The Aftermath

It was almost evening, Joanna was at the beach with her brothers and she was just looking at the sea without a thought in her mind. Then she looked at her brothers and saw that they were devastated, still they were trying to keep it together. Therefore, she went to them and gave each one of them a hug. She took their hands and looked at them with a reassuring look and said, "Remember what she said. She wanted us to live our lives. She will always be with us, allright?" They only nodded, words would not come out. Then they started to hear troops. "No one can know this. At least, not yet." Joanna said and they nodded again and then the troops came. They were northmen and Jon was leading them. When he saw them, he went to them. "Jon? Is the war over?" Joanna asked. "Yes, it is." Jon answered relieved. "How did things go?" Joanna asked. "Did anyone get hurted?" Tyrion asked. "From our side, no. Arya and Clegane defeated the Mountain and Qyburn." Jon started to explain. The truth was that Arya had killed Qyburn and had stolen his face, because she knew that she would never get to Cersei if The Mountain lived and that disguisse would allow her to get to him. After stealling Qyburn's face she had summoned The Mountain, she had no idea why Cersei let him go still, but she did. Arya had led him to the lab where Clegane had been waiting and the fight had started. It had been hard, however once the fire had been lit in the fireplace they had managed to burn him to a crisp. Arya got a bit angry for not being able to kill Cersei, still she was dead and that was what was important. "Dany destroyed the Golden Company and killed Euron Greyjoy. The Lannister army surrendered. So the city is intact." Jon finished explaining. "The wildfire?" Jaime asked. "There was none of it activated." Jon said. "And Cersei?" Joanna asked, like she did not know. "We found her in the Skull room... she was dead... She commited suicide." Jon said. She's dead... my sister is dead, Joanna suddenly realized. However, she did not show it. "And you? Are you allright?" Jon asked. "Yes. We are." Joanna answered. Then they went to the Red Keep again.
There they met Daenerys, in the throne room, and she asked, "Are you allright?" "Yes, we are." Joanna said and her brothers nodded as well. "So when will the coronation be?" Tyrion asked. "From what we've talked, we have to convocate Sansa to the capital and then..." Jon said. "Then we are going to marry and have a coronation. And all of the political measures that are necessary." Daenerys said. "Congratulations." the three Lannister said. They remained talking for a while of the war and the future events. Joanna was glad that no more people had been hurt in the battle, still it did not feel like a win. It did not feel like a defeat either, it just felt sad and unreal. They had win the war, but they had lost a sister and yet it seemed that they had fulfilled their oath.
It was night already, when Joanna, Tyrion and Jaime went to a room, just the three of them. "What are we going to do now?" Tyrion asked. "For now, we keep it secret and then if the time comes we may tell." Jaime said. "Yes, that's a good plan." Joanna said. "Allright, then that's what we are going to do." Tyrion said. "I'm going to ask Jon to take me to Winterfell in Raeghal, tomorrow. But, first I want to know if you two are allright." Joanna said. She had to go to Winterfell, she had to see Pod, she had to tell him. That was the only thing that was on her mind by then. The reality did not seem real yet. "What?" Tyrion asked confused and surprised. "Why do you have to go to Winterfell?" Jaime asked the same way. They did not understand her. "I need to see him and it has to be now, I can't wait until he comes to the Capital." Joanna said. "Joanna, is everything allright?" Jaime asked concerned. "It's one month ride, why can't you wait one month?" Tyrion asked trying to figure out what was happening. "Everything is fine. I promised you that I'll explain it all to you when I get back. Will you two be allright? I've never seen you like that before and I'm worried." Joanna said. "We'll be allright. But more important, will you? It messed with you too, I can tell, and you are totally ingnoring it." Tyrion said. "I just need some time and I really need to see Pod. I know it does not make sense now, but it will when I tell you, for now just don't ask questions, please." Joanna said trying to convince them. "Allright. See how things are around there, will you?" Jaime asked. "I will, don't worry." Joanna said. "And take care." Tyrion said. "You too." Joanna said and then they all went to their rooms and tried to get some sleep, still none of them managed to sleep.
The next morning, Joanna looked for Jon. "Jon?" Joanna asked. "Hey. How are you feeling today?" Jon asked. "I'm fine, but I need to ask you a favor." Joanna answered. "Of course, what is it?" Jon asked confused and a bit curious. "I need you to take me to Winterfell in Raeghal. Please." Joanna said seriously. "Why? Is everything allright?" Jon asked confused. "Yes, everything is fine, but I have to see Podrick. Please, Jon, it's urgent, I really have to see him." Joanna explained. "Can't you tell me why? You're scaring me, I've never seen you like this-" Jon was saying concerned, when Joanna cut him off, "I'm pregnant." Jon just looked at her surprised and with his eyes wide opened. "Please, Jon. I have to tell him." Joanna said. "Allright, I'll take you. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you." Jon said giving her a hug. "Thank you. I'm a bit scared, actually." Joanna said after the hug. "You two will be wonderfull parents." Jon said and then, after they warned Daenerys and telling her what was happening, they went to Raeghal. The dragon felt what was going on and help them the whole journey.
