Dragon Pit

When they arrived at Dragonstone, there were people in the beach as usual. Tyrion was there and he went to meet Joanna as soon as she set foot on the beach. She hugged him when she saw him. He hugged her back, they thought that they would never see each other again. After separating from the hug, Tyrion said, "I'd rather have an alive sister, than a brave one, you know." "I'm here, am I not?" Joanna said. "After..." Tyrion said waiting for her to continue. "Fighting a dead polar bear, the army of the dead and jumping in a frozen lake. Anyway, circunstances." Joanna said. "Why is it that there always have to be circunstances when you're out there?" Tyrion asked. "Well, I have no idea, I'm not responsible for any of those." Joanna said with a small giggle.
In a few days time, they were already at KingsLanding, taking the road to the Dragon pit. "Why did they built it?" Missandei asked. "Dragons don't understand the difference between what are bears and what is land, livestock, children. Letting them roam free around the city was a problem." Jorah explained. "I imagine it was a sad joke at the end. An entire arena with a few sickily creatures smaller than dogs. But in the begining it was home to Balerion, the Dread." Tyrion said. "And to Vhagar and Meraxes." Joanna said. It was her favourite story of dragons. "It must have been the most dangerous place in the world." Tyrion said. "Maybe it still is." Davos said, when they saw the Lannister soldiers aproaching with Bronn. Joanna spotted Brienne and Podrick and she could not believe it. They were there. It was like a dream and it made her realized that, after what she had just seen beyond the Wall, it could all disapear in a second. That could not happened. However, there and then, they were just walking to meet her. She smiled surprised. "Welcome, my lords. Your friends arrived before you did. I've been sent to escort you all to the meeting." Bronn said and then the soldiers opened the way. Tyrion nodded for the Dothraki to go first and they did. Then they all started to follow them and Joanna and Pod went to each other side and she kissed him deeply and he kissed her back. The kiss was pationately and it felt like coming home for both of them, eventhough they knew that they were being watched. Joanna did not care who watch it though, she had almost died, she thought that she would never see him again, in a second it could all go down. The time was few and other people's opinions did not matter. And Pod had not heard from her and he had not known if she would ever come back, it could all go down in a moment, a war was coming.
Then, after the kiss, they looked at each other smiling and she hugged him tightly and he did the same to her. "I missed you so much..." Joanna whispered to him. "I missed you too... so much..." Pod said to her in the same level of voice. They might not mind who saw them, still other people did not have to know what they said to each other. "Uh-ehm. I don't want to interupt, but we have a meeting to attend to." Tyrion said a bit awkwardly looking down. They separated from the hug and looked at him. "A pleasant surprise in an unpleasant situation." Tyrion said to Pod. "I've never thought I'd seen you again, my lord." Pod said. "Supporting the enemy no less." Tyrion said. "Hard to blame you." Pod said. "Cersei will anyway." Tyrion said. "I'm glad you're alive." Pod said. "Come on, you three can have your reunion later." Bronn said and they went with them. Joanna took Podrick's hand and they followed the rest. In few time, they were at the front of the party, Joanna told Brienne that she would be right back and she nodded saying for her to take her time.
"Here we are, the heroes of Blackwater Bay. Strange place for a reunion." Tyrion said. "It is, my lord." Pod said. "I don't think I'm anyone's lord anymore, Podrick. Save the titles for Ser Bronn of the Blackwater." Tyrion said. "You forgot the fucking in the middle." Joanna said. "Allright, I deserved that one. I'm sure your new Queen will be happy to restore yours, if she ends up on the throne." Bronn said. "Been thinking about our new Queen? Perhaps, you're reconsidering your allegiances. Remember my offer, whatever they're paying you, I'll pay double." Tyrion said. "And that would be the double of what now exactly?" Varys asked. "Don't you worry about me, I'm doing allright. Looking after myself." Bronn said. "Are you? Helping me arrange this meeting wasn't exactly looking after yourself, was it? You put yourself at risk." Tyrion said. "I put yourselves at risk. Important difference, it's your heads Queen Cersei has offered a bag of gold for, not mine. Now, thanks to me she's got two traitors heads coming right through her door, she can lock them both off, as soon as she get tired of clever words, and pour out their files. All thanks to Ser Bronn of the fucking Blackwater. If that's not looking after myself, I don't know what it is." Bronn said. "It's good to see you again." Tyrion said. "Yeah, you too." Bronn said. "Sorry to interupt your reunion, but, Bronn, if Cersei does anything to us, I'll kill you myself. Better looking after yourself now." Joanna said. "I will, Lannister. Don't worry." Bronn said. Pod was looking at her smiling and she looked at him and smiled too. Then they finally arrived at the arena.
