Chapter 22

James lay down on his bed, looking up at the ceiling of his tall bed frame. He didn't even hear Amber enter room, nor her heavy sigh as she sat beside him.

"Is it still her?"

"Hm?"

Amber sighed once more, this time a bit heavier. "Cassandra. Are you still thinking about her?"

James didn't respond. He knew he didn't really need to. He felt the bed sink by the side before rising back up as Amber got up from the bed. She walked a few steps before the room had nothing but silence. The silence was eventually broken by James as he shrieked.

"AMBER, HEY!"

He yelped in pain as he was yanked to his feet by his twin sister. He looked at her, puzzled, before waiting for her to speak.

"Are you going to mope around all day?" Amber asked, agitated. "That won't do anything, you know?"

"Am I not allowed to?"

James groaned, sitting back down on the bed before eventually laying on his back. Once again, Amber pulled him back up, earning another groan in pain from her brother.

"Ugh, must I say this myself?" Amber rolled her eyes as James blinked in confusion.

"James, who cares about that engagement? You love her, don't you? Why don't you just go and get her?" Amber practically yelled at him. James opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off as Amber pressed her finger against his lips, keeping his mouth shut.

"You wan't to be a knight, right? Aren't knights noble and romantic? Be her knight in shining armor! Be her Lancelot to your Guinevere!"

James sighed. "...That's just some story stuff, Amber. Code of Chivalry says to not fight for love."

"Lancelot fought for her honor regardless!"

"They ruined Camelot, didn't they?" James raised an eyebrow, sitting down by the bedside with a sigh. At this point, Amber was having more than enough of her brother moping all day.

"I know I failed my analogies right now, but you get my point! One day, you could regret not standing up for whatever love you two have for each other!"

Amber crossed her arms and James looked up at her.

"...Does she even like me back?"

A loud smack as heard as Amber facepalmed herself. She couldn't believe James was finding whatever excuse to not do what his heart desired.

"James, brother, she blushes everytime she's near you, she stares at you sometimes, and you're the one who makes her smile the most. How are any of those not signs?"

James stayed quiet. He knew he lost this argument. Amber smiled to herself.

"See? Nothing should hold you back!"

She sat down beside James, patting his shoulder gently as her voice quieted down to a calmer tone. "James, don't let this one pass. All those stories of love and nobility might just be stories, but that doesn't mean they can't be reality. I want you to go out there, profess your love to her, and live your happily ever after!"

James smiled, looking back at Amber kindly. "Thanks, Amber. I don't know what I would do without you."

Amber laughed, getting up as Sofia entered the room, a newly prepared suit in her arms.

"You got in the mood?" Sofia giggled, setting the suit down on the bed as James stared wide-eyed at it.

"Woah woah woah, what's this get up for?"

"The confession."

Sofia responded with another smile. "This will be the ultimate confession, right? Amber and I infused it with good luck so nothing will come between the confession this time!"

"You guys are the best." James laughed, looking at the suit he would wear the next day.

Sofia sat by his other side and Amber inched closer. The three began whispering a 'Plan Of Romantic Attack' for how James would confess to her. Afterwards, the giggled to themselves, excited to see how the plan would work out the next day.