Once they were in the dragon Jon said, "You're going to freak out, you know?" "Try me." Joanna said and then they took off. Allright, he's right. This is insane, but awsome!, Joanna thought. It was awsome, the feeling of the sky and the wind, the view and it was much more exciting than riding a horse.
They arrived at Winterfell in the afternoon. They left the dragon and Joanna said to Jon, "I have to go find him. Tell them I'm sorry and that I'll explain it later." Jon nodded and then Joanna went to find Pod.
As soon as she left, Sansa and Brienne came to see Jon. "What are you doing here?" Sansa asked surprised and giving him a hug. "Doing a favor to a friend and coming to give you an invitation to a coronation and a wedding." Jon answered after the hug. "Congratulations for the wedding. What do you mean a friend?" Sansa asked confused. "Do you know anything about Joanna?" Brienne asked concerned. "Joanna asked me to take her here in Raeghal. She needed to talk to Pod. She went to find him, but she'll explain it later." Jon said. "Is she allright?" Brienne asked. "Yes, I think so." Jon said. "You think?" Sansa asked concerned. "The news are good, but Cersei commited suicide." Jon explained. "She's strong, she'll be allright." Sansa said and then they remained talking for a while about the battle.
Meanwhile, Joanna went to find Pod. The first place she went to was the Godswood, somehow she knew that he would be there and he was. Podrick was there looking at the tree, it, somehow, had something that made him feel like they were together. It was a bit insane, still there was something... As she took a step towards him, he turned and they looked at each other, surprised and happy. They went to each other and hugged thightly, like they would never let go, ever again. Joanna felt tears in her eyes, not because she was sad to see him, but because she was so relieved to see him, because they had made it, because they would raise a family together. Podrick was just relieved and happy to see her, to have her there with him in his arms again, the past weeks were a torture because he wondered everyday how she was, what she was thinking, what was happening. At last, they were together again.
After the hug, they just looked at each other, smiled and then kissed. It felt like home. Then Pod said, "You're here. Are you allright? I was so worry." "I am now. Thank you for keeping the promise." Joanna said. "Jaime helped me." Pod said. "I'm glad he did. I have something important to tell you. Can we go inside? I'm freezing." Joanna said and then they went inside to the chambers.
Once inside, Podrick closed the door and asked concerned, "What is it? Is everything allright?" Joanna sat on the bed and said, pointing to the empty space next to her, "Come here and sit." He did and then said, "You're scaring me." Joanna took his hand and then took it to her belly and looked at him in the eyes and he looked at her confused. Then she said, "You're going to be a father." "W-what? Really? You're..." Pod said surprised and happy at the same time. "Yes, I'm pregnant." Joanna said happy. Then he kissed her and she kissed him back. "I'm so happy. You can't imagine." Pod said looking at her, after the kiss. "Trust me, I can. I was totally over the moon when I found out." Joanna said happily. "How did you find out?" Pod asked. "I was in the dungeons and I asked my sister if she was really pregnant because it did not seemed like it, then Cersei said that she hadn't bled in four months and it just rang in my head and I was totally shocked and happy. But then..." Joanna was saying but then her voice trailed off. Pod knew that something had happened at KingsLanding and it was not good. He pulled her into a embrace and then said, "I'm here, I will always be here. If you want to talk about what happened..." He knew her too well, to know that she had to talk about what had happened and that she had not talked about it yet.
Then Joanna started, "It was terrifyng, even beyond that if that's possible. I was alone there and there was no way out, I didn't have any weapons. I didn't know what to do for, if I fought my way out, they would hurt me for real and I couldn't risk the baby being hurt. I was completely freaking out. The only thing I could think was that I had to get out of there and I had to protect the baby, but there was no escape. Then Cersei wanted to use me as a human shield and I had to fight to get away. That was when I found Jaime and then..." Her voice trailed off, by then and she thought, she's dead, she's really dead. Pod squeezed her arm a bit comforting her. She felt the tears fell, with the realization. "We found my sister, she was devastated. She knew it was the end. We knew it too. Tyrion met us in the dragons skulls room and then we said goodbye. We gave her a choice, to take the potion and die peacefully there or to wait and die in a horrible way. She took the potion and she apologized for everthing and s-she was herself again. Then...then she died. M-My sister is dead. Gods. We had an oath and now it's just me and my brothers... they were devastated... she's gone." Joanna said and by then she was crying. Pod just held her and said, "She's in peace now. She's with her children and she will always be watching over you." Joanna leaned on to him and just let it all out. All the pain, all the sadness, all the grief, all of it. She felt safe when she was with him and by then they would start a family together. She knew she could trust him. Pod was there for her all the time and, even, if he was still surprised and a bit scared as well, because of the fact that they would be parents, he knew that at that time, it was more important to be there for Joanna than to freak out about something else, she had just lost a sister and he knew how strong the bond between her and her siblings was.
