42🕺🏽

Jalen Green

The dinner table was really quiet. No one spoke unless they asked someone for something other than that no conversation was mad.

"Jalen, baby what's wrong?" Mom says.

I shake my head.

"Something is wrong." She says concerned.

Dior looks at me.

"Is it..." He pauses looking for approval to say it.

I nod.

"Makenna."

"What about her?" Dad says.

"Please don't tell me y'all broke up." Mom pouts.

I just hold my head down.

I hear my Mom get out of her seat. She walks over and hugs me.

"Baby, I am so sorry! I know how much you loved that girl. We did too." She says comforting me.

"I'm going to never see her again." I say softly.

"Huh?" Dior says.

"What happened?" Dad asks.

"She's moving. Her parents got a promotion and is making her move. She didn't want to long distance because she said it would hurt her. So we called it quits." I explain.

"Man, Im sorry. You guys really had a connection." Dad says.

When he says that I think of all the memories. All of the times we've had. I remember her first day she came here. I was already obsessed with her. I remember staring at her at lunch.

£££

We were at lunch my friends were talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy looking at Makenna. She's amazingly good looking.

"Jalen." I hear Josh say.

I snap out of my daze.

"Wassup, man?" I say casually.

"Don't act like we didn't see you staring." Josh says as the boys agree.

"I mean how could I not stare look at her." I say gesturing to look at her.

I look and see her smiling.

I would do anything to see that smile.

£££

I remember when I stalked to find her Instagram. The first time she said she loved me. How stubborn she is. I felt my eyes water.

"I'm gonna go to my room." I say dismissing myself.

How am I going to live without her?