Chapter 4

Cassandra sat quietly, brushing her long hair. She tried to move it away from her face along with the support of a thin purple ribbon. As she brushed, she timidly listened to the giggles and laughs of the village girls. It was no surprise that Amber, Hildegard, and Clio were not amused.

Cass continued to listen, a little curious. She wanted to greet the two, but didn't exactly know how. Plus, she wasnt sure if Amber would like that.

Eventually the two came out looking ridiculous with pinecones adorning their hair. Cassandra stared wide eyed as the princesses whispered among themselves. She looked to Sofia, who ended up joining the two, not batting an eye to the glares of her classmates.

Cassandra stayed silent for most of the party. It wasnt that she wasnt having fun, but rather she didnt know what to do. She'd seen the princesses judge the village girls, and she wasnt exactly used to the loud voices of the two.

"E-Excuse me, Amber...?" She asked, putting down the fan which she painted with butterflies. Amber was, unsurprisingly, stressed out. Obviously mad with what the girls had painted.

Cassandra turned to Sofia who sat beside her, poking her arm not knowing how to grab her attention. "Uh, is the bathroom around here?"

"Oh, yeah, its down the hall." Sophia was quick to answer, immediately going back to somewhat scholding her two village friends.

As Cassandra walked down the halls, she sighed. Were sleepovers always that intense? She didnt even need to use the bathroom and just wanted a breath of fresh air.

"Cassy?"

She turned the other way, seeing a certain blone haired boy call out a nickname she never thought she'd hear. Her heart pounded.

With a small wave, James ran over to her excitedly. "So, what's up with the sleepover?" Cass stayed sileny for a bit. Its been a while since someone's asked her a question that was so direct, much more one she had to answer.

"Amber doesnt really like the two commoners--er, Sofia's friends." She hoped that she wasn't too insulting with her words. Then again, she couldnt blame herself. James simply sighed.

"Yeah, Amber's kinda judgemental..." James chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "I just kinda wish Sofia would be a lot more confident in her friends, you know?"

She didnt know. With her shyness and social awkwardness, it was hard to even make friends.

"H-hey James?" She spoke, her hands beginning to tremble. "C-Can I consider you my f-friend?" Her purple orbs looked the other way, embarrassed that she asked such a thing.

"I seriously thought we were already friends." When she looked back, James smiled at her. It wasnt his typical mischievous smile, but one that was rather sweet.

Her whole body went warm again, her cold fingertips returning to normal. However, her cheeks burned with a slight pink against her pale skin.

James decided to escort the girl back to the events of the slumber party, just in time for the magic show set up.

"Prince James!"
"Its really him!"

The two villagers, Ruby and Jade as she now knows, began to squeal at the sight of the prince. It was no surprise that he was so popular, but the excited screams of the two were a slight pain to the ears.

"Cassy watch out!"

She felt a pair of arms pull her aside right before the chocolate fountain had toppled over. The chocolate spilled all over the two, who continued to laugh and giggle. Amber was livid, especially with her night gown stained by a drop of chocolate.

Cassandra watched as Sofia told the two off with a frown, remembering what James had said. She began to pity the two girls for the discrimination they were receiving.

However when she turned back to James, she didnt realize how close they were. She was almost pressed up against his chest and his hands still held her arms. She slowly pulled away, turning her attention back to the slumber party with her cheeks continuing to burn.

Amber had decided to dance, and the others had agreed, even Sofia. As the princesses moved across the room, Cassandra simply swayed along. She was too shy to dance but didnt want to be left out.

She began to notice the lack of activity from the village girls, who were sitting by the side looking bored. She slowly approached. She inhaled, wanting to take a shot at this whole 'friends' thing.

"A-are you two not g-gonna dance?" She asked with a smile. Ruby groaned and stretched. "Its too boring..." She paused, not knowing what to say next. Thankfully, Ruby continued to speak.

"Sofia told us to not mess around anymore." She examined their faces and both seemed very upset about it. "W-well, I'm sure Sofia didnt mean to offend you two..." They looked at each other and just shrugged.

Their eyes suddenly lit up and they smiled. Cass blinked in confusion before turning around, seeing the same prince she's been seeing

"James? What are you--"

He bowed.

"Would M'lady like to dance?"

Her face burned up once more, the pounding in her chest becoming stronger and stronger. With a timid expression, she took his hand and he led them to the dance floor with the other four princesses.

Cassandra of course knew how to dance, but wasnt exactly confident. Her steps were small and quiet, and she constantly faced the floor. However, James was proudly taking bigger steps that made it difficult for the shy Cassandra.

She began to do bigger, more confident steps, matching those of James until they were in perfect harmony. She blushed at the fact that they were now as close as they were when he saved her from the chocolate, and blushed even more now that his arms were wrapped around her. She looked up at him, and he gave her another sweet smile.

This definitely was a perfect slumber party.

((A/N: WOW this was pretty long! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! I had fun working on it!!))