The Heart Tree

After leaving the Godswood, Joanna found Sansa and they went to find Jon, in the way they found Arya and she went with them, after they told her what was happening. They found Jon inside the castle in a hall alone. "Jon?" Sansa asked. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Jon asked them. "We're looking for you." Joanna said. "Why?" Jon asked confused. "You've been acting weird... what's going on?" Arya asked. "Uh, it's nothing." Jon lied. "Well, it's something or you would not act like this." Sansa said. "My name is not Jon Snow." Jon said. "What do you mean?" Joanna asked confused. He hesitated, but proceeded, "I mean that... I discovered that my mother was Lyanna Stark and my father was Raeghar Targaryen... Bran saw it and Sam comfirmed it, he saw the records in the Cidadel. They married in secret. He never raped her, they were in love. My name, my real name, is Aegon Targaryen.". "So, you're a Targaryen and you're the heir to the Iron Throne..." Sansa said, bewildered, not yet grasping the full inplications of his statment. "I don't want to! Daenerys deserves it and she will be a wonderful Queen. I know it, I love her, but... she's my aunt." Jon said. For a while there was silence in the room. Then Joanna spoke, "Then help her take the Iron Throne and marry her. If you love each other, then... marry and rule together." She was surprised by the revelation, however she understood him. "But she's my aunt..." Jon said. "Do you love her?" Arya asked. "I do." Jon answered. "Then go for it. You will always be our brother, Jon. I mean Aegon, whatever... you will always be our family, no matter what your name is or who are your parents." Sansa said. "She's right. You will always be a Stark." Arya said. "Thank you. You will always be my sisters. But the people won't have it... " Jon said. "If you're Targaryen, it's usual in that family. Relatives marry between themselves all of the time. People will be glad." Joanna replied. "I was not raised Targaryen." he ojected. "Starks understand and suport you." Sansa rehinforced. "I'm beat. I surrender to you all." He replied with a nervouse giggle. "So is it Jon or Aegon now?" Joanna asked lightly. "You can call me Jon." Jon said. "It's good to have you back, Jon. You are my best friend, no one can change that." Joanna said. "Thank you. You're my best friend as well." Jon said. "Now go talk to your Queen." Joanna said and Sansa and Arya laughed. "One day, I will beat you in this game, you know?" Jon said. "She's the best in this game, how will you beat her?" Sansa asked. "Well, I'll find a way." Jon said. "Keep dreaming." Arya said. "I look forward to see that." Joanna said. "I'm going to see Dany." Jon said. "See you." the women said.
Later, Joanna was going to find Brienne when she met Gendry on the way. "Hey. You're going to Storm's End tomorrow?" Joanna asked. "I don't know yet. But I have news." Gendry said. "What is it?" Joanna asked. "I proposed to Arya and she said yes." Gendry said. "Congratulations. I'm so happy for you." Joanna said giving him a hug. "Thank you. We will probably marry after the war." Gendry said after the hug. "Good for you." Joanna said. "What about you and Pod?" Gendry asked. "What about us?" Joanna asked confused. "When will you two get it oficial ?" Gendry asked. "I don't know. I'm going to war, trying to somehow stop my sister and we just don't have time now. I mean we talked about it, but..." Joanna tried to explain, however she did not have a clue to what she was explaining, because she wanted to marry him, they just did not have time for it at the time, did they? "Joanna, if you two love each other, which I'm pretty sure you do, just call it a shot. It does not need to be all of it now, but just promise each other that it will be someday. Don't waste time." Gendry said. "But what if I don't make it back?" Joanna asked. "You will. And if you don't, then this way, you will always be with him and he with you." Gendry said. "Thanks, Gendry. I will think about it." Joanna said and he nodded, then she went to find Brienne.
