Chapter 12

((Photo is Cassandra's flying derby outfit!!! She's so pretty!!"))

Cassandra opened her eyes. Her head hurt a lot.

"You alright?"

Hugo's voice snapped her back to reality. She blinked a few times to fix her slightly blurry vision, before seeing the prince sit by her bed.

"H-Hugo...?" Cassandra's meek voice followed right after. "What happened?"

"You fell out of your horse." Hugo moved closer, as if trying to comfort her in some way. However, Cassandra only panicked even more. She glanced down at her gloves, gulping at the sight of the black marks still by the rim of her gloves.

She quickly dug her hands into the blanket. It at least seemed like Hugo didn't notice.

Speaking of Hugo, he smiled at her. It was a strange change of pace with how proud he was earlier. Did he save her from the fall?

She turned to her side, seeing the cake she left for James. "Hey, Hugo..."

Cassandra reached out to the cake before gently laying it on Hugo's lap. She didn't really know why she was giving this to him.

Cassandra wanted to thank Hugo, but a part of her admitted it was because she was too shy to give it to James. She didn't know why, but she just was.

"Thanks for saving me."

Hugo blinked for a bit before taking the cake into his hands and nodding in thanks. "No problem, Cassy."

Cassandra turned red. Did he just call her Cassy?

Hugo chuckled seeing her reaction. "You not comfortable with it? I think it's kinda cute!" Cassandra turned even redder.

As Cass stuggled to find a response, Hugo stood up and waved before heading out the door.

----

James pranced back and forth. Sofia pat his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"I should've gone slower..." The prince muttered, looking down the hall with a frown. "I'm gonna check on her."

Just as he stood up to visit the informary, Hugo entered the room holding the wrapped cake in his hands. James immediately walked up to him.

"How is she?"

His voice was full of concern.

"She's alright, but she went back to sleep." The prince sat down and laid the cake on the table. "Its a good thing you caught her, James."

Hugo said and unfolded the cloth which revealed the small chocolate cake. James raised an eyebrow.

"Where'd that come from?"

Hugo pointed to the cake before James nodded in affirmation. He smiled as he chewed.

"From Cassandra."

James frowned, turning to the canon keychain which he attached to his school bag.

It wasn't that he was jealous or anything, but why Hugo of all people? Of course, there was definitely a greater reason behind it, just not an obvious one. Even then, James felt slightly sad. Plus, it looked like a delicious cake.

The worried chatter of the students turned into empty silence when the doors opened once more and a man stepped into the hall.

His purple eyes scanmed the room, obviously just as worried as every one else. Behind him, a silver haired man hid his worry behind a small smile.

Despite the difference in appearance and aura these two had, the purple crest on each of their clothes was enough to signify they were here for Cassandra.

"Prince Marlon, Cassandra is alright. She's currently asleep, but I'm sure you'd like to take her home." Miss Flora said, trying to comfort the older prince by patting his shoulder.

Marlon sighed and nodded to Fiorello. "Thank you, Miss Flora."

Without another extra word or glance to the students behind him, Marlon and Fiorello headed straight to the infirmary before leaving the school premises with a silent Cassandra.