Don't say you love me

The night is taking over New York quickly, but for Y/N, it feels like ages.

His room is just how like she thought it would be: a little bit messy, socks were thrown all over a corner — he might've smelled the dirty ones and tossed them away, in search of a clean one — and his bed is just slightly disarranged. Probably because he's so energetic during the day, so his sleep might be heavy.

Y/N can't even think about sitting down, arms crossed as she walks from side to side. As she looks down at the floor, she starts to review her whole speech, all the things she needs to say today.

Outside, Peter climbs his way to his window. Hand after hand, foot after foot, he manages to hold himself against the building to remove his mask. It's so good to feel the fresh wind relieving his face, hair getting even wilder and mind thinking about nothing more than taking a shower. Delicately, he inches his body closer to see if his aunt is around, so like that he might play some tricks on her. But instead, he spots Y/N wandering around with her thumb stuck between her lips, worried face as she sighs. When she turns around to walk to the other side, Peter promptly shifts and glues his back to the wall the best he can, ignoring his backpack standing in the middle.

With blown eyes, Peter tries to avoid noticing the height and breathes deeply. What the heck is Y/N doing here?

While he's wondering to himself, Y/N comes closer to see if she just actually saw someone or something, or if that was her stressed mind joking with her sanity. She's quick to peek, not minding to open the window or calling May, and then going back to plan her words.

Peter climbs all the way down and enjoys the moment when the street gets emptier, pulling from his backpack the blue hoodie from school and sweatpants. He rapidly wears them and tucks his mask on the front pocket of the hoodie, trailing his way to the building.

"Hey May, I'm home from my study routine with Ned!" Peter announces loudly as he walks past the door, spitting the excuse he's planned just for Y/N to listen.

Y/N in his room fixes her t-shirt and runs a hand through her hair, blinking twice to vanish away any signs that she's been about to cry a few seconds ago. Peter's footsteps come closer and, as he walks, he feels the hairs on his arm tilting up against his tight suit. Something's not right. He ignores and goes away with whatever it'll be, knowing that if he gets nervous it'll be worse. Wearing his best smile, Peter pushes the door to his bedroom gently as his other hand holds his wrecked backpack — zippers open and things nearly popping out.

"Y/N?" Peter squeaks, stepping inside. "What a nice surprise!"

The curly-haired boy places his stuff on the floor and drinks Y/N in with his chocolate eyes. She's wearing her signature t-shirt and her comfiest pair of trousers, looking simply gorgeous with her hair all tossed to the side. He could admire her more if the look on her face was only softer, but the deep frown in between her eyebrows calls him back to reality.

"Pete, can we talk?" She immediately asks, feeling her heart throbbing faster and Peter feels his entire body chilling. "Well, finish that talk I tried to have with you on Tuesday. And Thursday too..."

The two days when he had to slip out as soon as Y/N turned her back to him, attending to his tingle warning him that something was going on — just like it's happening right now. Peter feels a knot forming in his throat and grabs the straps of his hoodie cap, giving them an assertive pull just to cover the top of his suit discreetly.

"Sure," He nods, placing both hands on his waist to pretend that he was sure of himself. "Can I get you anything?" Peter points to his slightly–opened door. "Water? Muffins? I think May baked some earlier t—"