3🕺🏽

Jalen Green

We were at lunch my friends were talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy looking at Makenna. She's amazingly good looking.

"Jalen." I hear Josh say.

I snap out of my daze.

"Wassup, man?" I say casually.

"Don't act like we didn't see you staring." Josh says as the boys agree.

"I mean how could I not stare look at her." I say gesturing to look at her.

I look and see her smiling.

I would do anything to see that smile.

"Listen all I gotta say is I already tried it. She's not like these other girls." Josh says.

"Nigga what you mean?" I ask.

"She's hard to get. She's focused on school and sports. She made it clear no boyfriends, no distractions.." Josh says.

"Even if you did mess with her you wasn't gonna cuff her." Scottie says.

Everybody laughs.

"Right." I say biting my lip.

Makenna Bluitt

I was in the library studying and I hear books slam the table.

As I was sitting at my desk and hear books slam on my table.

"You should so sit at lunch with us, tomorrow." A girl says.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I ask.

"We're Madison and Presley, of course." Madison says.

"Yeah, well I'm kinda already sitting with somebody, so I'll pass." I say as I fake smile then continue to do my work.

The girls looked at me in disbelief. Slowly they walk off and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

As soon as I say that I feel someone tap my shoulder. It was Kennedy and Maddie. Two of Olivia's friends I met yesterday.

"Omg, what did they say to you?" Kennedy says.

"Yeah, I could tell. They were being total asses. It's fine I rejected there lunch invite." I say continuing to work on my work.

Both of them gasp.

I look up.

"They invited you to sit with them?" Maddie ask.

"Yeah." I say.

"Why didn't you say yes?" Kennedy says.

"They were being assholes... and I'm not friends with assholes." I say working back on my work.

"Yeah, but those assholes are like... popular." Maddie says.

"The only reason they're talking to me is because they hang out with Jalen. I don't want to get involved with any drama." I say.

They gasp again.

"You were with Jalen?" They yell.

The librarian shushes them.

They both sit down in front of me.

I just look at them confused.

"Jalen hasn't really hung out with a girl since Madison... until she cheated on him of course." Kennedy said.

"First of all, he was just showing me to my classes. I wouldn't call it a hang out." I say.

"Did y'all talk to each other?" Kennedy asks.

"Well........ yeah." I say.

"Then it was a hang out." Kennedy say.

"Do you know how popular you would be? You could be you could be a basketball wife." Maddie says.

"Would you guys stop? My goal is not to be popular it's to get my education and get a scholarship for sports. I don't need a boyfriend and don't care about one." I say working back on my work.

"Welp she's a fiesty one." Kennedy mumbles.