After the wave of sadness passed, Joanna was just in his arms, she had missed that and so had he. Then she looked at him and said, "Thank you." "How many times do I have to tell you, that you don't have to thank me." Pod said and Joanna chuckled. "I know. Can you believe we're going to be parents?" Joanna asked. "Actually, I still don't believe it." Pod said. "To be honest, it scares the hell out of me. I've never learnt how to be a mother." Joanna said. "I didn't learn how to be a father either, I don't think it can be learnt. But I believe that as long as we're together, we'll work it out." Pod said. "I believe that too. You don't know how many times I wished I was with you here and that I didn't have that stupid idea in the first place." Joanna said. "I wish I could have been there for you. But, it was because of your idea that this war did not go any futher than this." Pod said. "I'm glad that we made it." Joanna said. "Me too." Pod said and then kissed her. "Have you thought of any names, yet?" Joanna asked. "I don't know, I think I'm still processing the idea." Pod said with a chuckle. "Yeah, me too. I mean, we don't even know if it's a boy or a girl." Joanna said. "We will know when the time comes." Pod said. "Yeah, I think so. I love you, Pod." Joanna said. "I love you too, Joanna." Pod said and then they kissed again. "Did you tell anyone that you're pregnant?" Pod asked. "My sister figured out, before she died and I'm really happy she did. And I had to tell Jon and Daenerys, because I had to ask them to bring me here in Raeghal." Joanna answered. "So how was it to finally be on a dragon?" Pod asked, he knew she loved the stories. "It was scary, but awsome." Joanna said with a giggle and he laughed. "You'll never change." Pod said with a chuckle. "I thought you were used to it, by now." Joanna said with a giggle. "Not really. So, here is another crazy idea, let's tell them." Pod said. "I'm not the only one with crazy ideas, I see. I'm kidding, it's not crazy, but still it's not something that can be droped so easely." Joanna said. "I didn't say it was, I'm just saying that I think we can trust them with that." Pod said. "How do you think they're going to react?" Joanna asked. "I don't know. How did Jon react?" Pod asked. "He was happy for us." Joanna answered. "Then we don't have to worry about it." Pod said.
After the conversation, they went to find the others. Brienne, Sansa, Jon and Bran were in the meeting room talking about the future events and the battle when they came in. "Joanna, are you allright?" Sansa asked going to her. "Jon explained it to us." Brienne said going to her as well. "I'm fine now." Joanna said giving each of them a hug and then she went to Bran and gave him a hug as well. "I'm glad you're back." Bran said. "Me too." Joanna said. Jon went to greet Podrick with a handshake, however, for the face Jon made, Pod knew that he was congrulating him on the fact that he was going to be a father soon. Then Jon said, "I didn't tell them about the news." "News? What news?" Sansa and Brienne asked at the same time. Then Joanna went to where Pod was, took his hand and then said, "We're going to be parents. I'm pregnant." They were all happy and a bit surprised. "Congratulations! You're going to be amazing parents." Sansa said and then went to them and gave them a hug. "She's right. I'm so happy for you." Brienne said and did the same. "Wait a second, it just occured to me. If you two aren't married, then the child will be a bastard..." Jon said sadly, he did not wish that for anyone, even less for the child of his friends. "Jon! You had to say that now! I'm sure you and Daenerys can legitimate the child. I mean she's a lady and he's a knight." Sansa said angry and anoyed at the same time, it was a happy moment and he ruined it. "Wait, you're a knight?" Joanna asked. The bastard thing did not make sense for them because in their minds they were married. "Yeah, I forgot to tell you. Brienne made me a knight." Pod said. "That's wonderfull. I'm so happy for you." Joanna said. "He deserved it." Brienne said. "Still, I don't think we have the time to legitimate the child, before it is known, you know how the rumours work." Jon said. "No." Bran said and then they all looked at him. "What do you mean?" Joanna asked. "They're married in the eyes of the gods." Bran said. Then they all looked at Joanna and Pod and Joanna explained, "I didn't know if I was going to make it back and we were in the Godswood and he gave the idea and we said the words. In our minds, we are married, just not officially." "Therefore, the girl will not be a bastard. Are you more relaxed now, Jon?" Bran said, this was one of the moments that he was more Brandon Stark than Three-eye-raven. "That makes more sense-" Jon was saying when Joanna and Pod interupted him, "Did you just said 'the girl'?" "Uuuh, sorry. It came out." Bran said a bit clumsy. "Have you seen her?" Joanna asked. "I have and she's beautifull." Bran said smiling. "Thank you, Bran." Pod said. "Yes, thank you. Just don't do that if we are to have more children." Joanna said. "Of course, I wil try." Bran said and then he thought, Jenny is as beautiful as you and as cheerful as Pod, she fights better than any other knight. Marianne is a lady like her aunt and loves to ride just like you, she looks more like Pod, still she has your eyes. And, the twins, Thomas and James. They fight as ressorcefully and are as smart as their uncles. Thomas is more like Pod, while James is more like you. They're going to achieve great things someday.
