Revelations

In the morning, after having treated the battle wounds, everyone gathered in front of the castle to say a prayer and burn the dead. The people were all sad and serious. They had won the battle, however the cost had been high. Joanna knew a few people who had died, she always hated funerals, she had never gone to one actually, still this one was important. They owed theirs lives to these people.
Daenerys was saying goodbye to Jorah and Sansa was saying goodbye to Theon. However the young woman was really shaken and she did not want to leave him, therefore Joanna went to her and pulled her into an embrace and whispered, "He's in peace now and even if he's not here, he's watching over you. He will always be watching over you and I'm sure he wanted you to be happy." Sansa nodded and then put the Stark pin she had in his coat and leaned on Joanna. Joanna embraced her and put a hand on Theon's shoulder saying goodbye and then led the young woman back to her family. "Will you be allright?" Joanna asked. "Yes, thank you." Sansa said. Joanna nodded and went back to where Podrick, Brienne and Jaime were.
Then Jon started to make a speech to honor the dead, "We're here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters, to our fathers and mothers, to our friends. Our fellow men and women, who set aside their differences to fight together and die together, so that others might live. Everyone in this world owes them a debt that can never be repayed. It is our duty and our honor to keep them alive in memory for those who came after us and those who came after them for as long as men'll draw a breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men and we shall never see their light again." Then the pyres were lit. It became an enormous fire in minutes. Joanna was looking at the bodies burning, smelling the air, and she did not know how to react. They were alive, however many were not. She was happy and sad at the same time.
However, even with all the death that had happened, they had to cheer for their survival, therefore that evening a feast was held. Joanna sat with Pod, Brienne and Jaime. "I can't believe we survived." Joanna said happily. "I can't believe you tried to fight four Walkers at the same time." Jaime said. "How did that go?" Brienne asked. "Not very well. Fortunately, Arya killed the Night King. Still I got some help." Joanna said. "You don't get tired of getting suicidal ideas, do you?" Pod asked. "Sorry, sweetheart. But, it runs in the family." Joanna said. "Is that so?" Pod asked and Joanna kissed him. "Uh-hem. Can't you two get a room?" Jaime asked. "You better get used to it. It's better seeing them like this than seeing them fighting." Brienne said. "What do you mean?" Jaime asked confused. "She means that we anoyed everyone around us." Joanna said. "Really? I never noticed that." Pod said. "Really? Never?" Brienne asked. "Not once." Pod said. "Well, I did." Joanna said with a giggle. Then she heard, "Gendry. That's right, isn't it?" It was Daenerys. Shit!, Joanna thought. "Yes, Your Grace." Gendry replied. "You're Robert Baratheon's son, aren't you?" Daenerys said and Gendry nodded. "You are aware that he took my family's throne and tried to have me murder." Daenerys said. "I didn't even know he was my father until after he was dead." Gendry said. "Yes, he's dead. His brothers are too. So who's Lord of Storm's End now?" Daenerys asked. "I don't know, Your Grace." Gendry said. "Does anyone?" Daenerys asked. However no one answered. What's your plan?, Joanna thought. "I think you should be Lord of Storm's End." Daenerys said. "I-I can't be, I'm a bastard." Gendry said. "No, you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon, because that is what I have made you." Daenerys explained. Wow, that's fantastic! He deserves it, Joanna thought, happy for her friend. Then Gendry was looking around surprised and Ser Davos stood and raised his cup and said, "To Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End." All the people repeated it after raising their cups. Then Joanna went to Gendry and said, "Congratulations. You're a lord now." "Thank you." Gendry said. "You still don't believe it?" Joanna asked. "No, I don't. I have to find Arya." Gendry said. "I'm sure you do. She mentioned something about arrows earlier." Joanna said. "Thank you, see you." Gendry said. "See you, I didn't tell you anything, allright?" Joanna said and then he nodded and went away. Joanna got back to the table. "How do you know him?" Jaime asked. "He went beyond the Wall with us." Joanna answered. "Oh, that's new." Jaime said. "What?" Joanna asked confused. "He's nothing like his father." Jaime said. "Gladly. Still, none of this people here are like their parents, thanks the Gods for that." Joanna said. "Yes. But, you're like mother..." Jaime said. "Really?" Joanna asked surpised. "Really. If you want, tomorrow we'll talk more about her." Jaime said. "Thank you." Joanna said and then he nodded. Jaime started to put wine in their cups, but Brienne put her hand in the top of her cup for him not to poor it, however Jaime took her hand and said, "We fought dead things enough to talk about, if this isn't the time to drink, when it is?" And poured the wine all the same. She nodded and they cheered. Finally, thanks to whoever got him to finally make a move, Joanna thought. Then she looked at Pod and he kissed her. "Later in my chambers." Joanna whispered. "Allright. Maybe this time, we'll be able to sleep... after it." Pod whispered back. "After it." Joanna said very low in a way that only he could hear. "For gods' sake, if you two are going to stay there flirting, then you'd better get a room." Jaime said. "Leave them alone, they have to compensate the wasted time in which they were fighting for a year." Brienne said. "Very funny. You will never let it go, will you?" Joanna said. "Never." Brienne said.