When she found her, she said, "Hey, finally I found you." "Hey, I've been looking for you too." Brienne said. "Are you allright?" Joanna asked. "Yes." Brienne said. "I'm happy for you two." Joanna said smiling. "Thank you." Brienne said. "Can I talk with you about something?" Joanna asked. "You know you don't have to ask that, of course you can." Brienne said and then they went to a hall that was empty. "What is it?" Brienne asked. "I discovered who my mother was and my brothers said that I'm just like her and I think that maybe I am... it's just that it's hard. She was just amazing, she was a good friend and wife and mother, but she learned how to be all of that... and I, since I can remember, only want to ride and fight. I want to honor her, but that's just not me." Joanna explained. "You are an amazing friend and sister and even if you're not a lady, in a typical way, everything will be allright, if you are yourself. She would be proud of you. And I'm sure that one day, you and Pod would have a wonderful life together." Brienne said. "You really think that?" Joanna asked. "I do." Brienne said. "Thank you." Joanna said. "You're welcome." Brienne said. "So... is Jaime going to stay with you from now on?" Joanna teased. "Don't start." Brienne said. "What? I know you two spent the last night together." Joanna said. "How do you know?" Brienne asked surprised. "Pod told me." Joanna said. "So what if we did?" Brienne asked. "I'm happy for you. There's no problem with that, I and Pod spent the last night together too and this night we will as well." Joanna said and they looked at each other and chuckled. "You knew that he liked me already, didn't you?" Brienne asked. "Since we left KingsLanding, but I couldn't say anything. It was killing me, really." Joanna said. "Thank you." Brienne said. "I was ready to start yelling at him at any point, if he did not tell you anything." Joanna said with a giggle. "I imagine. I was ready to start yelling at you and Pod, because you two did not stop fighting. Well, at least until whatever happened when you saw the Wall." Brienne said. "I know. We're pretty anoying. You were right, you know?" Joanna asked. "About what?" Brienne asked. "About we getting a happy ending." Joanna said. "Guess I was." Brienne said.
Then Joanna went to find Pod. It was late and cold. They grabbed a bite and went to her chambers. After making love to each other, they were resting in each other arms. "Tomorrow, I'll show you something." Joanna said. "What is it?" Pod asked. "A place." Joanna answered. "Allright. I look forward to it." Pod said and after sometime they fell asleep.
The next day, they woke up, got dressed and went to take breakfast. After brekfast Podrick had to go do his chores and they agreed to meet sometime later in the woods. Joanna found Brienne, in the way to try to find her brothers, and asked, "Do you know where my brothers are?" "I think they went to the hall to talk or something." Brienne answered. "Thanks." Joanna said. "Why are you pissed with them?" Brienne asked. "Because Tyrion has been anoying me about being missing the whole morning of yesterday and now they have been missing the whole morning of today." Joanna explained. "I would not like to be in their place. See you." Brienne said and Joanna nodded and left.
Joanna went to the hall and in the way she found, to her surprised, Bronn with a crossbow. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Joanna asked. "Hey. I'm trying to get my payment from your brothers." Bronn said. "And you need a crossbow for that?" Joanna asked raising an eyebrow. "Look, Lannister, your sister told me to bring her yours heads. But, your brother told me that whatever she was paying me, he pays double. And both of them promised me a castle and a wife, so I came to get my payment." Bronn explained. "A Lannister always pays his debts. That still does not explain the crossbow." Joanna said. "I have to persuade them or they won't believe me. I will not kill them, you have my word." Bronn said. "You better not do anything serious to them, or you know the debt will be payed." Joanna said. "I know. So have you and Payne fucked yet?" Bronn said. "I'll kill you." Joanna warned him. "Fine, fine." Bronn said and then left.