Joanna and Pod looked at each other and smiled. They were so happy, they would have a daugther. They knew the exact name, without even talking about it.
Then Sansa asked, "Have you thought of any names, yet?" "There's probably thounsands coming to your heads right now." Brienne said. "We haven't talked about it, but I think we know the name." Joanna said. "Yes, I think we do." Pod said. "Which one is it?" Jon asked. "Jenny." Joanna and Pod said at the same time. "That's a beautiful name." everyone said. It was no secret that it was because of the song. He loved the song and sang it amazingly and it was her favourite song since childhood. Besides, it was associated with a good memory.
Joanna and Jon had to go back to KingsLanding, because of the preparations of the coronation and the wedding and because it was safer and faster travelling in a dragon than in a horse. Therefore, eventhough Joanna and Podrick did not want to leave each other again, they had to wait one more month until that could happen.
Joanna and Jon said goodbye to everyone. Then they went back to KingsLanding.
It was almost night, when they arrived at KingsLanding. They met Gendry and Arya. Joanna told them that she had to talk to them later and went to find her brothers, while Jon stayed talking to them for a while and then went to find Daenerys.
Joanna found her brothers at last, she found them in the Hand's chambers. She just entered the room, discretely and then said, "Missing the old times, boys." Then they turned around and were surprised to see her, "You're back!" Jaime said. "Can you tell us what the hell happened now, girl?" Tyrion said and they laughed. Then she sat at the table with them and said, "I can." "So..." Jaime and Tyrion said. "I'm happy to tell you that you're going to be uncles." Joanna anounced. "W-what?" Jaime asked. "You're serious?" Tyrion asked. They were in shock. "I'm pregnant. That was why I had to go to Winterfell, because I had to tell Pod that he was going to be a father." Joanna said smiling. "Congratulations!" they both said. "Thank you." Joanna said. "But you aren't married, so..." Jaime said. "Jon and Dany can legitimate the child." Tyrion said. "No. We're married in the eyes of the gods." Joanna said. "What? When did that happened?" Jaime asked. "Before I left, I didn't know if I was going to survive the war and then we were in the Godswood, he susgested it, then he just proposed and I said yes, so we said the words in front of the tree." Joanna explained. "That is so wonderful." Tyrion said. "It is... so that means..." Jaime said. "It means, from what Bran said, that the girl will not be a bastard." Joanna said. "Wait... the girl?..." the brothers said at the same time. "Yes, Bran saw her and said she is beautiful." Joanna said. "You two will be amazing parents." Tyrion said. "Have you thought of any names yet?" Jaime asked. "Her name is going to be Jenny." Joanna said. "Like the song. It's really meaningfull I see." Jaime said. "Jenny. It's a good name." Tyrion said with a chuckle. "I know. To be honest I'm a bit scared, because I mean I've never learnt how to be a mother." Joanna said. "It's going to be fine." Jaime said. "Yeah, he's right." Tyrion said. "I hope you two are right." Joanna said. "How were things in Winterfell?" Jaime asked. "Everyone is alright and Brienne and Sansa said that they missed you two." Joanna said smiling. "Everything is coming into place, isn't it?" Tyrion asked. "I think so." Jaime said. "Now, we just have to do as sister said we have to live our lifes without looking back." Joanna said and then they all smiled. "She's watching us." Tyrion said. "And father and mother are too." Jaime said. "And Tommen and Myrcella and Joffrey and everyone we lost." Joanna said. They never really die, they become a part of us, Joanna thought.
In a months time, all the people were in KingsLanding and the tension was high, not because of political conflits, but because they were so close to have a happy ending and it could all be blown away in a second.