Then Tyrion joined them, "Do you want to play a game?" Tyrion asked. "Sure." Jaime and Brienne said. "Joanna?" Tyrion asked. "No. I'm not playing drinking games with you anymore." Joanna said. "Why not?" Tyrion asked. "Because the last time, you made the rules and you were always changing them and then I got a huge headache the next day." Joanna said. "That was the time that you said you wanted to play." Jaime said. "I regret that today still. Well, you're on your own. I'm going to see how things are there." Joanna said. "See you later." Pod said and she nodded. What are you and Tyrion planning?, Joanna thought, she just knew them all too well.
Then Joanna went to Daenerys, "Hey, how are you doing?" Joanna asked. "Fine, but... I'd like to know the people here, you know. Jorah's gone and he was my only friend." Daenerys explained. "Then, come on. Let's join them. And I'm your friend." Joanna said. "Thank you but... what if they don't want me?" Daenerys asked. "Let's see." Joanna said and then took Daenerys's hand and went to where Jon and Sansa and a lot more people were. "Hey, can we join you?" Joanna asked and Jon said, "Of course." Then Tormund said, handing Jon the horn for him to drink, "All of it, come on." "No, it won't go." Jon said. "Go on, I believe in you." Sansa said. "Come on, we all believe in you." Joanna said. "We do." Daenerys said. And the three women smiled a bit. What did I get myself into?, Jon thought. "Come on! Come on!" Joanna, Sansa and Daenerys said. "No! Stop that!" Jon said and they giggle a bit. "We have to celebrate our victory." Tormund said. "Vomiting is not celebrating." Jon said. "Yes, it is." Tormund said. And then they all laughed. "To the Dagron Queen!" Tormund said and the whole hall cheered. "To Arya Stark, the Hero of Winterfell!" Daenerys said and the entire hall cheered again. And then Tormund managed to drink the whole horn, "I can't believe he did it." Joanna said. "Me neither." Sansa said. "Is he going to be allright?" Daenerys asked. "He's Tormund, so yeah, pretty much." Joanna said. Then Joanna said, "Come on, let's go over there, because I'm under the impression that they are going to get very drunk in a bit." And Joanna, Daenerys and Sansa went to the end of the table. "Look, I know that you two are not in very friendly terms, but, politics aside, I think you could be good friends." Joanna said. "We would have to solve politics first." Sansa said. "Right, let's solve it now. Talk." Joanna said. "are you serious?" Daenerys asked. "Yeah." Joanna said. "So, what would you like to agree on for our alliengence to work?" Daenerys asked Sansa. "I just want for the North to be independent." Sansa said. "That poses some issues..." Daenerys said. "What about this? The North is independent and you take the Six Kingdoms. We can agree on a war alliengence, that way you two can get help in war from one another, without promises of liege. Then the Wall, or what is left of it, still works for punishment for the crimes of both Kingdoms." Joanna suggested. "It works for me." Sansa said. "Yeah, for me too. But what about the other Kingdoms? Won't they want the same terms?" Daenerys said. "The only Kingdom capable of suportting itself is the North. The rest won't be able to do the same for they lack the means and the leadership. Besides, this agreement was made here and before you take the Iron Throne, therefore since the North is not dependent of Cersei's anymore, it all stays the same and they can suck it. I have no doubt you two are Queens in your hearts, therefore you can surely make it work." Joanna said. "Agreed. I'll have a land passage to the Wall, though." Daenerys said. "Allright, I think that can be managed. That's settled, then. I'm so glad we survived the battle..." Sansa said. "Me too." Daenerys