Joanna met with Podrick in the woods, some time later, "Come on, this way." Joanna said and then she took his hand and leaded him to the Godswood. "This is beautiful." Pod said when they reached the place. "I know. I wanted to show it to you. Because it helps me to calm down and I wanted to share it with you, if you ever need it, while I'm away." Joanna said, never letting go of his hand. "Thank you. I wish you didn't have to go." Pod said. "I wish I didn't have to go as well. But I just can't let my sister do anymore damage than what she already did." Joanna said. "Joanna, you know that your sister will probably never come out of this alive. I know she has done horrible things to you and to other people, but she is still your sister. Are you allright with that?" Pod asked concerned. "I honestly don't know. I know that my sister will not come out of this alive and I know that I can't let anymore people get hurt because of it. I don't know how I will react, but I have to try." Joanna explained. "I could go with you." Pod said. "No, please, don't. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you. You're the most important person in my life, I don't want you to die because of me." Joanna said. "What if you die? You are all I've got. I can't do anything from here, if something happens to you." Pod said. "Promise me that you will stay at Winterfell, no matter what happens." Joanna said. "I promise that I will try. But...if you die, I can't live without you." Pod said. "Of course, you can. If I die, I want you to live your life. I want you to be happy." Joanna said. "I can't promise you that." Pod said. "I know. Still I think we might live." Joanna said. "Why?" Pod asked. "Think about it, we saw White Walkers, Jon came back to life, Bran can control ravens and see the past and the future. It's not that impossible." Joanna said. "We're in the presence of Gods, aren't we?" Pod asked. "Yes, I think so. Why?" Joanna asked confused. "Let's take our sacred vows." Pod said. "W-what? Are you s-serious?" Joanna asked surprised. Podrick took her other hand and looked at her in the eyes and asked, "Joanna Lannister, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" "Yes...yes, I will. Of course, I will, Podrick Payne." Joanna said looking at him and then they kissed pasionately. "Let's do it, then." Joanna said and then they looked at each other and both said, "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger." "I'm hers and she is mine." he said and, at the same time, she said, "I'm his and he is mine." Then both said, "From this day, until the end of my days." They smiled and kissed again.
Then they went the chambers and consumated the marriage. "You know, what?" Joanna asked. "What?" Pod replied. "I can call you husband now." She said with a giggle. "Is that so, wife?" Pod said with a chuckle. "I love when you call me that." Joanna said. "Good to know because, one day, I want to call you that in front of everyone." Pod said. "Imagine when we make it oficial. It will be amazing." Joanna said. "You don't feel bad for not telling anyone?" Pod asked. "I'd like to tell my brothers and the rest of our friends, but for now let's just keep it to ourselves." Joanna said. "How will it be after the war's over?" Pod asked. "I don't know, we will have to find a place to live, I think." Joanna answered. "Where would you like to live, besides the Rock?" Pod asked. "Somewhere near the sea and you?" Joanna answered. "Somewhere like that too. I've never had a home, so..." Pod said. "We will have a home of our own and a family too. I'll never let you go, did you hear me?" Joanna said. "I love you so much." Pod said and Joanna kissed him.
The next day, Joanna said goodbye to everyone and went South with Daenerys and the rest of them. She did not go with Jon because she wanted to get there more quickly. They were going to Dragonstone first and then to the capital.
They were going by boat and, as they got near Dragonstone, sailling peacefully, arrows began to fly, trying to strike the dragons and the boats. They boat went down, however Raeghal and Drogon managed to burn down most of the fleet. Joanna was in the water, swiming to the shores when she heard screams, she looked around and saw Missandei, some three guys were taking her. Joanna went to her and, once she was on the beach, she unsheathed Sharp Claw and said, "Let her go! Now!" "Or what?" one guy said. "I'm warning you." Joanna said. "We're not afraid of you, girl." other guy said. "Then show it." Joanna said and the men unsheathed their swords and started to attack. "Run! Go to the Queen!" Joanna said as she fought the Iron Born soldiers. "What about you?" Missandei asked. "Go, I'll be fine." Joanna said and the young woman started to run. Joanna managed to defeat the three guys, however, by the end, she was surrounded by Greyjoy soldiers. She thought of running, however, suddenly it strucked her, Maybe if I talk with my sister, I could end the war. It's a small chance, but I have to try. I made an oath. Joanna knew that while she was in the Red Keep, no one would destroy it, they would maybe sack it, but never burn it down and she would make sure Cersei did not too. Therefore, she trew her weapons on the sand and raised her arms up in a gesture of surrunder. Then she saw Euron Greyjoy... This better be worthy, Joanna thought, anoyed and tense. "Well, well, well... what do we have here?" Euron Greyjoy said. "Of everyone who could have captured me, it had to be this jester. Fuck you, Greyjoy." Joanna said. "Uh, uh... a little lion cub with a sour mouth I see." Euron mocked. "I wouldn't make that mistake if I were you." Joanna said. "Let's see what your sister thinks of it." Euron said and then the men took her sword, handcuffed her and shipped her to KingsLanding, to the Queen.
