted her eyes as she tries to adjust to it. Yes she is used to the stage but the nervousness before the performance is still there and her routine is to pray and take deep breaths before each performance.

It's the celebration after the championship for the inter university basketball league. Everyone was on high spirits since their school won. There were invited guests and a DJ but Carol Davis University has their very own R Squared which is composed of their 2 students Roseanne Park and Reverie Lalisa Manoban.

The bestfriends started jamming as a past time at Reverie's home whenever Roseanne visits. Some of her brothers are in the entertainment industry so they have a studio at home. They initially listed to them but ended up playing around the studio.

Roseanne decided to post her cover of Eyes Closed by Halsey and it became a hit. Later on the YouTube channel was changed as the duo posted more covers there. They gained a following and sometimes are asked to perform on events. They mostly decline unless it's a family gathering or at school.

"Hi! We're R Squared! Let's rock and roll!" Roseanne shouted as she hypes the crown and signaled the band to start.

They don't need the money nor the fame. They enjoy what they are doing and they are contented with that.

They started with The Other Side Of The Wall by Void Chords. Everyone was rocking to tune and the rifts of the guitars.

The crowd was already forming below the stage as Roseanne's rock voice is roaring through the speakers. The crowd jumps along to the song feeling ecstatic.

Lisa was the second voice on their first song. She's jumping while holding the mic stand as adrenaline starts to hit her body.

The first song ended with a very loud cheer from the crowd. Everyone is feeling euphoric and they started chanting the duo's name.

"R Squared! R Squared! R Squared!"

"How is everybody doing tonight?!" Lisa shouted as she points the mic to the crowd. Everyone shouted in response. Lisa asked again on a louder voice and the crowd responded louder too.

"Now that's a crowd! Stay with us as we perform a couple of songs for you. Lets go!".

They continued performing with "I Don't Care by Chenyu Hua" then an original song called "I Really Don't Know".

The performance should have ended with their original song but today was an exemption. The line up for them was just 3 songs.

"You are on for a treat tonight." Roseanne said as she drinks water. "Our lovely Reverie would like to perform a special song. Rev?"

Everyone's interest was piqued. Lisa doesn't do solo performances. It is known that the lady just likes to do 2nd voice or sing a few lines but never sing a song by herself. People being very excited is an understatement.