Side Story - Fiorello

"This is the cloth to be used when polishing the silverware."

The man picked up a silky white cloth, rubbing a spoon in between his clothed fingers until everything seemed to reflect on its surface.

The child stared in amazement, his father continuing to show how every utensil was to be cleaned. His purple eyes watched with wonder, yet he was also anxious that one day, he would be doing this every single day.

"Mister Fabian, the King and the Prince will be down soon." A maid knocked on the door lightly, bowing to the man who smiled in thanks. He looked back to the child, barely 13 years old.

"Do you wan't to stay and watch us, Fior?" The man asked and the child nodded in intrigue. He tilted his head, seeing as the table only had two sets of plates prepared.

"What about the Queen and the Princess?" He asked in a meek tone. His father pat his head. "You won't be meeting them today, sadly."

----------

"Fabian, the steak is quite well done today. Good job." The King smiled to Fabian who was bowing to acknowledge the thanks. Fiorello on the other hand was watching the prince who was only a few years younger than him. Just like his father, the prince definitelt enjoyed the food. Fior straightened his back and smiled wider, feeling accomplished for his own dad.

The King's eyes glanced to Fiorello, causing him to straighten his back and freeze in position. He chuckled.

"This is the one, Fabian?" The King smiled kindly and Fabian nodded. "Introduce yourself, please."

The prince's eyes moved from his plate to the other young boy in the room. Fior felt his sweat running down his face, but lightened his expression just as his father always would. With a bow, he spoke.

"Fiorello, Your Majesty. I am the son of Fabian."

The King gave a delighted chuckle before turning to Fabian once again. "He definitely has your flair."

The two men began to chatter about what they usually did in the morning; the latest rumors and news, any meetings today, etc. The two sons on the other hand exchanged glances awkwardly as they knew they would have the same relationship in the future.

Eventually, the prince gave a small smile and wave, causing Fior to slightly jump. With a gulp, he smiled back.

((A/N : Don't forget to wash your hands!!

Since quarrantine, we had to sort some stuff up here at home, which is why I couldn't update as I normally could. However, I don't plan on stopping this book any time soon^^))