27🕺🏽

Jalen Green

You're probably wondering why i'm in a bad mood at lunch. I'll tell you why it's Cameron. He's always talking his shit.

•PE Class•

I walk in the gym with my boys.

"Ay, I'm finna do you up in basketball though." I told Josh.

"Yeah ight." Josh says.

Dior just laughed.

When we walk in the gym we see a huddle at the bleachers.

"What the hell they doing?" Dior asks pointing out the huddle.

"Ion know let's go see." Josh says.

We walk over to see wassup.

As we walk over to see Cameron in the middle of the circle.

"Oh, Jalen. My man, you came just at the right time. I was just about to tell them my story." He says leaning on the bleachers.

I look at him and shake my head.

"I'll pass." I say about to walk off.

"You don't wanna hear about me fucking your bitch?" Cameron asks as I was about to walk off.

I turn around to see him smirking.

Oh, how I wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"Nigga, what did you say?" I say walking back up to him.

"You know how me and Makenna are a thing right?" He says smirking.

"You know damn well.. Makenna ain't messing wit yo long necked ass." Dior say.

"Don't talk about my girl like that." I say defensively.

"Is she your girl? Cause last time I checked she was in my bed." He said as the boys around him ooh'd.

I laugh trying to nod off my anger.

Then I jump and start punching him.

"Oh shit!" I hear the boys say.

"Ay chill!"

"Hey, hey. Cut it out!" Coach Mike says breaking us up.

"Jalen... you come to my office. Now!" He says.

•••

"Jalen, what is going on with you? You've been going out here beating this kid up knowing you're a star athlete. And you think no one will find out?" Coach Mike says.

"Wait, how did you know that I had already got into a fight?" I ask.

"That doesn't matter, Jalen. It's the fact that you're being reckless and not caring about your career." He says.

"Is something bothering you? Is this about some girl?" He asks.

I knew I couldn't lie to him, but I didn't want him to think that Makenna was a distraction because she's not. She's the best thing in the world that's ever happened to me.

"I- something like that." I say simply looking down.

"Jalen, you're too big of a player to have a girlfriend. I'm sorry, kid, but if you want to make it to the leagues you need no distraction. You have to stay focus." He says.

"I understand." I say simply not arguing with him.

"Now this is your last offense Jalen. Another one and you're off this team. You know I don't want to have to do that, but rules are rules." He says.

"Yeah, Coach, I understand." I say getting up.

"Alright." He says also getting up giving me a hug.

Me and my coach have a good bond together. He's one of my mentors and I think very highly of him.

I walk out the office and see the boys.

"You good?" Dior asks with his hand out for a dap.

I dap him.

"I'm good, bruh." I say also dapping Josh up.

•••

We go to our free period class and I tell them what coach told me.

"I mean he's kinda right. Makenna is kinda being a distraction." Dior says shrugging.

"So you telling me you see a girl getting raped in front of you you just gone watch?" Josh says.

"Never mind." Dior says shaking his head.

"Makenna's not the problem obviously. It's you. You keep letting the man get a reaction out of you and that's exactly what he wants. You almost risked your basketball career. You beat his ass once what more do you want to realize you're the one winning?"

"You have Makenna... she's obviously you're girl. You have your basketball that's makes the world go triangle. And most importantly us... your forever bros." Josh says as I dap him up.

"My man." I say.

"Alright, lets go eat lunch. I'm hungry." Dior says getting up.

"Oh and no one tell Makenna about the fight. She's in a good mood today on her first day back and I don't want to ruin it. I do know for a fact she'll kill me if she finds out I fought him again." I tell them.

"You're such a good boyfriend." Dior says cheesingly.

"Not boyfriend yet, but soon." I say.

"You simp." Josh says.

"Let's not talk about you and Olivia and how y'all be boo'd up in class." I say as Josh laughs.

"My nigga. Olivia will be reading a book to him in class and he actually listens." Dior says.

"Wow! But i'm a simp." I say laughing.

"You ain't have to do me like that Dior." Josh says laughing.

A/n: 🥺👉🏼👈🏼
Simp thing came overnight so had to put it in. 👀