said. Joanna smilled, looked at Pod and thought unwillingly, yep, I don't think I will sleep tonight. "Joanna?" Sansa asked. "Joanna?" Daenerys asked. "Uh, what? Sorry, I zooned out for a moment." Joanna said. "You should go to him." Sansa said. "How did it go?" Daenerys asked. "Yeah, you didn't tell me." Sansa said. "It went well. Really well. Don't you dare tell my brothers I said this." Joanna said. "Of course, we wouldn't." Sansa said. "You told Jon." Joanna said. "I had to, because of the Wall." Sansa said. "What happened?" Daenerys asked. "This one here had the bright idea of inventing a lie saying that she was married to Pod and then ended up sharing a room with him and they both got drunk and can't remember a thing about it." Sansa explained. "Really? But you're a Lannister." Daenerys said unwillingly, reffering to the Lannister family reputation. "Well, I must be the only one in my family that can't lie straight. Still, I didn't tell Jon about Tyrion." Joanna said. "Tyrion?" Daenerys asked. "Sansa and Tyrion are or were married. They just did not consumate it. But they love each other, just don't act on it..." Joanna explained. "Yeah. Is there a problem about that?" Sansa asked. "A problem? Not at all, I'm happy for you. You two should be together." Daenerys said. "Thank you. She doesn't believe me." Joanna said. "How did you marry?" Daenerys asked. "His father made him." Sansa said. "And it turn out good for them, gladly." Joanna said. "Good for you." Daenerys said. "And what about you and Jon?" Sansa asked. "He's really good. But lately, he's been a bit awkward." Daenerys said. "We'll talk to him, won't we, Joanna?" Sansa said. "Shit." Joanna said, looking at the table where her brothers, Brienne and Pod were, seeing Tormund going to them. "Shit? Why shit?" Sansa asked. "Look." Joanna said and Sansa followed her gaze to where she was looking. "Shit." Sansa said. "What is going on?" Daenerys asked. "Well, short version. Our best friend likes her brother, Jaime, and that guy is totally crazy for her and now he's going to ruin it again." Sansa said. And my brother is an idiot because he doesn't do anything about it, Joanna thought. Then they saw that Brienne left and Jaime stopped Tormund and then went after her. "I think your brother solved the problem this time." Daenerys said. "Finally." Sansa said. "Yeah, but I bet Tyrion and Pod had something to do with that." Joanna said. "Why?" Daenerys asked. "I don't know why, I just know it." Joanna said. "Well, I have to go talk to Sandor." Sansa said. "You must be the only one that he doesn't call names to. Little bird does not count." Joanna said. "I agree with her." Daenerys said. "Very funny." Sansa said and then went talk to him. "Well, I'm going to figure out what those boys did." Joanna said. "And I'm going to try and get Jon away from here." Daenerys said. "Good luck. See you tomorrow." Joanna said and then went to where Pod was.
"Hey. What happened here?" Joanna asked. "Nothing, just a drinking game." Pod said. Joanna sat next to him and said, "And somehow that game managed to get them together." Joanna said. "Well, Tyrion had a plan." Pod said. "Do I wanna know?" Joanna asked. "No." Pod said. "Well, finally! It was about time." Joanna said. "And in there? What happened?" Pod asked. "The Queens to be made peace and we got pretty close to get Jon very drunk." Joanna said with a giggle. "Poor boy." Pod said. "Are you going to tell me that Tyrion never got you drunk?" Joanna said. "Only once." Pod said. "Only once? I don't buy it. Anyway, let's go." Joanna said. "As my lady comands." Pod said. "Stop that." Joanna said. "Why?" Pod teased. "You know why." Joanna said. "No, I don't." Pod said. "Well, you'll have to figure it out yourself then." Joanna teased and then they went to her chambers.
