43🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

Today is the day we leave. I've talked to all of my friends except Jalen. I wanted to make sure he was the last person I talk to.

My parents are already there in Houston Those bitches. I look at my room and see it's still full of my stuff. They are going to send it down to Houston later.

I think of all the memories I've had in this room. The rough times and the fun times. I hear someone come in but I just ignore them.

"Gonna miss it huh?" I hear the familiar voice say.

I turn and see Jalen.

I could just cry rn.

"Nah, this is my home but you are my home too." I say looking at him.

He looks away avoiding eye contact.

It was a silence between us.

"What if you didn't have to leave?" He says out of nowhere.

I look at him confused. He continues to explain.

"You could stay at my house until your senior year is over and then you can move." He says quickly.

"Jalen, you know we can't do that. You don't have enough room for us. If I stay with you Jayden would have to too. If no Jayden no Makenna." I say looking at my room.

We walk down stairs and into the kitchen. I continue to look around and reminisce.

"I know. I just want you to stay." He sighs.

It was another pause between us.

"I'm really going to miss you. I'm not just saying that just because but I really am. I'm gonna miss walking you to class at school, your laugh as we're joking around in class, and even your stubbornness or your cute pouty moments." He says smiling at the ground.

I smile weakly thinking of the times we had.

"I guess it's true... all good things do come to an end." I say softly.

The silence filled the room again.

"So what are you going to do after I... leave?" I ask slowly.

"Well we have a basketball game today but it's really not worth it because I'm not going to be able to see my favorite cheerleader." He says.

I raise my eyebrows.

"What? So your not going?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"Are you crazy? It's going to be tons of scouts looking for you."

"If they really wanted me they'd wait." He says.

I sigh in frustration.

"Jalen, the reason I broke up with you was so you could focus on basketball... not me. I knew it would hurt me, but it would hurt you too." I explain.

He shrugs.

"Well you're always on my mind Makenna Bluitt. Together or not you'll always be on my mind. I'll only miss just this game.. then I'm back to the court. I just need some time." Jalen says.

I nod lowkey understanding.

Silence filled the room again until it was shattered by my brother voice.

"Makenna, our Uber is here!" I hear Jayden yell from outside.

I look up at Jalen and see sadness in his eyes.

"I guess that's my cue." I say as we walking out of the house together.

I stop and turn back to him.

I watch as tears fill his as just as they fill mine. I pull him in a hug and cry in his arms.

"I love you so much." He whispers in my ear while stroking my hair.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

We pull away. I chuckle and wipe my tears.

"Don't forget about me okay? Look out for me. You still will have my number." He says.

"Never." I say smiling while holding the 'J' necklace around my neck.

"Don't forget about us little league kids in the big leagues." I respond back holding my arms around his neck as he holds my waist.

I pull his head to mine so we're nose to nose. I look at him deeply in his eyes. He slowly pulls me in for a passionate kiss.

He pulls away but we're still nose to nose.

"Sorry, to interrupt this moment but we have to go." Jayden says from out of the car.

I pull away from Jalen and nod at Jayden.

I look at Jalen and he smirks at me.

"Go conquer the world." He says smiling.

I smile and nod back.

"Goodbye, Jalen." I say sadly.

Jalen shakes his head.

"It's see you later." He says.

I nod smiling.

"See you later." I say walking into the car.

As the car move, my eyes don't leave off of Jalen until I can't see him no more. When I couldn't see him anymore I realized he's gone... possibly for life.

I guess my brother noticed because he pull my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I know how much you loved him." He says comforting me rubbing my head.

(A/n: The End. Good night. No sequel this is how it ends. ;) x )