Everyone took their places and Pod and Bronn went away, but first Pod and Joanna kissed again and she said, "See you later, allright?" "Allright, see you." Pod said and then went away.
Then Joanna joined Brienne. "Hey, sorry for not coming sooner, but..." Joanna said. "Don't worry, you've been fighting for a year, I'm glad for you both." Brienne said. "It's good to see you again." Joanna said giving her a hug. "You too. I'm glad you came back." Brienne said after separating from the hug. "I promised, didn't I? Sansa and Arya, how are they?" Joanna asked. "They're good. They're both home. Bran is too. Arya fights as good as you and me, if not better." Brienne said. "Good. That's great, I'm happy for them." Joanna said. "And you? What happened?" Brienne asked. "Well, I defeated a Dothraki in single combat. Fought the army of the dead and a dead polar bear. And also jumped into a frozen lake to save him." Joanna said pointing at Jon in the end. "You can't stay out of trouble, can you?" Brienne asked. "You know, I can't." Joanna said smiling. "Unfortunately, I do." Brienne said. "Can I come back with you and Pod to Winterfell?" Joanna asked. "Sure." Brienne said. "Great." Joanna said. "Look, they're coming." Brienne said looking at the entry. "I hope this goes well." Joanna said. Then Cersei, Jaime, the Mountain and Euron Greyjoy entered the pit and took their sits. Cersei looked at Joanna with a defying look. Joanna ingnored it, still, she looks different, Joanna thought. Jaime just looked at his little sister a bit confused and surprised and Joanna gave him a small smile. The tension was high before and it just intensified as Cersei entered. They all sit. The Hound went to The Mountain and confronted it. It isn't really the good time for this, Clegane, Joanna thought. Then The Hound went inside because of the wight. They had a plan and Joanna was a bit scared by it.
"Where is she?" Cersei asked. "She'll be here soon." Tyrion said. "She didn't travel with you." Cersei said. "No." Tyrion said and Joanna thought a little amused, She's pissed.
Then they heard a sound, Joanna knew what it was. Dragons. They all stood and Daenerys came from the sky with Drogon and Raeghal. She landed Drogon and went to her sit. They all sat again. Really? You know, it's a bit hard to stand up and sit with two broken ribs and a stab wound, not completely healed, Joanna thought. It still hurted a bit, however she had to forget it for what she was about to do. "We've been here for some time." Cersei said to Daenerys. "My apologies." Daenerys said. Then Tyrion stood up and went to the centre and began to talk, "We are all facing the unique-" Suddenly, without the smallest reason for it, Euron Greyjoy said, "Theon! I have your sister, if you don't submit to me, here and now, I'll kill her." They all were a bit confused and Joanna thought, what the fuck is this idiot doing? "I think we ought to begin with largest concerns." Tyrion said. "Why are you talking? You're the smallest concern in here." Euron said standing up and Joanna was begining to get really anoyed with the guy. "Do you remember when we discuss dwarf's jokes?" Tyrion asked Theon. "His wasn't even good." Theon said. "He explained it. At the end explained it, it's what ruins it." Tyrion said and Joanna thought amused, That's the guys I know. Well done, boys. "We don't even let your kind live at the Iron Islands, you know. We kill you at birth, as mercy for the parents." Euron said. Joanna closed her hand in a fist, by then she was not anoyed anymore, she was angry. "Perhaps you ought to sit down." Jaime said, he was angry too. "Why?" Euron asked. "Leave him alone." Joanna said angry as well. "Again, why?" Euron said. "Sit down or leave." Cersei said also angry. There was one thing that pissed off all the Lannisters siblings and it was each time other people mocked or hurted one of them. No matter the circunstances, they would all stand up, always. Euron finally sat down and then Tyrion continued, "We are a grup of people who do not like one another, as this recent demonstration has shown. We've suffered at each other's hands, we have lost people we love at each others hands. If all we wanted was more of the same, there would be no need for this gathering. We are entirely capable of raging war against each other, without meeting face to face." Tyrion said. "So instead we should settle our differences and live together in harmony for the rest of our days." Cersei said. Yes, that's exactly why we are here, sister, Joanna thought sarcasticaly. "You all know that will never happen." Tyrion said. "Then why are we here?" Cersei asked. Jon stood up and went to where Tyrion was and said, "This isn't about living in harmony. It's just about living. The same thing is coming for all of us. Generaly, you can't negotiate with an army that doesn't leave corpses behind on the battlefield. Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city, they're about to become a million more soldiers in the army of the dead." Jon explained. "I imagine for most of them would be an improvement." Cersei said. I'm so done with her, Joanna thought. "This is serious. I wouldn't be here if it weren't." Jon said. "I don't think this is serious at all. I think this is another bad joke." Cersei said. That's why we're having this meeting, bright one, Joanna thought. "If my brother Jaime informed me correctly, you're asking me for a truce." Cersei said. "Yes, that's all." Daenerys said. "That's all? Pull back my armies and stand down while you go on your monster hunt or while you solidify and expand your position. Hard for me to know which it is, with my armies pulled back, until you return and march on my capital, before time with your men." Cersei said. Great, besides crazy, you're paranoid too, Joanna thought, she could not wait to be out of that shit city. "Your capital will be safe, until the northen treath is dealt with. You have my word." Daenerys said. "The word of a would-be usurper." Cersei said. "There's no conversation that will erase the last fifty years. We have something to show you." Tyrion said. Then the Hound returned with a large box, Joanna told Brienne, "Don't freak out. I know what I'm doing." And then stood up and went to Davos, he gave her a sword and then she went to the centre. "Little sister? I almost didn't recognized you. The recent company hasn't done much for you." Cersei said and Jaime and Tyrion looked at her with a deathly glare. Joanna just ignored it. She adjusted the sword in her hand and Jaime noticed that there was something wrong, she would not do that if something did not bother her. He was the one who thaught her how to fight, he knew how she used the sword. Then Clegane began to opened the box a bit afraid, Joanna's heart was pounding in her chest. He removed the top of it and stayed back, however nothing happened, then he looked at Joanna and said, "Are you ready?" "Yes, go ahead." Joanna said. Then Sandor kicked the box and the wight went out, aiming to Cersei as fast as it could. They all got scared. Then The Hound pulled the chain to him and the wight turned and it was running in Joanna's direction, when it was closed enough, she cut him in half with her sword, it hurted but she did not care. It was still moving and then she cut it's hand. It did not die, still. Then she put away the sword into the box and looked at her sister seriously. Then Davos went to Jon with a torch and something to lit it. Qyburn had picked up the hand, but then he dilevered it to Jon. The torch lit up and Jon burned the hand, saying, "We can destroy them, by burning them." Then he dropped the hand and took the dragonglass dagger from the sheath. "And we can destroy them with dragonglass, if we don't win this fight, then that is the fate of every person in the world." Jon said and then killed the wight. Joanna went to sit back at her sit and Brienne looked at her surprised and a bit concerned and she nodded. "There's only one war that matters, the Great War and it is here." Jon said. "I didn't believe it until I saw them. I saw them all." Daenerys said. "How many?" Jaime asked. He's convinced, if she doesn't agree, he just needs a little tug, Joanna thought. "Hundred thousand at least." Daenerys said. More, Joanna thought. Then Euron stood up and went to see the wight from closed, "Can they swim?" he asked. "No." Jon said. "Good. I'm taking the Iron Fleet back to the Iron Islands." Euron said. "What are you talking about?" Cersei asked. What's your game, Cersei?, Joanna thought, none of that made sense, the guy was a maniac. "I've been around the world, I've seen everything. Things you couldn't imagine. This is the only thing I've ever seen that terrifies me." he said. Fucking coward, Joanna thought. Although, she was not sure if what he said was real. Then he went to Daenerys and said, "I'm going back to my island, you should go back to yours. When winter's over, we'll be the only ones left alive." Then he went away without any answer. Traitor, coward, idiot, the list grows bigger, Joanna thought. Then she looked at her sister and thought again, What's your game? "He's right to be afraid and a coward to run, if those things come for us, there'll be no kingdoms to rule, everything we suffered would have been for nothing, everything we lost would have been for nothing. The crown acepts your truce. Until the dead are defeated, they are the true enemy." Cersei said and everyone thought they had made it, except Joanna. She knew her sister and she would not agree without an outcome for her. "In return, the King in the North will extend his truce. He will remain in the North where he belongs, he will not took up arms against the Lannisters, he will not choose sides." Cersei said. Here it is, Joanna thought. "Just the King in the North? Not me." Daenerys asked. Cersei chuckled and then said, "I would never ask it of you. You would never agree to it and even if you did I would trust you even less than I do now. I ask it only of Ned Stark's son, I know that Ned Stark's son will be true to his word." Cersei said and then looked at Jon. Jon had already swear his sword to Daenerys and Joanna knew he would never lie. We're fucked, Joanna thought. Jon looked at both sides and then said, "I am true to my word or I try to be. That is why I cannot give you what you're asking. I cannot serve two Queens and I've already pledged myself to Queen Daenerys of House Targaryen." Jon said. Yep, we are truly fucked, Joanna thought. "Then there's nothing left to discuss. The dead will come North first, enjoy dealing with them. We will deal with whatever is left of you." Cersei said. Then immediately Joanna thought, We have to convince Jaime.