That night everyone celebrated living just for itself. Joanna and Podrick got involved in a passionate and a bit wild night, like it was the first time again. Then they fell asleep in each other arms.
Next morning, Joanna woke up with the sun light. It felt warmer and cosyer than any other morning in her life. She was in his arms. "I said I could get used to this and I definetively meant it." Joanna whispered softly between breaths. "That would make the two of us. Good morning." Pod said, looking at her. "Good morning." Joanna said, turning to him, giving him a soft and swift kiss. "Is it morning already?" Pod asked. "I think so." Joanna said. "We're going to hear a lot, you know. We're supposed to be in the yard already." Pod said with a chuckle. "I got the feeling that today, we don't have to go that early." Joanna said. "Why? What do you know?" Pod asked confused. "I just know my brother too well, that is if yours and Tyrion's plan worked." Joanna said. "So, what you're saying is that we have the whole morning for ourselves?" Pod said, tyring to get a comfirmation. "Yes, pretty much. He's really grundgy in the morning, like he will only leave that room when he really has too." Joanna said. "Or when she kicks him out." Pod said. "Yeah, still... it will last the whole morning." Joanna said. "Good." Pod said kissing and caressing her. "Really? Now?" Joanna asked, between kisses. "You said that we have the whole morning." Pod said. "And that's what you immediately think of?" Joanna asked. "You can't tell me you didn't think the same." Pod said. "I did, but I'm usual the bad influence here, not you." Joanna said teasing. "I have bad days." Pod said smiling. "Well... I'm not complaining about it, am I?" Joanna said kissed him back. Few moments after they were making love.
"See... I told you, we had the whole morning." Joanna said, resting her head in his chest. "It would be even better if we had every morning." Pod said and Joanna chuckled. "We will have to wait a little bit longer." Joanna said. "I know." Pod said. "Pod?" Joanna asked. "Uhm?" he said. "If I told you that we could live at the Rock or somewhere else, just the two of us and... raise a family of our own, what would you say?" Joanna asked, she had been thinking a little bit about it, because the war was almost over and after that the only thing she knew she wanted to do was being with him in their own household and raising a family of their own. "I'd say that it's a fantastic idea. As long as we are together, even a shack would do. It'd be a previledge to be the father of your children." Pod said. "I'd be honored if you so choose it. I love you." Joanna said smiling. "I love you too." Pod said and then, as always in the story of their sweet moments, there was a knock on the door. "I can't believe this keeps happening." Joanna whispered. "I know, right!" Pod whispered back. "Who is it?" Joanna asked. "It's Tyrion." Tyrion said on the other side of the door. "What is it?" Joanna asked. "You and Jaime have been missing the whole morning. Can I come in?" Tyrion said. "No. I'll see you in five minutes in the hall." Joanna said. "Allright." Tyrion said and Joanna and Pod thought that he had gone away, however, "You two better hurry up." Tyrion said. They laughed.
In five minutes, they were already dressed and coming to the hall to meet Tyrion. "Hey, sorry we took so long." Joanna said. "I can't believe that this time it's me that is alone." Tyrion said. "Why don't you talk to Sansa?" Pod asked. "What am I going to say?" Tyrion said. "I don't know, maybe I love you or something like that." Joanna said. "I will try again." Tyrion said. "Did you get to find Jaime?" Joanna asked. "No." Tyrion said. "Then where are the rest of the people?" Joanna asked. "Well, the Hound is in the forge, I think. Sansa is looking for Arya and the rest are missing the same as you were." Tyrion explained. "People must have had a lot to drink last night and now..." Pod said. "Yeah, probably that is it." Tyrion said. "We have two days until we departe to Dargonstone, right?" Joanna asked. "Yes." Tyrion answered. "Do you really have to go?" Pod asked her. "Unfortunately, yes. I have to do something about Cersei." Joanna said. "You better come back." Pod said. "Don't worry, I'll make sure of it." Tyrion said and they chuckled.
