Why so early

It's typical chilly weather in London — the sky is grey, the trees are covered with a tiny bit of snow and the wind often brings more snowflakes, painting the windows with a vivid white.

Tom shifts in bed slowly, feeling his limbs waking up before his own eyes can even think about snapping open. Although, the light from the sunrise annoys his eyelids and somehow spurs him to wake up completely. He brings lazy hand from under the heavy blankets to rub the sleep off his eye, yawning softly as he turns his body to the other side.

When Tom's sight is clear, he instantly spots Y/N sleeping peacefully, like he hasn't been moving unstoppably for a good while. Her face is serene and her body looks so small covered by all the blankets — such a view he'd never thought he would get addicted to so fast. And just like that, he observes her attentively.

Her hair colours the white pillow, falling a little bit to the side of her forehead. Her cheeks are a little bit swollen, which makes him smile unconsciously, because he knows she'll be shy about it and it only makes Tom squish her even more.

Y/N's eyes suddenly start moving, still closed, but threatening to open at any time. Tom's instant reaction is to close his and pretend that he's been asleep this entire time. When he feels her body just inching slightly, he peeks discreetly through one eye and notices that she was just adjusting herself. Automatically, he goes back to glance at her once more. God, he could do this all day. Her nose adorns her features just perfectly and Tom doesn't even have to check: he surely knows the tip is cold just like the apples of her cheeks.

When she stirs again, he prompts his eyes shut immediately and even dares to take a deep breath, faking a heavy nap like hers. And when Y/N settles down, there goes Tom. This time, he focuses on her lips.

They're plump and kinda swollen too, looking so kissable it hurts. It's such a pity, he thinks, because she'd make sure they both brush their teeth before anything can happen — because sharing morning breaths is something that not even love can stand. It just takes a while.

This time, when Y/N only keeps on rolling her closed eyes, Tom doesn't stop. He analyses her beautiful chin – lightly puffed and begging for a peck, going up to her forehead – where her hairline cascades into the strands he loves to caress and smell so much, and then ending just simply watching the way her frame moves as she breathes. Keeping that in mind, Tom admires her features all over again until the point where her eyelashes start to separate, eyes ready to open and there goes Tom, faking sleep again.

"Why are you up so early?" Y/N mumbles lowly, her lips can barely open properly.

"I'm not up!" Promptly, Tom answers with eyes squinted closed.

She chuckles under her breath, body totally numb but always ready to laugh at Tom's cuteness. Stupidly cute.

"If you're not up then who was watching me?"

"How would I know? I'm–" Tom forces himself another yawn, stretching his legs and pulling one of them on top of hers gently, cuddling like a puppy. "I'm sleeping."

"Oh, you're sleeping? Then who's talking to me right now?"

As scripted, Tom opens his eyes and catches Y/N already staring back at him. Her puffy eyes are shining, pretty sweet face admiring him as she waits for a coherent answer. Tom, instead, presses his lips together and smiles to himself, shaking his head before looking back and Y/N with his bright chocolate eyes, lovely as ever.

"I didn't plan this through, did I?"