Meanwhile, Missandei managed to get to the Queen. "Have you seen Joanna?" Tyrion asked, no one knew where she was. "I was being taken by the Greyjoys and she intervined. She managed to send me away, but got captured." Missandei said. "She got what?!" Tyrion said. "Tyrion, calm down. She can take care of herself." Varys said. "She's alone with Cersei! How can I be calm?!" Tyrion said. "You once told me that the four of you made an oath. Cersei made it too." Varys said. "First, I should never have told you that and second, things have never been so bad between them!" Tyrion said. "They are sisters. Besides, Joanna is one of the best fighters I've ever met." Varys said. "We have to warn the Queen." Tyrion said.
Later at Dragonstone, Daenerys came to find them. "Is everyone here?" she asked. "No. Joanna was taken." Tyrion said a bit shaken. It did not make sense, Joanna was the best fighter he have ever seen and she got captured? By the Greyjoys? "What?!" Daenerys asked concerned. "She saved Missandei and got caught." Tyrion explained. "We have to get her back." Daenerys said. "And fast." Tyrion said. "We storm the city as we had planed, when Jon comes." Daenerys said. "I hope we have time." Tyrion said. "We will have to make a meeting because of the 'truce'." Daenerys said. "Oh, we will." Tyrion said, seriously and thought, I have a few things to tell my eldest sister. "We'll get her back, don't worry." Daenerys said. "I hope you're right." Tyrion said.
Meanwhile, at Winterfell, Sansa and Brienne got a raven from Dragonstone. They were talking, when Jaime came to them. "What happened?" he asked as he saw the look on their faces. "Euron Greyjoy attacked them on the way to Dragonstone and... Joanna got captured." Brienne explained. "W-what?" Jaime asked. "You have to help her, Ser Jaime. Please. Cersei might kill her." Sansa said. "I-I will. I don't know how, yet, but I will, don't worry." Jaime said. "I'm going to tell Pod." Sansa said. "Don't. If things go wrong and he dies or gets hurt, Joanna will never forgive herself." Jaime said. "He will not stand by and do nothing. So how can you expect to convince him not to go?" Brienne asked. "I'll talk to him. I will probably leave tomorrow." Jaime said. "I hope it's not too late." Sansa said. "It's not." Jaime said, he thought or better he hoped that they would not do anything to each other. "I'm going to find Pod." Jaime said and then he left. He was still shocked about what he had heard. Why? Why, Joanna? Whatever game you have in your damn mind, I hope it is good, because you will have to wait until I'll get there, Jaime thought. At last, he found Pod. He was at the Godswood, sitting in a log. Jaime could see that he was thinking about Joanna and that he missed her. "Hey." Jaime said. "Ser Jaime?" Pod asked. "Please, Pod, I believe we're going to be family very soon, call me just Jaime." Jaime said and sat next to him. "Allright." Pod said with a smile. "Uh, I have something to tell you, but first I need you to promise me that you won't freak out or do anything stupid." Jaime said. "What happened to her?" Pod asked seriously, he knew something was going on. "She got captured." Jaime said. "Captured? She fights probably better than anyone I know, how did she get captured? We have to do something." Pod said concerned. "I know. It doesn't make sense, but it happened. They were attacked and then she got captured. I'm going to KingsLanding tomorrow." Jaime said. "I'm going with you." Pod said. "No, please. I have to go alone, I know that city better than anyone. I can't let you put yourself at risk." Jaime said. "But I love her, I really love her. I have to try to do something for her." Pod said. She's my wife. We're going to have a life together, Pod thought. "I know you do. But, listen to me, what do you think will happen if something goes wrong and you get hurt or worse, killed? What do you think it will do to her?" Jaime asked, trying to make him understand. I hope he's smarter than me. I can't let him go. Joanna would never forgive herself or me, if something goes wrong and he's a good lad, he does not deserve to be involved in this, Jaime thought. "She asked me to stay at Winterfell, no matter what. I promised her that I would try. But..." Pod was saying. "You never thought that she would be captured. You said that you would try, then try. I'll go to KingsLanding, if I can't do anything, then you're welcome to go." Jaime said. "I- Allright." Pod said. "I'll bring her home. I promise you." Jaime said. "Thank you." Pod said. "You really do love her, don't you?" Jaime asked, he was amazed by Pod's and Joanna's relationship, because it was something that had it's ups and downs and somehow it worked all the same, They knew each other too well and loved each other even more. He felt it was almost the same that he and Brienne had, however there was just something different. Jaime knew that they had a history as well, he just did not have a clue of what it was. Besides, Jaime had never seen Joanna so happy and so sure of anything else. "I do. Really. I'm here because of her." Pod said. "She really loves you too. I'm sure of it and I'm sure she is doing everything in her power to get back to you." Jaime said. At least, I hope she is, but... she'll get back one way or the other, Jaime thought.
