(D) anger

[Y/N] had never been the jealous type until she started dating Tom. Any of the other boys she had dated, she never minded if they hung out with their girl friends. Because she'd hang out with her guy friends and not think anything of it. But, when she saw Tom with other girls, it made her blood boil and her body becoming a home to the ugly green monster.

It would cause fights. The kind of fights where glass would be shattering and tables would be flipped over. It was a toxic kind of relationship. But it was so toxic that they didn't even realize that it was slowly killing both of them inside. No one other than the two of them knew about their ugly fights. Tom never told Harrison and [Y/N] never told [Best Friend]. It was a terrible secret the two of them kept because neither of them wanted to admit that they could get so hateful.

So, here they were. In the middle of [Y/N]'s living room, with the coffee table splintering from the day's fight over Tom flirting with a random girl during an interview. [Y/N] could have broken her phone in two when she watched the clip of him touching her shoulder and hugging her throughout the short thirty seconds.

"I swear you are the only person who brings this side of me out." Tom growled, he was heated. Never would he ever deliberately try to hurt or upset [Y/N] in any way when he wasn't with her. It was who he was. He was a friendly guy with a loving side. Everything he did was absolutely unintentional.

"What a shame," she spat. "Then maybe these girls wouldn't throw themselves at you if they knew how you can get."

"Bloody fucking hell, [Y/N]." Tom raked both his hands through his hair, "You're pissed all to hell because of me hugging someone. Do you not hear yourself?" Squinting his eyes, his voice got deeper as the anger fueled his words. "Do you not hear how ridiculous you sound? You're on a whole different level when it comes to being a jealous girlfriend."

[Y/N] was fuming, stepping over the broken coffee table, she poked his chest, hard. "And how the hell would you feel if I was hugging and touching up on a random guy, Tom? You'd be pissed too." Firmly grabbing her shoulders, he gently put space in between them. Tom would never lay a hand on her but he didn't want risk her going into a blind rage. They had both seen each other's demons when the anger consumed their thoughts and it wasn't a pretty sight.

"Yeah, I'd be pissed but here's the key, [Y/N]." Tom gritted his teeth, "You get over it."

"Get over it, you say?" [Y/N] scoffed, "Can we go back to last month when you punched a hole in my wall because I was getting too friendly with [random name]?" Scoffing again, her jaw tightened. "You call me ridiculous but have you ever stopped to listen to your own words?" Stepping over a broken vase, she pointed to a patch of her wall that hadn't been painted over. "Because that really seems like a 'get over it'."

Tom closed his eyes and counted to ten. He couldn't do this anymore. Just like [Y/N], he had never been a jealous person. She was right. He was being hypocritical because their fights hadn't always been her fault. Tom was to blame too. "I can't do this with you anymore, [Y/N]." Biting his lip, he opened his eyes. "It's been three years of nonstop fighting and it's getting out of hand. How many times can we keep buying the same coffee table over and over again before we realize that we're the problem?"

[Y/N]'s jaw clenched.

"This whole angry side of me is not who I am and it's not who you are. Instead of bringing out the best we bring out the worst." Sighing, he tried to calm down his blood pressure. "Anger is one letter short from being danger and if we keep going down this road, it's going to end very badly. I think you know that."

"So what? We just act like we never knew each other?" Her entire body was shaking, "That we didn't spend the last three years together? Make up some lie on why we decided to break up?"

"I don't know, [Y/N]. All I do know is that we can't do this. We can't be together."

Pointing towards him, she growled. "Careful what you say, Tom. Because once they're said, there's no going back."

Nodding, he picked up his jacket. Looking around the room, he shook his head. "No matter what I do, I won't be able to look at you and pretend to feel nothing. I do love you, [Y/N]. It's just...." Running a hand over his face, "We're not good for each other. We never were. You literally bring out the worst in me and I know I bring it out in you too." Turning towards the door, "And then I think that maybe I'm designed to be alone because I can never keep a relationship alive. It falls apart. This is the first one that has fallen apart due to jealousy. But who's to say I won't cause another one to die because of the same thing?"

[Y/N] took a deep breath, trying to level out her trembling. "Get out."