"Go talk to him. He's convinced, he just needs a tug." Joanna said to Brienne. "Why me?" Brienne asked. "Because he respects you, go please." Joanna said and Brienne went to talk to Jaime. And he loves you, Joanna thought. "I wish you hadn't done that." Tyrion said to Jon, after Cersei left. And then they started to argue. "Staying here arguing about it, won't help us either. We had a plan, it failed. Now we have to come up with another." Joanna said. "Any ideas of how we do that?" Davos asked. "Only one, everyone stays here and I go and talk to my sister." Tyrion said. "I'll go with you. Don't even argue about it, it's worthless." Joanna said. "I didn't come all this way to have you both murdered." Daenerys said. "I don't want Cersei to murder us either, I could have stayed in my cell and saved a great deal of trouble and she could have stayed in this damned city." Tyrion said. "I did this, I should go." Jon said. "She'd definetively murder you." Tyrion and Joanna said at the same time. "We'll go see our sister on our own. Or we all go home and we're right back to where we've started." Tyrion said and then, after everyone agreed, they went to the Red Keep.
In the way, Joanna said, "I'm not going to talk to her. I'm just going to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." "Allright, but why don't you go talk to her too? It could help." Tyrion asked. "Because I would loose my temper and it would all go down, instead of helping." Joanna answered. "Are you better from the wounds?" Tyrion asked. "It hurts, because of the swing of the sword, but it's healing, don't worry." Joanna said. "Good to hear that." Tyrion said. "Be careful and be smart, Tyrion. She was hiding something at the Dragon pit and I bet Greyjoy is envolved. She was lying about something." Joanna said. "I will, don't worry." Tyrion said as they reached the Keep.
The Mountain leaded them inside to where Jaime was, "You spoke with her?" Tyrion asked after the Mountain left. "At her. Until she kicked me out. She thinks I was an idiot to trust you, a lot of people seem to think that actually." Jaime said. "That doesn't mean they're right." Joanna said. "I'm about to step into a room with the most murderous woman in the world, who's already tried to kill me twice, that I know of. Who's the idiot?" Tyrion asked. "I suposse we should say goodbye, one idiot to another." Jaime said. "I'll be here, if you need, just call." Joanna said. Then Tyrion went inside the room to speak with Cersei. "So, you talked to her?" Joanna said. "I did." Jaime replied. "Do you believe me now?" Joanna asked. "I do. Where did you get that thing?" Jaime asked. "Beyond the Wall. A few days ago. We fought the whole army. I've seen them, Jaime. It's scarier than anything else I've seen before." Joanna said honestly. "What happened? When you swinged the sword, it was different, something was wrong." Jaime asked. "One stab wound and two broken ribs, nothing more." Joanna said. "Nothing more?" Jaime asked concerned. "Yes. Will you come North?" Joanna asked. "I don't know. Maybe." Jaime said. "We need you. Even if Cersei's agrees or not. This could be the end." Joanna said. "She's pregnant." Jaime said. "Is it yours?" Joanna asked. "No. But, I don't know who is the father either. She says that it is mine, from a drunk night. But she's lying. I know it, because I never drunk again, since Joffrey died." Jaime said. "Then why are you still here?" Joanna asked. "Habit, maybe." Jaime said. "I don't know what Brienne told you, but she's right." Joanna said. Then Tyrion left the room, "So?" Jaime asked. "She'll help." Tyrion said. "You did make sure of what I told you, right?" Joanna asked. "I did." Tyrion said. "Good. Think about it, Jaime." Joanna said and then, after he nodded, she and Tyrion returned to the arena. The Lannister army and Cersei and Jaime came a few metres behind them.
Joanna and Tyrion went to where the other people were and Cersei's party came to stand in front of them. "My armies will not stand down, I will not pull them back to the capital. I will march them North to fight along side you in the Great War. The darkness is coming for us all, we will face it together. And when the Great War is over, perhaps you'll remember I choose to help, no promises or truces from any of you, I expect not. Call our banners, all of them." Cersei said and then left.
The meeting was over, Joanna said to Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys, "I'm going with Brienne and Pod to Winterfell, if that's allright with you." "Of course, see you there then." Jon said. "See you." Daenerys said and Joanna nodded and both parties left. "Be carefull and see you in Winterfell." Tyrion said. "See you, brother." Joanna said and went with Brienne.
"Have you any idea where they might have gone?" Brienne asked. "I might have one." Joanna said. Then they went to the Inn at the Street of Steel. They entered and went to where they were. "Hey, let's go." Joanna said. "You're coming with us?" Pod asked. "I am." Joanna said. "Come on, let's go. We need to get there before them." Brienne said and then they said goodbye to Bronn and started their journey back to Winterfell.