In the afternoon, Joanna, Jaime and Tyrion were in a room just the three of them. "Next time you decide to be missing the whole damn morning, you have to warn me." Tyrion said. "I already told you that I'm sorry, what do you want me to say?" Jaime asked. "Next time, we'll warn you, don't worry. You won't have to knock on doors." Joanna said. "How was it?" Tyrion asked. "That's none of your bussiness." Jaime said. Then they looked at Joanna, "Oh, no. No, no, no. Don't look at me, I'm not telling you anything." Joanna said. "Come on." Tyrion and Jaime said at the same time. "No. You understand the meaning of the word 'no', right?" Joanna said. "Just the rumours part then." Tyrion said. "Yeah, just that part." Jaime said. "Why? Do you feel threatened?" Joanna teased. Jaime just opened his mouth as he was going to say something and then shutted it, without saying a word. However, Tyrion was not going down that easy, "At least tell us, did it hurt or something?" Tyrion asked. "As a matter of fact, it didn't, it was really pleasurable but I was hardly a virgin last evening." Joanna said and realised they were just shocked and without words. "Uh, yesterday... yesterday, I said that we would talk about mother...so... Tyrion, do you want to start?" Jaime said still a bit shocked, trying clumsly to change the subject. "Give me just a second to finish processing what I've just heard." Tyrion said. Joanna chuckled. "Allright. Mother looked just like you and you have her spirit. She might not have been a warrior in the battlefield, however she was a great woman, she was castellan to father and rulled the Rock most of the time. She was kind and sweet, still she was also sensible and very inteligent. She was father's most trusted advisor and she always managed to influence him in a good way." Tyrion said. "Mother and father loved each other very dearly. She was the only one who knew who he really was and most people say that he never smiled, but he smiled when he was with her. When she died that joy died with her." Jaime said. "That sounds wonderful, why did no one ever told me this before? Why was everyone so secretive about mother?" Joanna asked confused, from what she had heard her mother was a wonderful person, kind and sweet. A lioness, Joanna thought. She just could not figure out why no one ever talked about her. "Because..." Jaime said and then looked at Tyrion and he nodded for him to continue. Joanna did not like that exchange of looks, she had the feeling that was something important and serious. "When mother got pregnant of Tyrion, there were rumours running around, saying that she and Aerys Targaryen had been involved and that Tyrion was not father's son. This caused mother to return to the Rock, because she was lady-in-waiting to Rhaella Targaryen and because, if she had stay, the rumours would become worst, or so she told us. At first father thought that it was a lie, but then Tyrion was born and he got furious. They fought and fought for days and even after they made peace, it was never the same. Father became more cold and they did not have the connection they had before, still she managed to continue to inlfuence him always in a good way and she always protected us whenever he got angry. Still, we noticed that she got sad with time. I think she knew that she was sick, her joy was us and you. She wanted us to theatch you everything she would not be able to." Jaime explained. "We never believed she did that to father. She was always a good mother, friend and wife. She thaught me how to read and that you should not mind what people say about you, because you know your own worth. She was the one who encouraged Jaime to learn swordfighting and to be a knight. She thaught Cersei how to be a lady despite sometimes her being a little difficult to deal with. She would have thaught you all of that if she could." Tyrion said. Did she really do that to father?, Joanna thought. As a child, she always thought that her family was perfect, she knew that they were pretty messed up, still somewhere inside her she thought that they were perfect to her. Time passed by and she figured out that it was never that way, from her father to her sister and brothers, they were not perfect, as she herself was not as well. The only person left was her mother, she never knew her, but she knew or hoped that she would be good and escape the rule. This discovery was something she had never expected. "You said that I'm just like her. Why?" Joanna asked. "Because you have her personality and her looks. You're kind and sweet, but also you're witty and inteligent. Besides, you're an amazing friend, you are always there for Brienne and Sansa and the rest of them. And we know that someday, you will be a fantastic mother and wife." Jaime said. "I hope you're right. Thank you for telling me this, it means a lot to me. I think that, since I can remember, I always tried to live up to my name, because I want to honor her." Joanna said. "She would be proud of you." Tyrion said. "She really would." Jaime said. Joanna did not know what to think, though she was happy to know more about her mother, still she felt confused to know of the rumours. "Well, I have to go see if I can find Sansa, because we have to talk to Jon." Joanna said. "Firstly, about what you said before... can't you just tell us the part of the rumours, please?" Tyrion said. "Please, come on, we're your brothers." Jaime said. "Don't worry. I'm sure none of you can match him." Joanna said. "Allright, the teasing stops now." Jaime said. "Yeah." Tyrion said. "Finally, see you." Joanna said and then left.
