41🕺🏽

Jalen Green

Right now, Dior is at my house. We're playing 2k. I've been texting Makenna but she hasn't been answering. I haven't seen her since senior night.

"Yo? I think something is up with Makenna." I say as we play the game.

"What you mean?" He says as both of us don't take our eyes off of the screen.

"I don't know bro. She's been acting weird." I say.

"All girls are weird. Especially Makenna... she's sum different." Dior mumbles.

"But she's not Makenna weird she's like... every other girl weird. And Makenna is not like any other girl. So I'm kind of worried." I say.

"Aww c'mon 2k!" I yell at the TV. 

"Facts.. I would go over her house. Something is obviously wrong or on her mind that's bugging her." Dior shrugs.

I think.

That's it.. Makenna has been wanting to tell me something all week and I've always been busy. She probably needs me like crazy now.

I pause the game.

"Nigga, what are you doing?" Dior says as he watches me get up.

"I have to talk to my girl." I say trying to find some clothes.

"Dang, I didn't know you was actually going to take my advice. If that was the case I would've told you to let me borrow your shoes." Dior says as I get dressed and change clothes.

"Now is not the time." I say.

I run out of the house and get in the car. Then I drove to her house.

•••

I see Makenna on the her porch at the swingset. I see her head down and her swing back and forth.

"So this is why you've been ignoring me?" I ask.

Makenna looks up and sees me then she just looks up and looks back down.

"Baby, what's wrong? Talk to me... I'm here." I say sitting beside her concerned.

"Are you sure? Or are you too busy for me?" She firmly says.

I sigh.

"Look I'm sorry about that. I know you've been wanting to tell me something, but I'm here now." I say.

She just looks out to the street.

"Babe? Are you alright?" I asked still concerned for her.

I grab her hand and we lock eyes.

"You and me together forever, remember? What ever is happening you can tell me." I say to her.

She shakes her head and pulls away from me then gets off of the swing.

"What if it's not us... together... forever? Huh? What if I don't want us to be together forever?" She says aggressively.