fifteen ☁️

Jisoo placed his books carefully on his desk as he run his fingers through his messy hair, attempting to tame it down as much as he could. Generally, Jisoo would be the first person to come to school looking put together but today was certainly not the case; the purple-ish color under his eyes explaining perfectly how his previous days went. He was tired and needed to sleep properly considering he wasn't getting as much rest as he needed to so he allowed his eyes to close slowly, his face resting tiredly on his fist when a hand touched his shoulder softly, making him jump at the sudden interaction.

Jisoo looked up annoyed at the person who decided to interrupt his little moment of peace and quiet before he allowed his features to soften once his eyes locked with his.

"Is this seat taken ?" the guy started, and Jisoo just shrugged, turning his head towards the room's entrance to make sure the teacher hadn't walked in yet.

"No go ahead" Jisoo spoke softly and the taller took a comfortable seat next to his project partner as he gazed at him fondly.

Mingyu would lie if he said he didn't find the older interesting, the way he spoke invited him to be more and more curious of his everyday behavior, outside of school. Sure, Mingyu had already spent time with the shorter but it was purely for school purposes and clearly not enough for his curiosity to stop insisting.

As he continued resting his eyes on the boy's back, the latter suddenly turned back to reach for one of his notebooks when he caught the taller staring, his eyes not moving a bit.

Jisoo laughed in discomfort, tilting his head to the left and waving his hand in front of Mingyu's face.

"Did you zoom out?" Jisoo spoke with a smile and Mingyu cleared his throat eyeing the guy up and down.

"I think... there's something wrong with my cellphone— it doesn't have your number in it" Mingyu winked but Jisoo just scratched his head in confusion.

"But... I thought I already gave it to you?"

Mingyu sighed.
"You don't get the point"

"There's a point?"

Mingyu groaned in annoyance as he stared at the shorter boy fighting with his last remaining braincells to make Mingyu's words make sense when he suddenly whacked his head back to look at him with an unreadable expression painted on his face.

"Are you trying to flirt?"

"Is it working?" Mingyu mastered his best grin and Jisoo sent him a playful look as he pushed him lightly.

"Oh why, of course! i'm intrigued" The shorter said in sarcasm as he started laughing, thinking Mingyu was only kidding but stopped after a while watching as his expression didn't change and his face remained calm, looking at him in amusement.

"You and me, date tomorrow night. What do you say?" the taller spoke up again and this time Jisoo wasn't laughing, realizing that this wasn't a joke anymore he started tensing up in his seat, his eyes squinting in annoyance paired up with a frown.

"No thank you?"

Mingyu's face hardened, not being used to not getting what he wanted, his arms which were comfortably resting on the desk formed into two fists.

"Why not?"

"Because you've got an ego taller than your height" Jisoo announced and pushed his books to the side, creating some space for him to rest on as he laid his head on his arms.

"What are you doing?" Mingyu questioned Jisoo and the latter rolled his eyes mentally as the guy didn't seem to stop talking.

"I'm taking a nap" Jisoo responded dryly and Mingyu raised a brow.

"Right now?"

"Why do you think I chose the desk in the back?"

And after that, Mingyu chose not to bother him for the rest of the class. The older was obviously not into it and Mingyu had already gotten the sign but wasn't and would never be the type to give in so easily. He had lived his whole life getting what he wanted and this case was no exception, it was in a matter of time Jisoo would be wrapped around his finger and nothing could change that or get in between.

or so he thought.

-

Jisoo had already finished his most draining class and had managed to make his way to the cafeteria, thanking the gods it was finally a lunch break. Soonyoung being too busy with his girlfriend didn't seem to have much time to spend on the lunch breaks with his friend, which caused Jisoo to sit alone most of the time yet the latter didn't mind it one bit. I mean, sure he looked rather sad but he had gotten used to stares constantly following and judging him no matter what he did. How was this any different ?

Jisoo took a bite of his sandwich as he let his gaze wander around, not looking for anyone specific as he hummed in this now rare feeling of relaxation. That was until the guy he didn't want to see the most out of everyone today decided to ruin it for the second time in a row, wasting no time to share the table with Jisoo as he flashed him another grin.

"Hey there" Mingyu spoke and Jisoo had already started gathering his stuff as he quickly sat up and started heading outside.

"I'm late for my next class" Jisoo announced while Mingyu clenched his jaw. This has really started to get to him yet he still wouldn't give up. He wasn't done until he got what he wanted.

"Hey man what's wrong?" one of his friends said and all Mingyu could do was sigh deeply running his hands through his hair shortly after.

"Wonwoo, I just... I don't know what i'm doing wrong"

The latter sent him a questionable stare, not fully catching what he said before letting his friend continue.

"I can get any person at school—I mean, look at me; I'm tall, I'm handsome, I have perfect grades and I'm the leader of the football team yet Jisoo doesn't seem to be interested" Mingyu pouted as he started twirling his stroke on his chocolate milk searching Wonwoo's eyes in hopes of getting some sort of advice.

"Just give up already, it's not like you care about him anyway you're just doing this to get back at Seokmin" Wonwoo added but Mingyu didn't seem to listen, rolling his eyes and turning his head to face the other way.

Wonwoo knew there was no use telling him to admit his defeat so easily, knowing better than anyone else how stubborn this guy really was deciding it would be best for him if he took a peace of his advice to help him instead of letting him do his own thing and failing horribly.

"Fine, i'll help you but you need to listen to me carefully and not let your horrible flirting technics interfere a second. Got it?"

And Mingyu just nodded, his smile reaching his ears as it slowly formed into a smirk, sighing in approval.

"you can't keep on avoiding me forever Hong Jisoo"

-