A Thousand Years Part 2

Irene doesn't have any idea where they are going. Lisa have been driving for a couple of hours now and the sun is almost rising.

She asked her multiple times but Lisa just answers her with "Have patience little one." The pout that Irene gives after makes the younger girl chuckle.

She already slept for a good two hours too just like what Lisa suggested but after waking up Lisa is still driving to God knows where.

"Lisa where are we really going? We don't have to elope I will go with you wherever you want to go." Irene said teasing a little. The curiosity is killing her. For sure they are in the sub urbs. The wide road, green sceneries and the hours long drive proves so.

Irene saw Lisa smile hearing her question. The younger girl didn't answer her so she poked her shoulder. Lisa eyed her a second and looked back at the road.

"I know patience is a talent nowadays but be patient little one. We're almost there." Lisa said as she made a sharp left turn.

"Really?" Her butt is aching to be honest but she is more excited to know where they are going. She even declined when she was asked if she wanted to make a stop to pee or eat.

Irene felt the car stop and when looked up front she can see a big golden gate. She saw Lisa punch a code on her phone and the gate opened automatically.

She saw a long road with a house at the very end. Irene feels giddy all of a sudden.

"Is it what I think it is?" Irene asked herself. It's getting hard for her to contain the excitement. She asked Lisa if she can turn on the music to clear her mind. She doesn't want to be ahead of herself.

But the song that played wants to make feel otherwise.

All the things that have been bugging her mind was erased.

The universe is reminding her what is important.

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

What's important is her and her happiness. Right at that moment Irene decided to be selfish.

One step closer

Irene sang the song as it plays. Its her confirmation that she will fight now. The song will be her battle cry.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"Lisa"

"Hmm?"

"I'll fight for you now."

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

"I wont let you slip away."

Lisa didn't answer.

"I know that in your heart its still her but I will change that. I will be selfish this time."

One step closer

"I'm sorry." Lisa answered. Her voice is almost breaking but Lisa tried to be composed.