God of London - Part 6

Tom and Y/N sat opposite of one another at the table, twirling the fork around the spaghetti on their plate and cramming it into their mouths. "Oh." He simply stated, swallowing as he placed his fork down on the table. Y/N wiped the corner of her mouth and nodded, leaning on her intertwined fingers. "Mum and Dad asked me if you wanted to have dinner with them tomorrow."

She raised a brow and sipped carefully from her wine glass. "Really?"

"Of course. They miss you, you know. Paddy misses you." Y/N smiled, looking down at her plate for a second.

"Sure. What time am I expected to be there?"

"I'll pick you up at six." She nodded and sighed before digging her fork into her food. "Y/N?"

She looked up and hummed softly before averting her eyes away from him. "Are you-... are you okay?" Tom asked, eyebrows furrowed. They both stopped eating and suddenly the atmosphere seemed dull almost.

"Yeah." She simply stated, placing her fork next to her plate. He shook his head and placed a hand over hers.

"Y/N, darling, I know when you're upset. You can tell me anything, you know." He smiled slightly, his dimples barely showing. She looked up in guilt and locked eyes with his brown ones.

"I just... I'm thinking about everything. George, the argument we had, the card, the threat." She threw her head into her hands and let out a groan. "I'm just so tired of it all. Sometimes I wish that I had nothing to do with this Goddamn mafia business."

"Love, every mobster goes through this stage-"

"Yeah, but do they get threats and do they have to kill their partners, hm? Or do mobsters get threatened that if they don't kill their partner, they'll eventually lose everyone they love?"

"What are you talking about?" Tom's eyes darted to each feature on her face to check if she was lying to him. "Y/N, don't ignore me."

"George threatened me and told me that if I don't kill you, I'll lose someone that means a lot to me. What if Harrison gets killed? Or my other family members?" Her eyes began to water and Tom's face changed from confusion to sorrow.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, darling?"

"Because I didn't think that he actually meant it. But now that we're getting more evidence, I'm starting to believe it. And for once in my lifetime I am afraid, I'm so fucking afraid Tom. Someone I love could be killed and it will be because of me."

"Baby, come here." He pushed his chair away from the table and patted his lap. She walked around the table and planted herself on his lap before resting her head on his shoulder and letting out sobs. "This isn't your fault." He reassured her, rubbing her back. "We don't know for sure that it's George. It could be one of his other men. We both know how powerful he is and he will do anything to knock us down from the leader-board."

"How are we going to figure out who it could be?" She asked, moving away from his chest before looking into his eyes.

"I have plenty of information stored." He smirked.

***

Once again, Tom and Y/N were in his office. It seemed fresher and more organized than what it used to be. There were no more shards of glass scattered around the floor or blood splatters on the wall.

He took a seat at his desk and began typing on his computer. She walked around the other side of the desk and sat on his lap again. Tom unlocked his computer and files and files of information were revealed before her own two eyes.