36🕺🏽

Makenna Bluitt

I had to leave Jalen's house because my mom was calling me like crazy. I come home to see my parents in the living room.

I look at Jayden. He mouths "you in trouble."

I roll my eyes not really caring.

"Makenna, you told us you were gonna be home at 12. And you're here at 1 the next day." My mom says.

"You didn't ask which 12... it couldve been 12am or pm." I shrug saying.

I hear Jayden chuckling.

"This isn't a game.. we didn't know where you were what do you expect?" She says.

"Well if y'all were actually paying attention to me you would know that if I don't come home I'm at Jalen's or Olivia's." I say.

"Jalen.. huh?" My dad says.

"Yeah... my boyfriend. The one that we're having a dinner with this week." I say.

"Great.. because you're grounded until then." He says.

"What?"

"You act like you can't communicate with us. All you had to do was send us a text." Mom says.

"Well I'm sorry I didn't know you guys were starting to act like caring parents. It's about damn time." I sigh.

"Makenna Faith Bluitt, go to you're room right now." Mom yells.

I just roll my eyes and go upstairs.

I group FaceTime with Elijah and Tyler and tell them what happened.

"I don't know Kenna.. I think they are trying." Tyler says.

"Trying my ass.. I'm almost legal. I don't need my fucking parents to tell me how and how not to act. I did without them and I can do it now." I explain.

"She does have a point." Elijah says.

"But you act like you don't need your parents in your future life. When you get married to Jalen and have little Jalen Green's around what would life be like without their grandparents?" Elijah continues.

"Why did you bring up Jalen?" I ask.

"So you can understand." Tyler says.

"I get what y'all are saying. I'm going to forgive them eventually, but they haven't even apologized for it.. or made a statement about. They just all of a sudden want to control my life." I say.

"Yeah.. that's kind of fucked though." Tyler says.

"Well y'all have a white mom. My dads white. Me... I wouldn't dare do that shit. my dad just sits back because you never disagree with a black mom." Elijah says.

I just laugh.

"I just wish I had parents that at least acted like they cared about me... ya know?" I say.

"Hey, I feel you." Tyler says.

"But I'm sure they love you. All parents love their kids even if they express it in a weird way." Elijah joins in.

"I hate when you're right." I roll my eyes laughing.