Honesty

"So, Study date?" I asked, shutting my locker over and smiling towards Peter, who blushed and nodded as he mirrored the action on his own locker. 

"Yeah-I'll come pick you up at 6?" He asked, scratching the back of his head before I nodded, 

"You promise this time?" I asked. My voice softened, and my eyes became a bit sadder, peter and I had only been together a couple of months, but now he had begun to forget more and more dates, and he had begun to walk out more often to go "help Aunt May". His eyes widened and softened, 

"I swear, I swear this time (y/n)-" He leaned towards me as if he was going to kiss me before his eyes caught the clock and he shot me an apologetic glance, "Mr. Stark-" 

"Will kill you if you're late I know Pete..." He began to run off, leaving me stood there wondering why the sweet boy had yet to kiss me, why he always ran off.

***

6 pm. No sign of him. No replies. No nothing.

7 pm. No sign of him. No open messages.

8 pm. Sat alone on my bed. Tears running down my face. Wondering where my boyfriend was.

I never normally got upset, I normally could suspend my disbelief, but when he finally started to message me again it was all the same "Something came up-but I can't explain, trust me.", it was the same "I'm sorry". It was the same, "I'll never do this again."

Going to school the next day I didn't talk to him when I saw him, he looked over to me with a bright smile, "Hey (y/n)- I'm sorry-(y/n)?!" He called as I walked off without an explanation, my usually warm and loving demeanor gone. I walked into class, and he walked in looking at me with wide worried eyes. "Did something happen last night?" He asked, sliding onto his stool. 

"You never came." I said back lowly, "You left me hanging for two hours.". He looked down, 

"Look, I wish I could explain but I can't and I need you to trust me-" 

"I needed you to be there! I needed my boyfriend to help me with my homework, I needed my boyfriend to show up and stay, and maybe care about me for an hour Peter." I said back, my eyes watering and stinging. 

"(y/n) I swear I'll have time tonight-" He tried to take my hand, which I pulled back, 

"You'll have plenty of time." I said lip quivering, "time for your stupid internship, time for Mr. Stark because you won't be with me." I said, he got up out of his seat, standing close to me, 

"(y/n) please don't-"

"Why did you even ask me out?" I asked him, pushing his chest back from me, 

"It's because I-" He started biting his lip as I cut him off, 

"It was good in the beginning, but I can tell you don't care anymore, so, please just leave me alone instead of playing with my heart anymore." He let out a broken sigh and left the classroom, leaving me with my head in my hands.

***

I didn't sleep that night, or at least I didn't try. Crying keeping me up. 

"uh-excuse me?" I heard a muffled voice from my window, going to it and seeing spider-man hanging there. 

"Spider-man?" I asked and he nodded, 

"the one and only, can I come in (y-Miss?" He asked, cocking his head to the side, I nodded and looked at him in a confused expression, 

"do you visit teenagers often this late?" I asked, my voice was dry, 

"I heard crying, and you know, it's my job to make sure everyone in queens is okay-" 

"I broke up with my boyfriend." I nodded, looking down, 

"Oh, I-I see...Wh-Why did you do that?" He asked, sitting up on the edge of my desk as I sat back down on my bed. 

"He didn't have time for me, I don't think he really wanted to be with me anyway-" 

"He did." Spider-Man's voice was sharp, it broke while he spoke.

The hero stood up and pulled off his mask. "I love you." He told me. Peter. 

"I've gone insane-" I put my head into my hands, 

"(y/n), this is why I've been running out with no reason. I'm Spider-Man." Peter got closer, kneeling in front of me. Making me look down at him. "I know I have been a shitty boyfriend-"

I cut him off, by smashing my lips to his.

"I love you too."

He pulled back and smiled at me, "So, I'm forgiven, for running off with no explanation?"

"Who would have thought? All I needed was honesty." I laughed.