1🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

I wake up to my phone ringing.

"Ugh." I groan rubbing my eyes picking up my phone.

I see it's my bestie Olivia FaceTiming me.

"What do you want?" I groan.

Olivia gasps. "Did you forget? Today is the first day to your new school!" She say.

My eyes widen as I jump out of bed.

"I gotta get ready! I don't even know what I'm gonna wear." I exclaim going to my closet.

Olivia just laughs.

Olivia is not as nervous because well she goes to school at San Joaquin Memorial High School. Which is the school I'm about to go to as new kid.

My life is gonna be great!

"Makenna, calm down. I'm sure whatever you choose to wear it's gonna look cute. It always does." She says.

I sigh. "Right, thank you, Liv." I say.

She just nods.

"I'll see you at school, alright?" I say as she nods and I hang up.

I sigh. "This is not the best way to start school." I say to myself.

£££

I walk down stairs to see my parents eating breakfast.

"About time you woke up." My mom says not looking up from her computer.

I was very much surprised because my parents are never home. My mom is a lawyer and my dad is a travel doctor. They never really have time for me. Another reason why they didn't wake me up this morning and Olivia did.

"I'm surprised your here." I say getting some OJ out of the refrigerator.

I pour my drink and turn around and hear silence.

I roll my eyes. "Welp.. I guess I'm gonna head out." I say drinking my OJ.

I grab my bag and head out.

£££

As I walk through the doors I text Olivia to see where she is.

Liv Bug 💛🦋

Ken 🤩💸
Yoooo, where are you ? You're supposed to be showing me around 🤔
Delivered.

As soon as I finish the text I bump into someone.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I say to the guy.

He smiles. "It's fine." He says.

I look at him in a look.

"Oh I'm Josh." He says holding out his hand.

"Makenna." I say proudly shaking back.

"You know everybody is staring at you, right?" He says.

I gasp and completely feel self conscious. "Oh no, is it because i'm new or my kiddy buns on my head?" I ask.

Josh laughs a little. "No silly. It's just that we don't have many pretty girls at our school and out of them you happen to be the prettiest." He says.

I feel my cheeks rush. "Wow, thank you!" I say to him.

"Just know if you got a man imma steal you from him. No cap." He says.

I just laugh.

"No no. No boyfriends... at least until i get a scholarship. I need to stay focused." I say to him.

He smacks his lips.

After that I feel arms around my neck. I automatically know who it is.

I turn around and hug Olivia.

We pull out of the hug.

"I see you've met Joshua." Liv says jokingly.

"Yeah, he's charming." I say looking back at him.

"Yeah, he's also a player." Olivia says giving him a look.

"Ay, they always say don't hate the player hate the game." Josh say licking his lips holding his hands up in surrender.

I just laugh.

"I don't think that's how it works Josh." Olivia says chuckling.

£££

As Liv introduces me to her friends, I see this pretty dude with curly hair.

"Who is that?" I ask her.

"That's Jalen Green. Our star basketball player, literally every girl wants to get with him, but he's pretty focused on basketball." She says.

I notice him turn around and we make eye contact. I instantly break it.

"He's hot." I say.

"Yeah, that's what everyone says." Kennedy says.

"But he's just so hard to get to." Maddie says.

"I feel him though.. I need no distractions this school year." I say.

"Yeah, yeah we get it goody two shoes." Olivia says.

I just laugh.

I look back at Jalen.

This guy is something else.