Chapter 15

James smiled, looking down at the letter which Cassandra had given him. He recalled how she hugged back when he was worried sick, but now that he thought about it, he probably shouldn't have put her on the spot like that. He chuckled at the memory, still holding the letter in his arms.

"Psst, James!" Amber snapped him back to reality, rolling her eyes. "Ugh, were you even listening?"

James blinked a few times. "Uh--oh--what?" He laughed nervously, quickly tucking the invitation into his pocket.

Amber had two tiaras, one in each hand, slowly taking turns bringing one up to her forehead. "Which do you think would look better during the coronation? The pink crystals with pearls? Maybe the blue gems with a silver lining?"

Sofia giggled, entering the room and resting a hand on James' shoulder. "You'd look lovely in either, Amber."

"Yeah, what Sofia said." The prince laughed, not exactly sure how he should approach the situation. Amber rolled her eyes once again, heading off to the closet. "Maybe I should pick out a gown first!" She said as her voice trailed off.

"Something on your mind, James?"

Sofia asked with a smile, looking to her brother who's cheeks were getting pink.

"N-nothing." He stuttered, smiling in hopes that Sofia wouldn't suspect anything from him. To his dismay, she sat beside him with a bit of a grin.

"It's about Cassandra, isn't it?"

His face fumed. He cleared his throat, not sure how to deny it. "I've just been thinking about her brother's coronation, that's all." James  smiled in confidence despite his face being all red. Sofia wasn't an idiot, either.

"Oh come on, James." Sofia laughed a bit. "You can't hide it at this point."

James stayed silent. "...Hide what?" He crossed his arms, not giving in so easily.

"You like her."

He cleared his throat again, his eyes turning to the floor in embarrassment. "...Was it that obvious?" He chuckled nervously, afraid that the entire world would find out about his crush.

"I KNEW IT!" Amber came dashing out of the dressing room, a few different dresses in her arms as she squealed. "Oh James, you can't hide it from your sisters~" The princess put the dresses down, sitting right beside James with a look of excitement.

She gasped, tugging on James by his sleeve. "If its really true, you need to look your very best!" James opened his mouth to oppose to the idea, but Amber already got up.

"Oh Baileywick?~" She called out. "Pick out the finest suits for little James here~" She clapped her hands in excitement as James sighed.

"Amber, I just really do want to--"

"--We should fix your hair~"

She chimes in before James can finish his sentence. Sofia nodded in agreement, and the two sisters excitedly grabbed the comb and other hair dressing materials.

"GUYS WAIT!"

James yelled out, causing the two to stop in their tracks. He sat down in front of the mirror, a small smile formed on his lips.

"I want to confess to her on the day of the coronation, after the ball dance." His chest felt warm just thinking about it as he turned to his two sisters.

"Make sure I look my best."