Later at night, Jaime and Brienne were in their chamber, sleeping. However, suddenly Jaime woke up from a nightmare. They're going to kill each other, Jaime thought. The fact that it could happen was terrifying  because none of them would be able to live with it. Brienne woke up when she noticed that something was wrong and asked, "What's wrong?" "It's just a nightmare..." Jaime said. "Just a nightmare?" Brienne asked. "What if they kill each other?" Jaime asked. "They're sisters." Brienne said. "I know, but Cersei is mad and Joanna is the most impulsive person I know besides me." Jaime said. "If you're so worry about it, then go earlier." Brienne said. "You don't mind? I assure you that I'm only going to that damn city because of them, because they're my sisters, I don't love her anymore. I love you." Jaime said. "I know that, I love you too. But if you're so worried then go, don't waste time." Brienne said. "Allright, thank you. I'll come back." Jaime said and kissed her. "You'd better." Brienne said, after the kiss, and then Jaime got up and started to dress and pack things to go. "Jaime." Brienne said. "Uh?" Jaime said. "Bring Joanna back. She needs to get home." Brienne said. "I will. No matter what." Jaime said. Then Jaime said goodbye and went to KingsLanding.
Meanwhile in KingsLanding, Daenerys and her party had a meeting with Cersei. Tyrion mooved forward to speak with Qyburn, who was Cersei's Hand. "My lord." Qyburn said. "Queen Daenerys demands Cersei's immediate surrender and the immediate release of Joanna Lannister." Tyrion said, trying to sound calm. "Queen Cersei demands Daenerys immediate surrender, if she refuses... then you're welcome to try sacking the city." Qyburn said. "Qyburn. You're a racional man." Tyrion said. "Or so I flattered myself, my lord." Qyburn said. "We have a chance to stop this war here and now." Tyrion said. "I suppose we do." Qyburn said. "Help me and there's no need to have a war in this city." Tyrion said. "I only speak the Queen's words." Qyburn said. "Is that so? Then where's my sister?" Tyrion asked, already out of patience. "Of that I'm afraid I don't know anyhing." Qyburn said. Seeing that was not worthy talking to Qyburn, Tyrion mooved forward to talk to Cersei. What are you doing? We're going to get her back and sack the city one way or another, Daenerys thought. At first, it looked like Cersei would kill him, You can't do it, sweet sister. You know you can't, Tyrion thought and then Cersei canceled the order to fire. "I know you don't love your people or anyone in this city. I know you don't care if they die or if they live. But you're not a monster. You're not this person. I know it, because I've seen it. You love your children more than anything, even more than yourself. So, stop this war, stop this here and now and give your baby the chance to live." Tyrion said, trying to convince her. "That's not what you want to know here and now, is it? You only want to know about one person." Cersei said. "End this war and there's no need for any of us to get hurt." Tyrion said. "You were always there for her, without hesistation. You, Jaime, father, everyone was there without question. I always wondered why." Cersei said. "You were there too, or have you forgoten? You were the first one, from the moment she was born-." Tyrion was saying. "Was I? I must have forgoten." Cersei asked, cutting him off. "I will only ask this once. Where is my sister?" Tyrion asked seriously. "I believe you know the cell." Cersei said and then she trew something, it seemed like a sword. It stopped in front of him. The realization he made, hit him like a ton of bricks. It's Sharp Claw, it's her sword, Tyrion realized. Then he took the sword and looked at Cersei, she was smiling and then she left.

A/N: Hi! As you probably noticed the canon ended in the last two chapters. Also, I wanted to ask you if you would like to read another fanfic with the next generation, like their kids and all of that. Let me know what you think. Thank you for reading and for voting. I hope you're enjoying the story.