31🕺🏽

Jalen Green

Makenna and I haven't really been talking like we used to. Every time we get with each other it's awkward and it's never been like that before.

It also seems like we don't have time for each other. Me working on basketball, seeing scouts, and going to colleges.

Her working on her grades, her sports, and college visits also. It's like we've been drifting apart.

And I don't like it.

and I see Makenna in class at our table but she's by herself.

This is my chance.

"Hey." I say sitting beside her.

"Hey." She says.

It was an awkward silence between us.

"So how is college scouts going?" She asks.

"Good.. I have a lot of colleges on my back right now. So I have decisions." I say.

"That's good." She says plainly.

"What about you?"

"Oh, you know. I have a few colleges wanting me. But some only want me for my smarts and some want me for my athletics. So I'm having a hard time deciding." She says.

I just nod.

"Well I think you should pick what's best for you. Something that you love..." I say trying to make eye contact.

But she just keeps looking away.

"Okay, Makenna, what's going on? I hate how we're acting." I say.

"Nothing. We're fine."

I do 'I know you're lying' look.

"Okay, fine. Liv said that she saw you with Madison in the library. Not just with Madison you were hugging her. I didn't want to make a big deal about it but I'm concerned." She say.

"Madison, she's going through something right now. That only I understand. She hasn't opened up to her friends about it, so I'm the only person that knows." I say.

Makenna sighs of relief.

"Why couldn't you just tell me?" She says shaking her head.

"I didn't think I would need to... but know I know I do and I'm sorry. I just want my baby back." I say pulling her chair closer.

She tries to keep a serious face but fails. We both end up laughing.

"Fine, but Jalen you have to tell me stuff like this." She says.

"Yeah I know.. I know and I'm sorry." I say as she runs her hands through my hair.

She nods as the rest of the group came.