Joanna went to the Godswood. She needed to be alone, she was not sure of what to think of what she had just heard. If they say that she didn't do it, I believe them. That would explain why father never talked about her, but... why would she do that and then have me... it does not make sense. I will never understand how people love a person and cheat on her... No, no... they say she never did it. I have her name and I have to honor it, doesn't matter what happened, she is my mother and he is my father, Jaime and Tyrion are my brothers and Cersei is my sister. I'm a Lannister, just like them... that will never change, Joanna thought. She had found a new family, that was true. Her friends and Podrick were also her family, by then. However, she would never forget her siblings or her parents.
Suddenly, Joanna noticed that Bran was approaching. She stood up and said, "I'm sorry, Bran. I'll leave now." "Don't. I feel like there is something you want to ask me." Bran said and Joanna sat in the wood log again. "Well, I figure out that there was a rumour about my mother and the Mad King. I don't know what to think of it and I'd just like to know the truth." Joanna said. "I can help you with that. Just give me a minute and I'll see." Bran said and then his eyes went white.
He was in KingsLanding, in the Red Keep. He looked around and saw two women. One with silver hair and violet eyes and the other with blonde hair and green eyes. For a moment, he thought that he had gone to the future and not the past. Still there was a difference. The eyes. Joanna's were brown. Suddenly he began to hear their conversation. "You have to let me go, Rhaella. It's not safe for either of us here, if I stay." the woman with blonde hair said. "But the rumours are not true. It's not fair, Joanna. I can try to talk with someone or-" the woman with silver hair said. "You know that there is no other way. I have to go and hope Tywin does not believe any of this rumours." Joanna said. "If you have to, I hope you will be allright." Rhaella said and the two friends hugged.
Suddenly, he was at Casterly Rock. The woman with blonde hair from before was there. She was sad... she knew that she was sick. She passed her hand in her belly and said, "You'll be a lioness, my little one. You will have your brothers and your sister to look after you. And you'll have your father too. He'll be there for you, I know it." Then three children came running into the room, a girl and two boys. "Mother, father told us that you had something to tell us." the girl said. "I have, my sweetling." the woman said. "What is it?" the eldest boy said. "You will have a little sister." the woman said. "A little sister?" the younger boy said. "Yes, my sweeties. And you will have to look after her, allright? She will need you to learn the ways of life." the woman said. The children nodded and then they hugged her.
Then Bran was back. "Are you allright? What did you see?" Joanna asked. "Your mother was the one who decided to leave KingsLanding, she told Queen Rhaella that she had to go away. She never betrayed your father. She knew that she had to go before it became worst for her and for the Queen." Bran said. "Thank you, Bran. It means a lot." Joanna said. She did not do it. I hope father knows it now. Thank you, mother, for looking after us and I'm sorry that there were these rumours, Joanna thought. "There is more. I saw your mother at Casterly Rock. She knew that she was sick, that was why she was sad. However, she wanted to give your father one more child, because she loved him and she wanted to give your siblings one more sister or brother. She knew that you would be a lioness and she told your siblings to look after you. You and your brothers and sister were her last joy." Bran told her. "Wow. Thank you, Bran." Joanna said, Thank you, mother, Joanna thought. "You're welcome, I'm glad to have helpped." Bran said. Joanna thanked him again and then left.