falling all in you

YOU STOOD AT THE STOVE IN YOUR KITCHEN, listening to the sounds of your two kids playing in the living room. just as you were about to call the two to come to their places at the table, the front door opened.

"Daddy!" your little girl said happily, watching as tom's face lit up with a smile. your two kids immediately rushed over to him, arms wide open. tom let out a chuckle, squishing their little bodies in his arms softly, his heart soaring as he heard their giggles.

"Ella," he said to your daughter, reaching behind him and grabbing the flowers he had stopped to get on his way home," go give these to mommy, okay?"

she nodded quickly, a grin on her face before she took off towards the kitchen where you were fixing the two kids' plates. you watched your daughter bounce into the room, holding out the flowers for you to take.

"daddy said these were for you."

you looked behind her as tom walked into the kitchen, a smile on his face. you smiled too, taking the white and red roses from her hand and smelling them.

"thank you, hunny," you said and she smiled before going off to continue playing. meanwhile, tom made his way towards you, immediately pulling you into his arms.

"you didn't have to get me flowers, y' know," you said, his forehead pressing against yours as he brushed a piece of hair out of your face.

"Just think of it as a gift for putting up with my night shifts for the past week and a half," he said, making you let out a small laugh before leaning forward and closing the gap between you two.

after a few seconds, you both pulled away, tom kissing your cheek before making his way over the stove," smells delicious, love. anything I can help with?"

you shook your head,"Nope, don't think so."

he nodded before taking one of the cooled down pots off the stove and putting them on the table. after everything was set, you called your kids into the dining room.

dinner consisted of a light conversation between you and tom, Ella and Connor cutting in eventually to ask tom about his job and what cool stuff he had seen that day.

after dinner, the kids went off to play for a bit and tom went upstairs to change. you went upstairs shortly after him, feet padding against the carpeted stairs. you opened the door to your bedroom to see him in a pair of grey sweats and an old sweatshirt. you smiled before walking up behind him and wrapping your arms around his torso.

he relaxed into your touch before turning around to face you, "hi, darling."

you smiled up at him, "hi."

you found yourself getting lost in your thoughts, thinking about how grateful you were to have such a loving, supportive husband and to have two, amazing kids. you were happy with life, happy with the life you chose to spend with tom.

you felt a small tear roll down your cheek, making tom's heart stop for a quick second, "hun, what's wrong? why are you crying, love?"

you shook your head, telling him not to worry, "I'm fine, I promise, I'm fine, they're just happy tears, that's all."

he looked down at you and smiled, "happy tears?"

you nodded, "I just got to thinking what a great life I have with you and the kids and I truly couldn't be anymore thankful. I love you."

by now you were still letting the tears fall, making him pull you into his chest. he kissed the top of your head and rubbed your back. you were all he's ever wanted, and now that he has you, he doesn't plan on letting go anytime soon.

"why's mommy crying?" you heard the little girl's voice from the doorway. you and tom both pulled apart to see your two kids standing at the doorway.

"mommy's not crying because she's sad, darling," Tom said, walking over to the confused, almost upset looking kids, "mommy's crying because she's happy and she loves us very much."

you smiled from where you were standing before the little girl bounced over to you, her arms open. you chuckled, picking her up before she wrapped her arms around your neck, giving you a squeeze.

"I love you, mommy," she said, her voice muffled slightly by your shirt. you kissed the top of your head as tom picked up your son, a smile on his face as he watched you.

"I love you too, munchkin, so much."